• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hi, could you update this file for 2014 please? especially as wtf to do with the "nppBackup"? and could you PLEASE WRITE a damn real Readme file. not just copy an out of date one from Liam. I don't think your incompetent at all, but the crappy junk you have posted for us is terrible. if you ever handed in work like this you should be fired.

sorry for rippin ya up but geez.... take some pride in your work dude :)

and when i say update for 2014 i mean i'd like an up to date listing of the mods that this will work with.

Well the event stuff was very out of date when I uploaded it anyway. Perhaps I should start a new thread about it.

Christ almighty I keep forgetting this... I recall fixing a few errors in my version of the cheats so that with default (untested) and Kaisereich it no longer causes any issues on loadup and the event text descriptions and actions work correctly. Although I think it still causes a hiccup with the '43 Rocket Interceptor, since I've never seen it unlock.

Here are the links to my version, don't expect it to cure all ailments, not fiddled with it in months:

Will attempt something at some point, so consider this a little stopgap to make it more bearable.

My cheats hae got an extreme version of them as I was lazy. It's not that important.

My cheats hae got an extreme version of them as I was lazy. It's not that important.
Not had a look at them to be honest, I seldom play DH lately anyhow.

Oh could you by any chance update your awesome cheats for Edge of Darkness and Fatherland, please :)

At least give us a cheat for building IC. That would help greatly.

The DHEC is working for EoD 1.4. I'm not sure yet for the Fatherland, since I didn't "cheated" it yet. I just followed the instructions and it worked for most of the mods that I had. Well, let's just wait for the update. Maybe next year? :D

I found an error in your ReadMe file, you say to

Go into the config folder of the mod, not the game, usually found here "E:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\config", open the file called "extra_text" with notepad
Now open the cheats file called extra_text in notepad also, select all of the CHEAT text with Ctrl+A and copy it.

when what you really mean is the file you have included in the archive called event_text, and to post that the content of that file into the event_text file in the Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\config folder. Took me a bit to figure this out, as I was confused as to why there was no file called "extra_text" in your archive.

Last edited:
I found an error in your ReadMe file, you say to

when what you really mean is the file you have included in the archive called event_text, and to post that the content of that file into the event_text file in the Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full\config folder. Took me a bit to figure this out, as I was confused as to why there was no file called "extra_text" in your archive.

I found that Performing "Ctrl+A" on the Cheat files in the Extra-text file of the config folder of the GAME, does in fact make the mods Edge of Darkness and Fatherland make the cheat mod shows the correct names for the items that are listed under options/directives.

The only thing i've found missing is there are NO longer any cheats for changing the actual units, i.e. increasing/decreasing plane range, infantry or armor speed or damage or the like.

Do those cheats no longer exist? They did add a cool change up to the game. I'd start with one country give that country those cheats, then save the game and reopen that saved game and change flags to another country. It certainly changed the gameplay making those countries harder to conquer.

But the readme instructions care baffling at best.

I found that Performing "Ctrl+A" on the Cheat files in the Extra-text file of the config folder of the GAME, does in fact make the mods Edge of Darkness and Fatherland make the cheat mod shows the correct names for the items that are listed under options/directives.

The only thing i've found missing is there are NO longer any cheats for changing the actual units, i.e. increasing/decreasing plane range, infantry or armor speed or damage or the like.

Do those cheats no longer exist? They did add a cool change up to the game. I'd start with one country give that country those cheats, then save the game and reopen that saved game and change flags to another country. It certainly changed the gameplay making those countries harder to conquer.

But the readme instructions care baffling at best.
Try looking at my hotfix here
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ent-Cheats&p=18474502&viewfull=1#post18474502

The unit modification cheats start at number "event 8015000".

The instructions were correct at the time of writing. When it comes to the event_text and extra_text, you can edit one or the other, they both should suffice. I've never had an issue my end.

When it comes to event names and descriptions being wrong, I managed to find and correct the problem with my hotfix a month or three ago. It was all down to one line missing a character.

As for getting the cheats to work with other mods, I've done all I can to make it mod compatible as possible, when it comes to technology blueprints, that's down the mod itself not the cheats. The cheats work on vanilla technology tree and mods that use it. Save for the '43 Rocket Interceptor, that's a known bug even for me, not figured it out yet.

I need to edit the OP for the hotfix. Standby on that one.

Try looking at my hotfix here
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ent-Cheats&p=18474502&viewfull=1#post18474502

The unit modification cheats start at number "event 8015000".

The instructions were correct at the time of writing. When it comes to the event_text and extra_text, you can edit one or the other, they both should suffice. I've never had an issue my end.

When it comes to event names and descriptions being wrong, I managed to find and correct the problem with my hotfix a month or three ago. It was all down to one line missing a character.

As for getting the cheats to work with other mods, I've done all I can to make it mod compatible as possible, when it comes to technology blueprints, that's down the mod itself not the cheats. The cheats work on vanilla technology tree and mods that use it. Save for the '43 Rocket Interceptor, that's a known bug even for me, not figured it out yet.

I need to edit the OP for the hotfix. Standby on that one.

Thank you very much for coming back to DH to do this for us. WE really do appreciate it cause the Cheats mod does bring new life to the game.

Thank you very much for coming back to DH to do this for us. WE really do appreciate it cause the Cheats mod does bring new life to the game.
Frankly, the hotfix merely fixes the event descriptions and names. I got ticked off about the numbers, but it helped that I memorized them by heart.

I'm a terribly unreliable person for coding due to RL commitments, but I do sincerely adore a good KR run, and looking at this Flashes and Eagles mod, my interest is being piqued again.

Frankly, the hotfix merely fixes the event descriptions and names. I got ticked off about the numbers, but it helped that I memorized them by heart.

I'm a terribly unreliable person for coding due to RL commitments, but I do sincerely adore a good KR run, and looking at this Flashes and Eagles mod, my interest is being piqued again.

We'll be waiting for an update, Liam. Especially DHEC to be compatible with KR and Flashes and Eagles mods :cool:

We'll be waiting for an update, Liam. Especially DHEC to be compatible with KR and Flashes and Eagles mods :cool:
It is for KR, I await Flashes and Eagles. with baited breath.