Is it possibleTo make canals(Kiel,Suez,Panama) enabled without events or dicisions?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(627009)

Recruit
7 Badges
Jan 3, 2013
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
I am making a mod for Victoria2:Hearts of Darkness,and I want to make canals enabled without events or dicisions.But, I do not know what to do.
Please told me the way if it is possible making canals(Kiel,Suez,Panama) enabled without events or dicisions.

You can always set an event that fires at the start of the game that enables this line of code:

effect = {
enable_canal = 1
369 = { set_province_flag = kiel_canal }
prestige = 5
}

I believe its the same for the Suez and Panama canals, but with different names, obviously.

You can always set an event that fires at the start of the game that enables this line of code:

effect = {
enable_canal = 1
369 = { set_province_flag = kiel_canal }
prestige = 5
}

I believe its the same for the Suez and Panama canals, but with different names, obviously.

I would imagine (not sure on this one) that you could put set_province_flag = kiel_canal in the history file for Kiel (369 - Kiel) and it should be enabled at the start.