• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ruler Name: Kvothe Kalare
Ruler Trait: Brilliant Strategist
Race: Nord(Arl)
Heir: Kitai and Hinata
Daughter:Navaris
Vassals: Brancus Aleratis , Kalerus Antillus
Champion:Brencis Valerian(retired and made leiutenient), NEW: Kaliris Kalerus
Bio: The family is the direct descendant of the Founders of the great city: Kalare( located in the province with the same name) (the name was taken form the mountain in were the clan originally lived) . Since in-memorial times the have rule the city with an iron fist and have making it the only relevant port city in the whole Norseland. The city is located near the end of the River: Rill that comes all the way from the golden city and separate the Norseland from the Galadriel woods. The Kalare Family is a big family Compose of 2 males , the legendary Warrior Kvothe the slayer family head and his only son javert call the 'law' by many for his fanatical attitude against crimes committed in the city. The females number are 8 with the oldest daugther call Navaris 'the cutter" for her affection to duels and killing her opponents instead of letting them alive, her younger sisters ( none at marriageable age yet) go in this descendent order: Kitai(15), Hinata(15), Invidia(14), Asuna(12), Azula(12), Izanami(10), Isana(10), Alera(8).

Epithap of Araris Valerian:
Araris was a good man, loyal to Kalare city and a good friend, he left a family of 5 without a father and a widow, i will support them from now on. He was champion for many years in the Kalare arena and was renown for his physical power. Few can say they have fought true evil and survived but he could claim it after slaying the Under King Wraith in Mount Kalaris, regretfully he could not do this feat again and fell against the undead horror of the Necromancer. We shall murn him and make him a local hero in Kalare city as he very much deserve it

Last edited:
The Trip

After meeting with Tuor Sáralondë and telling him to increase patrols along the coast to protect from slavers, Armas returned to Coal to prepare for his trip to the Golden City. He planned to bring his son, Elessar, and eldest daughter, Nienna, with him, leaving Linwë in Coal with her mother Larien, who would manage the realm in his stead. Armas also planned to bring Galdor, his champion, to serve as his bodyguard and key agent and advisor in the city. He also wanted to bring Fëanáro Anárion, Priest of Light, to the city. From what he heard about it and the little he had seen when he was there, the Light was almost entirely absent from the Golden City, Armas hoped to change that.

Armas gathered his men and went to the docks of Coal. There he boarded the Light of the Sea, the capital ship in the Coamenel fleet, and began his journey to the Golden City. As the grand city of Coal disappeared from view Armas retired to his cabin. Armas went to his desk and began plotting their course around Agorath into the Golden City. As much as he didn’t like the idea of being in the city for an extended period of time, sitting on the Assembly of Lords was his best way to gain power and influence in this new government.

But first he would be making a stop in Azeratii, Armas wished to speak to its lord, Asharian Krestarii. He wished to speak about the resurgence of the slave trade against the elves of Galadriel, specifically in Coamenel Province. Armas felt himself starting to grow angry and began to meditate. Even out at sea, the Light felt the same as it did when he was deep in the forests. Armas knew that for most, the connection to the Light began to fade as they left the forests of Galadriel, but try as he might, he couldn’t imagine not being connected to something so vitally important. Armas meditated the entire night, mourning the elves that were forced into slavery and would never feel the Light again.

Three weeks later Light of the Sea docked in the city of Azeratii, though they were far from the slave port, Armas didn’t think he would be able to stomach seeing it. Armas donned his golden ceremonial armor and leaf green cloak, clasped on his ancestral sword, and swung his bow onto his back with a quiver of arrows. The sailors quickly began securing the ship to the dock, and by the time Armas was ready to disembark, a group of twelve soldiers wearing the Harpy of Azeratii approached the ship.

The officer in charge of the soldiers said, “Lord Krestarii requests your presence at his throne room.”

Armas replied, “Then take us too him” and immediately began walking towards the castle with Galdor, Fëanáro, and Elessar. Nienna was to stay on the boat under heavy guard; Armas didn’t trust the people of this city.

Armas entered the throne room, a large hall made of stone, and saw Lord Krestarii sitting at the far end on an elevated throne. He walked briskly, noting the brilliantly carved statues and torches on either side of him, the statues weren’t of eleven quality, but for human work there surely were masterpieces. Armas stopped before Krestarii and examined the man, he looked tired, but there seemed to be a hidden cleverness and an air of superiority about him. He was adorned in jewelry and wore fine silk clothing, no doubt to show off the power and wealth at his command.

“Greetings Master Coamenel, I must say I am surprised to see an elven ship in my port, it has been quite some time since the elves traded with us.”

Armas looked at the man in shock and said, “Lord Krestarii, I did not come here to trade, and if I have my way, no elf will ever trade with this abomination of a city. I was going to issue orders to one of my vassals when I came across slavers raiding my lands, they intended to take my citizens and sell them in your city. I demand that you put an end to the slave trade in elven lands.”

Krestarii sighed and began explaining the intricacies of the slave trade to Armas, clearly annoyed that he had to waste his valuable time on something that he saw as being so simple. He has no control over the slave trade. Armas refused to accept this and argued that the city was the main hub of the slave trade and if Krestarii wished to close the port to slavers he could. Krestarii explained, essentially it boiled down to the delicate balance of power between himself and the Slaver Families. There was no way he could end the slave trade and expect to maintain control over his city.

Armas looked at Krestarii in disgust, “I see, you are just a coward, too weak to rule your own lands. You are not fit to rule this city, or any city for that matter. You should consider taking your city back from the thugs and murders that currently run it." then he turned to his party "Come, we must depart.”

Armas and his followers left the building quickly and made for their ship, they needed to get to the Golden City. Krestarii however sat on his throne and contemplated what the strange elf lord had said, then he brushed it off and went to his quarters, he had a busy day tomorrow meeting with another slaver family.

Armas headed down the steps of the Palace in anger. Krestarii seemed like such a coward and a fool. Their did not seem to be a way where the Slavers had free reign in his city. He claimed the Slaver were stronger than him, but yet he still was able to rule the city. Armas did not see how that was possible. He was half way to the ship when he saw a large group of people approaching. At the head was a man in fancy armour. He was fallowed by almost 30 men in full armour, clearly guards. This man was also accompanied by some elves, all with a large neck collar on, clearly slaves. As the man approached, the officer in charge of the Azeratii guards wispered to Armas, "That is Fritorious Cortorii. The Cortorii are one of the more powerfull Slaver Families."
Armas was disgusted at the sight of the Slaver. This was the one of the men that enslaved his people. Armas intended to give him a peace of his mind. As Armas approched Fritorious, the Cortorii guards stepped infront of him.
With a load voice Cortorii said, "Well, look who we have here, an elf lord. You know, your people have started giving me trouble in my buissness. I would appreaceate it if who would stop with the stupid riesestance. It is a bit annoying."
Armas, seithing with anger, replied, "you are taking my people from the Light, and making them work for you. You torture and you harm them. That is wrong."
Cortorii replied, "Last time I checked, slavery was quite legal in the empire. I have no reason to stop what I am doing. You on the other hand are slaughtering my men. That is what is wrong."
"They are attacking my people" Armas replied in anger.
"No, they are relocating them"
Armas, getting angry, said, "You are a murder and a kidnapper. You people are evil. Even your lords are cowards."
Laughing, Cortorii replied, "The Krestarii, cowards? No sir, you are quite wrong. Have you heard the story of Vlashian? Judging by your puzzeled look, I guess you probably havn't. It was a trade city that arrose around 70 years ago, and challenged Azeratii's control on trade in the area. The Krestarii wern't going to allow that, so they went to war. You do not hear of Vlashian anymore as it no longer exists. The Krestarii raised the city to the ground. They are not cowards. They also do not move agianst the Slaver Families, as they know we have a shot at pushing them out of power. They are incedably dangorous people. Don't under estamate Asharian. Well, I must go. Just some friendly advice, be carefull in the Golden City. That daughter of yours would fetch a nice price."
Cortorii walked off, leaving Armas a little confused, and a bit shacken.

Ruler Name: Ares Krestarii (Ra'Gru) (Previously Ra'Gru the Dark Lord of Death and Disease)
Race: Imperial (Previously an Orc and Ethereal being)
Heir: Varian Krestarii (3)
Daughter: Anwën Krestarii/Mindrilla (0)
Vassals: Sir Garas
Lord Arckard
Champion: Sir Garas

Bio: My father was an Orc of a smaller tribe of no importance, he joined raiding parties and took out to fight. He was a useless sack of meat and did nothing for his own, he ate, shit, slept and fucked and none of it made him any fortune. When he finally got out to fight he was the man who did nothing but miss his hits and yet somehow survived while proper fighters around him died, it’s a luck he actually manage to catch and rape my mother. It might be the only time in his life he actually succeeded in one of his goals, and his goal was to get laid which turned out to eventually be the end of him.

My mother on the other hand was a South Imperial traveling the land and helping her family trading their goods, she was capable of defending herself but sadly that didn’t help her against my father. After she had born me she went into a depression and eventually killed herself due to what had happened, i still blame my father for that.

I was then handed over to the Orcs who took me in, I was different than them. I was stronger, fast and more clever, i soon became one of their best fighters and tactical minds. At the age of 16 my father was out on another drunken rage, he decided that i had done something wront and started launching at me with his sword. Long story short he missed and i gutted him in return, i then then joined raiding bands which most of the time focused on trade caravans, not a lot of sport it it payed well it was also here i found out that i able to perform very minor tricks of magic.

only a few knows what Ra'Gru looks like under the armor, this is because of his origin. He is looking to much of a Human to be an Orc, always careful of his identity he always wear his armor even when he is alone, The only thing know about him is that he has whitish skin, black hair and what looked to be two earings from when a maid once walked in on him.

At the age of 18 i took command of a tribe of Orcs and start warring other tribes, about a year ago i had made myself a successful leader and needed a place for my tribes to call home. We found a major cave city-fortress belonging to an old dwarven king and decided to call it our own home and named it Goi'Orka which is located in the west of Highathar.

From here we shall build our strength and carve out an empire of our own.

Last edited:
83e57be20c4a411440899552509938c8.jpg

ArchMage Qylan and High Steward Mathlion approach rebel leaders to discuss the surrender of the Empire​

"Hear me, my lords! Essos, Second of his name, no longer walks these mortal plains and no heir lives to take up his crown. After counseled to relinquish his throne, the Emperor elected instead to take his own life. The Empire is without an Emperor and can stand as an empire no more! By the power invested in me, as High Steward of the Golden City, I proclaim myself interim ruler of the Golden City and Speaker of the Assembly of Lords. I hereby proclaim the authority of the Empire to be no more, and imperial law to be diminished and moot. My first order is to once again open the Assembly of Lords so that a forum of open discussion and debate on the issues facing the realm can once again be discussed among the rulers.

Furthermore, as holders of the Crowns have long since passed, and by ancient tradition that is our law, the crowns shall only be released into the hands of the worthy, deemed so by myself, the Archmage and the Assembly of Lords."

~ High Steward Mathlion

"I, Qylan, ArchMage of the Order of Light, stand by Steward Mathlion and remind you that all has been foretold! This is the falling of the Empire as told in the Book of Light! Our only hope is that strong rulers will rise up and prove themselves worthy of their crown. A Petty King and a High King of the Highathar must be crowned! An Emir and Sultan of Hroniden awaits a crown! A Theron and a King of Galadriel has to be crowned! A Jarl and a King in Norseland must be worthy of a crown! A Duke and a King in Ecclestius waits to be crowned! The Creator watches over us still, though He has left this realm. Prove your might, your statesmanship, your cunning, and a crown shall be fit upon your head!

Lay down your arms! Send your armies home and enter the Golden City as the rightful lords of Agorath and assemble. "

~ ArchMage Qylan

The Treaty of Burnt Bridge
Edios Amendum Die Vitros
May the Creator Judge us, May He Forgive us.

The Authority of the Empire is herby rendered obsolete. The Crown of Ecclestiasties is transferred to the High Steward for safe keeping.

The provinces of the Empire are to return to being independent states and the will of the Throne may no longer be projected upon the sovereign rulers of Arorath.

The Golden Army is to disband and only be called to banners when the entire realm is under threat.

The Crowns of the Old Kingdoms shall be entrusted to the High Steward and ArchMage only to be delivered unto those deemed worthy in sight of The Creator, Men, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, And the Assembly of Lords as dictated by old custom of Agorath.​

Last edited:
(( Point of clarification: does the fortification level referred to in our stats describe our home province, or our dwelling within the city? Because level 0 seems rather low for the former, but entirely sensible for the latter. I ask because I started writing a description of my Mountainhome (in the south-west mountain closest to the wilds) and didn't want to describe the elaborate defenses any proper Dwarf Fortress would have only to have it turn out to be as defensible as a common hobbit-hole.))

There was no mistaking the Master of Kogansunan, Deagrin Burntbeard, as his company marched through the streets of the Golden City. On every side marched one of his sworn shields, the household guards that any proper Dwarf noble relied upon. Clad in gleaming steel plate from head to foot, with their faces hidden behind flat metal visors, they were an intimidating sight in the unruly city streets. Crowds parted at their approach.

The dwarf lord was clad in shimmering steel as well, inlaid with gems, with the 'D' rune of his house embossed on his chest. He elected not to wear his helmet though, the better to see the Dwarven Quarter. It was better kept and more orderly than the neighborhoods where the human commoners lived. The Dwarves living in the city were mostly craftsmen. War and siege had no doubt hurt many of them, but it had certainly kept the smiths and masons busy. Most no doubt had been born here, plying their trades in the same shops their fathers did, living and dying without ever so much as seeing a proper mountain. Though the towers their forefathers helped raise up were a decent enough substitute.

But though there was less misery here than elsewhere in the city, there was little joy either. He saw no starving beggars, but no fat elders either. Their houses were solid, but plain. For every jeweler or sculptor there seemed to be two armorers and a sword-smith. The forges here burned coal, belching black smoke that dulled the shine of the sun on steel; there was no powerful glow of magma. Hammers sang on anvils, but their song was shrill and had no harps and horns to accompany them.

He did not know what to make of them, these city-dwarves. Their quarter was like the delvings of his own commoners, but not quite. Did these craftsmen long for something greater, or were they content with their place in this city? Did they even know themselves?

Ruler Name: Emir Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn I Ayyūbid
Race: Hroniden
Heir: Nasir al-Dīn Ayyūbid (age 8)
Daughter: Ismat al-Dīn Ayyūbid (age 8)
Vassals:
-Nur ad-Din Zangi
-Al-Aziz Uthman
Champion: Najm al-Dīn Ayyūbid
Biography: The Ayyūbid family are direct descendents of the Hero Ayyūb ibn Mutikabir of the age of heroes. Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn was tutored by his father from an early age quickly becoming an excellent tactician. At the age of 16 he lead a campaign against an Orc Kingdom that had been launching raids in the upper reaches of Miṣr. Showing an impressive understanding of strategy he swiftly crushed them and destroyed their cities as a warning for any other Orc tribe that might consider breaking the Great Peace. During the Great Revolt Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn personally lead the army of Miṣr in it's march towards the Golden City. When the Imperial Army of 5,000 marched south Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn used his light horsemen and Horse Archers to harass the enemy while he force marched his main force of Heavy Infantry and Cavalry around the enemy flank placing himself between them and the Holy City. This forced the enemy to attack Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn's forces while outflanked and the result was entirely predictable, out of a force of 5,000 1,500 were killed and the remaining 3,500 captured before promptly being sold as slaves.

After this great victory Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn returned to the capital of Miṣr, Mutikabir, leaving command of the army to his brother Najm al-Dīn Ayyūbid. Upon the surrender of the Golden City and the news of the reopening of the Assembly Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn returned to the city accompanied by the Eunuch Al-Aziz Uthman, Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn's Spymaster, and Nur ad-Din Zangi who was Chief Diplomat of Miṣr.

Last edited:
The city of Goi'Orka

The outer walls of the city​

The city of Goi'Orka is a bit over a year old but already numbering 80,000 in population, this is due to it being the first Orcish city to emerge in a long time. Upon its formation a lot of Orcs traveled and settled within its border, another reason of its size is due to its massive amounts of slaves which number 20,000 out of the 80,000 living in the city, 10,000 of these slaves are Elfs. Finally it has also to due with the large amount of tribes in the nearby area and the ones that Ra'Gru had with him when he settled.

The city is new and still under construction, the walls have been badly neglected due to it standing for centuries without being cared for, the city itself however is still in fine condition and while it may only house 80,000 it seems to be twice the size of the Golden city in length and with underground roads leading to other cities.

The soldiers of Goi'Orka are not only dreaded for their skill in battle but also by the terrifying look of their armor. Their armor is decided to install fear, both on the battlefield and on the streets, it has worked very well to keep the slaves and criminals in check.

Soldiers of the Goi'Orka army​

Last edited:
The Assembly of Lords

A great chamber within the Imperial Palace in the Golden City is the great meeting area for the Lords of Light. A vast room with high arching ceilings adorned with magical glyphs from the Age of Heroes that disable all magic cast in the hall. No weapons are permitted within and every luxury afforded to the Golden City is found within to sate the appetites of the Lords of Agaroth. The Great Doors creak open and servants clean the dust from the room, and for the first time in twenty years, the Lords of Light fill the Assembly.

Rules

The Assembly of Lords is a place to pursue diplomacy, not battle. All fights will be pursued on the field, NOT within these sacred halls.

To keep things from getting too chaotic, each ruler may propose up to ONE diplomatic proposal per session.
Be aware that every proposal is an investment which will cost gold (5 chests usually) and a return of investment is not guaranteed.

Players may propose quests, as they see fit, but their discretion is appreciated to keep the number of quests limited to a manageable number. Every Quest costs 10 chests of gold to take part in.

Each session is called to order by the High Steward of the Golden City, who acts as overseer of the Assembly. He will also present pertinent issues facing the realm for debate amongst the lords.​

Last edited:
Gunther von Saxon sat upon his small but practical throne. His hall was not adorned with wealth as Southerners so often do. On his left stood his champion, Sir Leopold von Stockholm, holding his famous zweihänder. On Gunther’s right stood his other vassal, Maxillian von Arlburg. A merchant was trying to get Gunther to ride off after some robbers who stole his cart of sausages. Gunther wasn’t going to do it of course. Robbers stole sausages all the time. There is little even a Count can do to stop theft.

“My Lord, a Krestarii carriage has arrived.” One of my guards said.

“Very well. Call Wilhelm and Johanna and tell them to meet me in the courtyard. Maximillian, show this merchant to the gate and gather a search party. Leopold, let us go and meet Jutarian Krestarii.” Gunther instructed calmly.

Everyone followed their instructions and Gunther walked down to the courtyard. Standing next to a fancy carriage 17 year old Jutarian Krestariii, heir to the Krestarii line smiled at my approach.

“I know that smile, my boy. What are you planning?” Gunther said moving to embrace Jutarian.

“You always knew when I was scheming. Something my father cannot even claim.” Jutarian answered accepting Gunther’s embrace.

“It has been a long time. I know you remember my son, but what about my daughter Johanna?” Gunther asked guiding Jutarian to where Wilhelm and Johanna were standing.

"How could I forget such a beautiful face?” Jutarian said as he kissed Johanna’s hand.

“Thank you, heer.” Johanna blushed.

“Please, do not use such formalities with me. We are practically family.” Jutarian said.

“Yes, ever since my grandfather helped his family slaughter a city we have been friends.” Gunther butted in.

Jutarian turned to Wilhelm and smiled. Wilhelm nodded and a faint smile appeared on his face.

“Just hug me you bastard.” Wilhelm commanded.

Jutarian happily obliged and they walked off reminiscing of their days when Jutarian was raised under Gunther’s tutelage. Wilhelm had become a sort of big brother to Jutarian and they were best friends. In fact Gunther had never seen better friends. While he was friends with Asharian in his youth, the age difference was much greater and their relationship never developed as much as Jutarian’s and Wilhelm’s.

“My Lord, it is time to go.” Leopold said to Gunther.

“Ah, did you not hear Jutarian? We are practically family.” Gunther joked as he climbed into his carriage.
Gunther walked up to Assembly in the Golden City. He saw Asharian standing outside the door.

“Ah, Asharian, are you ready to reform this corrupted political entity?” Gunther asked Asharian.

“Of course my friend.” Asharian said as he continued to wait for whatever he needed.

“Yes, well I will see you inside.” Gunther replied and walked into the door.

They made Gunther put his longsword into the weapons storage and they made Leopold give them his zweihänder.

“Keep that safe. It is the ancestral blade of the von Stockholms.” Leopold growled at the Southerner.

Gunther then entered the spectacular hall and sat in his designated seat. All around him were Southerners, Elves, Dwarves, Hroniden, Nords, and even a few Orcs and Saxo-Deutsch. This will be one chaotic parliament for sure. Gunther thought to himself.

Last edited:
Kogansunan is the south-west most of the seven Mountainhomes. Unlike the other great peaks, the mountain of the same name is not permanently crowned with ice, though snow sometimes falls even on summer nights. Its location puts it near the frontier between Highathar and Hroniden. This has put it on the front lines of many waves of invasions, as armies of orcs, men, and worse marched through the mountain pass. Partly because of this, it has always been the least populous of the Mountainhomes, more a fortress than a city-state.

The Father Sankis built Kogansunan, and his house ruled it for most of its history. Known for unfailing bravery and wild aggression, House Sankis produced many great warriors. While the Sankis lords built a formidable fortress, they rarely defended it, preferring to meet their enemy's head-on in the field. More Sankis Lords died in battle than in old age. Infighting in the royal house led to many sons and brothers leaving to found realms of their own in colonies across the Empire. Many of these colonies prospered, and today several are much larger and wealthier than Kogansunan. These colonies, plus a steady flow of craftsmen seeking better oportunities in human cities, meant a steep decline in population, from nearly 200,000 dwarves at its peak to a present population closer to 40,000. Accordingly much of the fortress was abandoned, and much of its elaborate defenses allowed to fall into disrepair.

The last Sankis, Sankis Fireaxe, was crushed in open battle against Imperial forces. He survived and attempted to hold the citadel in a hopeless act of defiance. He was killed in a coup led by his son-in-law and adviser Deagrin Frosteye, whose descendants have held it since. The Sankis sigil, a flaming elephant, is still carved into the gates and towers, but the banner that flies now is the simple 'D' rune of House Deagrin.

More subtle than the Sankis rulers, the Deagrins have sought to exploit Kogansunan's position and cultivate it as a trading center for caravans crossing the mountains. In the past century a modest town of humans (mainly Hrondians) has blossomed on the mountain's lower slopes.

At present, three portions of the Fortress are in use regularly. The lower and outer reaches of the fortress itself house the massive Bazaar Under the Mountain. This vast space is the district nearest the great gates, where merchants are encouraged to set up stalls. Artisans from within the mountain sell their wares here. Aside from arms and armor of the usual high Dwarven quality, jewelry, sculpture, toys and musical instruments can be had, though it may take days of haggling to reach a reasonable price. The massive weight of the mountain is supported by tremendous columns that reach up to a vaulted ceiling, engraved with silver and gems. In times of war or dire storms, the population of the town can take refuge in this space. Lodgings for honored guests are carved into the inner wall of the Bazaar.

The Bazaar ends with the steep ascent up to the Hall of Greeting. It is an elegant reception area, carved with the images and deeds of great Dwarves who dwelled within Kogansunan. The High Seat of the Master is where formal meetings are conducted. In its prime, this was as far as outsiders were permitted to come into Kogansunan.

As is typical of a dwarven fortress, the area inside the Master's gate on the far end of this hall is a complex series of tunnels, abounding with traps for the unwelcome, heavy stone doors, and narrow chokepoints. Most of the major passageways are overlooked by watch posts where sentries could fire crossbows and siege weapons or activate traps of various kinds. This first layer of rooms contains most of the storage for trade goods, warehouses once filled with harps, puppets, and boxes of cut and uncut gems. This is also where imported goods (principally bulk foods, exotic forms of alcohol, and textiles) are stored before being carried by porters to their eventual users. Only a fraction of this area is still in use, and most of the traps and guard posts have fallen out of repair.

This warehouse district is separated from the common district by a retractable bridge and the Porter's Gate. The area directly inside the gate is home to the guard barracks. Though less populated than it once was, the common district retains much of its life and bustle. Extended families of artisans still live in the multi-story complexes of homes and workshops that line the broad passages. Bright dwarrow-lamps shine on courtyards filled with statues of illustrious ancestors. Much of the underground gardens have been abandoned, but enough is still cultivated to fill the granaries. In recent times above-ground gardens and orchards have been planted on terraces on the mountain slope, accessible only from the inside. The great cistern carved into the mountain's heart still feeds pools and fountains.

A pair of narrow staircases ascend to the Citadel gate. The fortifications carved into the living rock could house dozens of ballistae and a thousand crossbows with ease, though at present it is manned only by a skeleton crew of guards. Through the gate lies the Citadel. The home of the Master's household, barracks for his sworn shields, and the other high nobility, most of the mansions and gardens have now been abandoned. Unusually for a dwarven settlement, nearly half of the Citadel is constructed above ground. The High Tower commands commanding views of the approaches to the mountain for a vast distance. Massive horns built into the living rock can sound the alarm if any foe is spotted approaching the High Road through the mountains. Under House Deagrin, one of the finest libraries in the dwarven world has been assembled here, and elegant gardens have been planted both inside and out. But beneath the finery, the Citadel remains a powerful fortification. Unapproachable by foot by any path except through the many layered defenses of Kogansunan, a handful of dwarves can hold out in the citadel for years, and even in its current state of neglect it will extract a heavy price in blood from any foe.

Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Screenshots-400x400.jpg

The Citadel of Kogansunan

Last edited:
Seventh Day of Sun's Shadow, 1000 of the Age of Empire. First Session of The Assembly of Lords

Mathlion, the High Steward of the Golden City sat upon the seat of the Speaker. His face was stern and resolute but his eyes could not hide the hopes in his heart at having the Assembly open once more.

"Hear me Lords of Light, I herby call the first session of the Assembly to order!

"The Treaty of Burnt Bridge is now in effect. All of you are sovereign lords of your lands, may your reigns be blessed in light.

"First order of business is the humanitarian work needed desperately to alleviate the hardships the war has visited upon the people of the land. Five chests, from each lord shall see orphans fed, crops re-sowed, and buildings rebuilt across the realm. No province shall be favoured, and only the needy shall be aided. My lords I ask all of you to debate the merits of this action and decide on your own what to donate.

"In the spirit of turning from the dark path first walked upon by Emperor Argus III three hundred years ago, I also call to discussion the merits of the slave trade within the Golden City, and put forth a motion to have it outlawed. Know that the Golden City will never again enforce it's will on the provinces, but hopefully leading by example will inspire other realms to outlaw slavery as well."

"I, Mathlion, High Steward of the Golden City open the floor to the Lords."

ArchMage Qylan rose from his seat of high honor, his golden eyes flickering over the sea of lords.

"I say you do not go far enough, my esteemed Steward. I move that slavery be outlawed across the realm!"

Mathlion gasped. "Lord Qylan, the treaty of Burnt Bridge..."

Qylans golden eyes fell on the Steward. "Am I not your brother in all things, save blood? Did we not open the gates to the rebellion and end the madness of the Emperor? When I took this office, did I not forsake the name of my family and put the well being of all of Agorath above all else, even mine own house! Well I say that the abolishment of slaver is for the good of all of Agorath!

The Elven ArchMage turned back to the lords. "I move to make slavery illegal across the realm and immediate release of all slaves! Furthermore, willing rulers should assemble in army to free slaves by force in all provinces whom fail to comply. It is the will of the Light!"

The High Steward has appealed to the rulers for donations of 5 chests each to aid in relief efforts following the rebellion. Also up for debate is the banishment of slavery within the golden city.
The ArchMage has called for the practice of slavery to be outlawed across the realm, and threatened war on all who do not comply.

Last edited:
((some things to note before you get under way. You are a ruler of a province! Whatever you do or your people do within your own demesne is up to you! You have absolute freedom in your borders. However, any interactions you do outside of those borders will be moderated by me. This includes any interaction with other players' characters. You are free to make your own way in this world and do whatever you like - just be aware that your actions will have consequences.

As far as diplomatic missions, your imagination is your limit. Go nuts, have festivles, hunts, whatever you like - but all diplomatic missions will cost 5 gold chests.
Have a quest in mind? Propose it to the Assembly and other champions may join you! Just don't spam a session with quests - propose a quest, than let another player have a turn for the next session and so on. Quests will cost 10 gold to participate in.

Fortifications will remain at 0 for the time being until I update the first posts. Don't worry, I plan on having that done soon and than you can invest in your own provinces defense.

You have the freedom to rule! Will you unite the people through a diplomacy, war, or cunning? It is up to you. Remember, this isn't my game, it is OUR game, and it is up to us to shape it as we go. So have fun, win a crown and good luck!))

Gunther stands up and addresses the Archmage.

As much as I agree with you, I would like some clarification. Surely you also do not propose the abolition of the most holy tradition of serfdom. Many people outside of Saxo-Deutsch lands do not understand the fundamental differences of these practices.

Krestarii stood up and also adressed the Arch Mage
I object to your motion to abolish slavery. It is an intergule part of many economies in Agorath. Further more, you are pushing for war against those who do not comply. Are you willing to push us into civil war again so soon?

Emirate of Miṣr

The Emirate of Miṣr is centered around the Great River Amenra. It is one of the most densely populated regions in the Empire after the Golden City as well as the main grain-producing region of the Empire. It is located in the province of Hroniden.

History

The Emirate of Miṣr (originally a Sultanate) was founded by Ayyub ibn Mutikabir during the Age of Heroes. Since then it has flourished until in the year 990 when Saladin's father revolted against the Emperor. He was soundly defeated and the Imperial Forces went on a killing spree. The population of the Emirate which had once been nearly 500,000 was reduced to a mear 100,000. Since that day the people of Miṣr have wanted vengeance.

When Saladin marched on the Golden City during the Great Revolt many believed vengeance was at hand. Yet when the High Steward and the Archmage surrendered the Golden City the entire Emirate felt cheated. Many still await the day when the Golden City's streets run red with the blood of it's people just as Mutikabir's did only 10 years ago.

Geography

The Emirate of Misk is located in the south-east of Hroniden with the capital of Mutikabir is located at natural harbor located at the point where the river meets the sea. The Emirate is located in the flood plain of the Great River of Amenra. The Emirate also includes the Oasis town of Kerphut which is a center of trade for the Desert tribes that populate the majority of Hroniden.

Economy

The economy of the Emirate relies on the river Amenra which allows the cultivation of massive amounts of grain along the river banks and the transport of goods up and down the river. While the Emirate is quite rich little of this money trickles back to the Emir as the taxes in the Emirate are extremely low.

Agriculture:

Agriculture in the Emirate of Miṣr consists almost entirely of the cultivation of grain. The grain which is produced throughout the Emirate is then shipped down the Amenra to Mutikabir where it is either used or shipped to other parts of the Empire, usually the Golden City.

Industry:

Industry in the Emirate of Miṣr is almost entirely concentrated in the city of Mutikabir which is a major producer of textiles as well as the city with one of the largest concentrations of bakeries in the Empire.

Services:

Services in the Emirate of Miṣr consist almost entirely of transport along the river and sea transport from Mutikabir as well as the Grand Bazaar of Mutikabir and the smaller Bazaar of Kerphut.

Demographics

Once the second most populous area in the Empire the Emirate of Miṣr is the home of 100,000 people, down from he glory days when Mutikabir was the second largest city in the Empire. The population is however growing at a very rapid pace due to the agricultural production of the area as well as it's prosperity.

Military

The Military of the Emirate of Miṣr is a very disciplined and well-trained force however it is also very, very, expensive. The most important law in Miṣr is that no man may be forced to fight for the Emir under any circumstance, this means that the Emirs must pay his men very high wages to attract men to the military and away from other safer trades. The Army of the Emirate consist of 5 regiments 1,000 strong including the Emirs Guards, the Ghulams.

Culture

The people of Miṣr are very different from those of the rest of the Empire, they follow a different religion to the majority of the Empire and there customs are very different to the others of the Empire. For this reason the Emirate has no allies in the Empire and is disliked by most other people.

Deagrin Burntbeard rises to speak:

"My fellow lords, I approve entirely of this proposed treaty. The Empire we knew is dead, and we must all make our way. Still we must all work together.

As we all return to our own fiefs and vassals, the fact remains that someone must preside over the former Imperial holdings. I propose that the city itself be formally entrusted to the care of the High Steward and Archmage. Although without an Emperor to nominate successors, I suggest that some sort of new method of picking successors be devised.

I propose that all property confiscated by the late Emperor be returned to its rightful heir according to the relevant laws as they stood prior to the reign of Essos II. The property of the Imperial Family outside the city should be sold to raise funds to rebuild the city. I've seen with my own eyes a level of neglect in the standards of hygiene and sanitation in this city that ought not be tolerated by any civilized people, and of course the walls and city defenses have suffered horribly in the recent war. Really, the state of neglect in this city is the most damning evidence of the late Emperor's unfitness for his position.

[edit: I write too slow!]

I have no objection to the collection of alms for the suffering of those caught in the woes of war. I would add only that it be officially acknowledged to be a voluntary contribution, and not a tax or tithe, and thus not something that could be cited as precedent for future taxation and levies. I'd also stipulate that the monies be entrusted to a council of reliable nobles, to have at least one member from each race and from each region of the land. This should reduce the appearance of favoritism for any given region or people.

As to the issue of slavery, it seems a poor time to insist on a decision upon its fate in the entire realm. We have only just emerged from a civil war, and this issue has the potential to start another. And further, it smacks of the very sort of imposition of control from the Golden City that we have been assured against. I cannot support any such measure, at least at present. I will say that slave-taking will not be permitted in my own lands, though I will not interfere with any lawfully obtained property of others."

Last edited:
Gunther stands up and addresses the Archmage.

As much as I agree with you, I would like some clarification. Surely you also do not propose the abolition of the most holy tradition of serfdom. Many people outside of Saxo-Deutsch lands do not understand the fundamental differences of these practices.

"To till the earth, sweat and toil for the advancement of the Light, and one's home, is a blessed thing. I would never deny a man the glory of his burden to advance the light, what I would deny is an armed thug take this man away by force, far from his home soil, and be made to till the earth of a foreign land. This, my dear Lord Gunther, I would deny."

ArchMage Qylan's eyes fell upon Lord Krestarii, he needn't of said nothing. The hard flickering of his golden eyes said it all. "To free my brothers and sisters from the yolk of slavery, I would go to war, My Lord."

Last edited:
Armas stands up and addresses both the Archmage and the Steward.

I fully support the notion that we must abolish slavery, particularly slavery of the elven people who are cut off from the light as a result. I must say however, that I will not be the one to push this new confederacy into civil war. If this proposal can gain a majority of support in the assembly my armies shall be among those seeking freedom.

The war has brought suffering to these lands and I would like to see that suffering alleviated. Additionally I would like to pay an additional five chest to make up the balance of the first two members who do not support this effort ((I will pay up to 15 chests if two members do not pay any)). We have all played a part in the hardships that the common people now face and we must all do our part to end them.

Also, I would certainly support the banning of slavery in the Golden City, if nation wide abolition cannot be secured. As this city stands now it is a nest of corruption and abuse. I can barely feel even the slightest hint of the Light in the city, and I think that ending slavery could help return the city to the Light.

Armas takes this time to address von Saxon as well

I think that there is a difference between slavery and serfdom and that must be respected. With slavery, people are violently ripped from their homes and lives and forced to work. Serfdom relies on an ancient contract between the people and their masters. While we do not support it in Coamenel, I understand it.