• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bo7913DK

Private
59 Badges
Jul 22, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Pride of Nations
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Gettysburg
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Even though March of the Eagles is a very fun game, it lags in many things.

1. Minor nations should be able to win. Minor nations cant get naval/land dominance since it for some weird reason is only the great powers who can win the game.

2. EVERY nation should have a national idea, and yes it may take some time, but it will show that you care about the community who play the game. As of now you dont even show the slightest interest in what the players think, and that makes you look bad.

3. When playing as a minor power even though you conquer 95% of a great power (This is possible if you declare war on the same countries multiple times) you stay as a minor power, and the great power stays a great power. Thats a bit weird if Great Britain is only controlling London, and the minor power controls everything else.

Im always interested in you're guys opinions.

Last edited:
Even though March of the Eagles is a very fun game, it lags in many things.

1. Minor nations should be able to win. Minor nations cant get naval/land dominance since it for some weird reason is only the great powers who can win the game.

2. EVERY nation should have a national idea, and yes it may take some time, but it will show that you care about the community who play the game. As of now you doesnt even show the slightest interest in what the players think, and that makes you look bad.

3. When playing as a minor power even though you conquer 95% of a great power (This is possible if you declare war on the same countries multiple times) you stay as a minor power, and the great power stays a great power. Thats a bit weird if Great Britain is only controlling London, and the minor power controls everything else.

Im always interested in you're guys opinions.

- Bo

I totally agree with this. Only reason I don't play it more.

Like what someone else said in another thread, I would like to have the Naval system fixed so that enemy fleets don't just "automatically detect your fleet whenever you move them out of your port" (enough though they're not supposed to spot you because of their maximum sight limit) - it's like AI navies having SONAR radars or something... whenever I move one of my navies from my port, they [especially those British ship] just automatically sees where I am going and instantly send out one of their "grand" fleets to intercept me. This makes naval transport dominance almost impossible if you're not playing as the 'Holy British Naval Empire of Great Britain', and even as France it is nearly impossible to beat the British navy.

Sort out the British naval issues.

I'm almost certain that most of the naval issues can be sorted out through modding so, to be honest, I would rather modders sorted it than the devs. It would be extremely helpful though if a clear difference between naval and land builds and combat could be added to the defines. At the minute you fix the navy and screw up the land and vice versa.

While on the subject, I would like the battle sounds issues fixed (ghost fleets cause it). I know they've tried because the sounds are totally messed up now, and the movement order being cancelled on an intercept fixed again please.

The right sprites for ships being shown would be nice, as would a navy tab in the ledger, just to be fair.

This might be touchy but could the naval ai be a bit more like 1.01. The navies used to blockade nicely and generally be alright in war, a bit suicidal, but not too bad. Now, for the Royal Navy at least, 80% for the fleet will park itself in London, Douglas or Gib and just sit there watching invasions happen right in front of them. I did speed up the landings so I expect that if I put the landings back to 3 months the ai would do something about it. Not a good solution chaps.

Finally would it be possible to stop the ai troops wandering aimlessly around so much, especially when sieging. Had a war with Sweden and Russia lasting 4 years longer than it should because with one Swedish province to go, and no opposition, the Russians marched in, started sieging and marched straight out again. Obviously they then just turned round and marched back in again, and so on and so on.

I feel like I should have started this post "Dear Santa". The timing and probability of a response just, I don't know, feels right.

I'm almost certain that most of the naval issues can be sorted out through modding so, to be honest, I would rather modders sorted it than the devs. It would be extremely helpful though if a clear difference between naval and land builds and combat could be added to the defines. At the minute you fix the navy and screw up the land and vice versa.

I'm not sure there's any good way of fixing naval without changing the fundamental way positioning is calculated on the ocean. That's... not something modders can do. There's severak band-aids modders can slap on it, but they are barely-tolerable solutions at best.

Leader traits and frontage seem to be the big boys where positioning is concerned and positioning is huge in naval combat, so I still think modders can do it. What I don't think they can change is the navy's reaction to enemy ships. From release ships were almost psychic and this led to many complaints. The solution seems to have been to make the ships practically none responsive to an enemy invasion but to increase invasion time (by a ridiculous amount) to compensate. The devs do need to sort this out. The length of naval battles and casualties inflicted is still controllable (ish) through modding.

AI controlled minor nations just seem to build the same type of units. So even though they may have Infantry, Calvary and Guard units they just build one type. Usually something like a light infantry and service units continuously.

I'm almost certain that most of the naval issues can be sorted out through modding so, to be honest, I would rather modders sorted it than the devs.

When a major feature of a game is not working well or nearly broken that should be the job of developpers to fix it for the players who paid the game. We don't want to rely on modders to have a playable game.

That being said, the work of modders is greatly appreciated to enhance the game and/or propose new features, some of this work is eventually added to the regular game.