• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A Statement issued-
In order to explain what I have done, I feel I must tell all of Agorath. Our nation is rocked by devastation, war, and invasion. A dark force hangs over us. I felt we could not stand against this while being so divided. I joined with several other lords, who I believed held the same goal, and set out to unify this broken Empire. We gave the High Steward a chance to hand over his city, which he refused. We were then forced to attack it. In hind sight some of our actions may be wrong, but this is why I attacked the Golden City.
To Therian Eylinn, I feel I must warn you about those you fight with. Ra'Gru is an orc of no honor. He seduced, and impregnated my daughter, in order to bring same to my family, which we had no quarrel. When I confronted him, he had the audacity to claim that he loved her. Furthermore, I fell pray to his lies, and trusted him once more. I even thought him a man of honor, and invited him to help me unify Agorath. He decided to instead betray me. I must warn you that this could happen to you, as I hear he only cares about for himself, and has no loyalty.
In regards to the ArchMage, he is just as bad as a man as I am. He claims that he wants to end slavery of his people. Yet he is willing to start wars and kill thousands for this goal. He is a hypocrite, and a fool. I encourage you to remember this.
Finally, to show you, and all of Agorath that I am not a horrible person, I hereby call an end to slavery in Azeratii and all lands I own. I also warn the slavers that might oppose me, don't, I can still destroy you.
-Signed, Asharian, of the House Krestarii, Duke of Southern Eccelestus, Lord of Azeratii, and Lord of Light

Last edited:
A Message to the Lords of Light
From His Holiness
ArchMage Qylan the Houseless
Keeper of the Light

14th day of Serpentine, 1001 Age of the Empire

Lords of the majestic peaks of Highathar, Rulers of the desert sea of Hroniden, Leaders of the tranquil forests of Galadriel, Keepers of the tundra and mountains of Norseland, Protectors of Ecclestius and her fields, Lords of the Golden City, I call upon you all.

The Prophecy of the Maegi has been fulfilled. The Empire has fallen. Civil war has spread across the land and consumed the blood of Elves, Dwarves and Men. Beasts of the land have been stricken with madness. The Necromancer of Highathar, now known to have been the Vampire Lord had raised an army of undead to assault us. Magic is returning to the land. The Dark One has risen.

I have under my care, the Champion Adelbert Von Knapsen, Swornsword to House Celestian of Three Rivers. The man is gravely wounded but carries with him vital information that needs to be made privy too all the lords of the land. The lost Lord of Huaindren has been found and captured by Knapsen and is tainted by the Scourge, but is not beyond being cured. Besides Knapsen and Master Zephfer, only one other member of the scouting force returned, and died shorty after from his wounds.

The time of hostilities must end. I beg the armies of Krestarii, Rostani, and Ayyubid allow an Assembly of Lords to take place to discuss a lasting peace so all may unite against this threat.

I have failed you all. I have failed Agorath. I strove to accomplish what I believed to be right, blindly following the steps laid before me by prophecy. I swear to you all now, that I will do everything in my power bring all together under the Creator. Let it be known, that I am prepared to strike the banners of my army, lift the occupation of Misr, Step down as ArchMage of Agorath, if it will only bring peace to us all.

The time of civil war is over, the time for a united resistance against the doom before us is now.

~ ArchMage Qylan, Keeper of the Light​

Qylan Proposes a peace summit be held at the Assembly of Lords
All Lords must announce whether they will attend, or which vassal will take their place.

To the Lords of Light
From the High Steward of the Golden City
Mathlion of Hwicce

Lords of Agorath, let the offenses of the past remain there. Let all be forgiven and let us all stand united. The banners of peace shall fly over the Golden City and the Assembly of Lords shall open once again.

All Lords of Light, come to forge an everlasting peace in face of the threat of the west. Lords of Misr, Herasnia and Azeratii, let the banners of peace fly over you armies and be greeted as friends of the Golden City once more!

~High Steward Mathlion of Hwicce​

Mathlion of Hwicce shall attend the Assembly

Last edited:
I Javert kalare son of Kvothe Kalare will be assisting the peace conference in his instead

Emir Asad shall go to the peace summit. He hopes that negotiations will go well for both wars.

Ruler Name: Matthew Wolfe
Ruler Trait: Great Diplomat
Race: Human Count
Heir: James Wolfe
Daughter: Clara Wolfe

Vassals:
James Ingetsby: A trader by birth, a warrior by choice, James was chosen by Matthew as he was besides being a skilled Warrior, a wealthy merchant with a lot of influence in Matthew’s domestic matters in the province of Wolfen.

Karen Burnside: Taught by her father light magics, she has become very proficient in light magics, and has succeeded her father's place as a vassal of Matthew Wolfe.

Taken by vampirism in the battles for the light basin, ordered to be executed to prevent turning to the dark.

William Burnside: An ardent believer of the Light, William Burnside made his home in Wolfen and gathered an immense amount of influence, especially with him being a vassal of Matthew Wolfe. William is usually Matthew’s ambassador to other kingdoms or rulers when Matthew is not available for travel.

Slain in the chaos of the assembly in the Golden City, always being a true believer of the light.

Champion: James Wolfe

Bio: The Wolfe’s have been ruling the crossroads of Wolfen since the Age of the Empire, and the province is appropriately named Wolfen by the affectionate populace, who was lead into prosperity by the Wolfe’s since the beginning of their rule.

The Wolfe’s are descendant of the hero Richard Wolfe, although this fact was not known by many people till the Age of Heroes. The Wolfe’s as well as the people that the Wolfe’s rule over are ardent believers of the light, much like Matthew Wolfe.

Wolfen’s capital is the city of Wolf’s Den. Appropriately named, many schemes are hatched in the Wolf’s Den, and the “Den” or home of the Wolfe’s is located here. It is said that Richard Wolfe died in Wolf’s Den, and a festival during Light’s End commemorates the fact to brighten up the populace in this month. Wolf's Den is generally regarded as the crossroads that links the southern peninsula with many other provinces to the north.

pkoj.png

The location of Wolfen​

Slavery in Wolfen has in recorded history, never existed. Any man or woman or child that entered the boundaries of Wolfen was immediately declared a free person, and many nobles of today are descendants of freed slaves. Richard Wolfe himself detested the concept of slavery, and desired that in the light, every person shall have the capability to decide his or her own fate, him or herself.

Last edited:
A messenger arrived in the Wolfe's Palace in Wolf's Den about the upcoming peace conference that may be held in Golden City

"A peace conference huh?" said Matthew

"Yes me lord" replied the messenger

"Return to your master and send word that I will send someone to provide my opinion in the conference"

And with that, the messenger quickly resumed travelling

"William!" called Matthew

"Yes?" asked William, dazed as he was paying attention at some court ladies

"By the light! Stop looking at them and focus at me" Matthew yelled as William was still staring at the ladies

"Y-y-y-yes?"

"There's a peace conference in the Golden City that might just end the madness in Agorath- for now; I want you to attend in my stead, I have matters that I must take care of here"

"Aye sir. I'll send for a horse and be on my way soon enough"

"Be careful though Will, the siege might not be lifted yet"

"Don't worry about me sir! I've survived many adventures, not as difficult as this"

Count Matthew Wolfe sends his vassal, William Burnside as his representative to the conference

Soon after some drinks of water, Matthew sent for the governor of Wolfen and informed him of his plan for this month. The plan was to seclude a part of the forests in Wolfen, which abounded in ferocious wolves, and create a sort of zoo to attract visitors from far away lands to see that the name Wolfen was a well earned local name, besides being named after it's ruler. The visitors of course are to be led by expert hunters, who are to serve as guards and guides.

((I do hope I can send actions like above already :x))

Chronicles of Agorath Families
The Kalare Family Part I

The proud and old Kalare families have control Kalare city for centuries. Currently, five different branches of the family exist. This document will cover only a short description of each of the members of the family.

Husband and Wife

Kvothe Kalare:

Current head of the family. He is known a fierce warrior and strategist. Many consider him one of the staunchest defender of slavery and slave trade. He has many of the looks that one would expect on the nords with some differences: he is quite tall (around 190 cm), broad and with many muscles even at his age, and in difference of many nords his hair is not Bright blonde and instead is more of a dirty blond (attributed to his mother).

Snovit:

Surprisingly Kvothe broke the tradition of the Kalare family to marry a traditional nord woman (capable of fighting, having muscles, blond, etc) (tradition cultivated to maintain a pure nord look) to marry her*

Snovit is very different from what you would expect from a nord girl from her physical look to her behavior. Many compare her to the imperial woman’s in her preference for other activities instead of fighting and physical exercise.

It is said that she posses a profound love for her children and husband and that not such love can be find anywhere else in the continent. In fact she has been very involved in raising her children with the help of a loyal army of nannies (much different from the normal nord tradition of self-raising and to be involved in the child formation only in some critical points).

Her complexion is simple described as akin to those beautiful porcelain dolls. In fact many when observing her for the first time, many have though she is a human-size doll before being corrected in their mistake. (This includes the author of this document).

-the name Snovit (Snow white) was given to her thanks to the extremely white skin color she possess. This skin color cannot be compare to the ones possessed by the people form the pale, as her is more like smooth, extremely polish porcelain or snow than paleness per se. (personal note from the author: In all my travels and documentation I have never sees such skin color that in her).

-Her hair is surprisingly pitch black as the ones possessed by the most pure of desert people (still not many this black) completely straight and long as hair can be possible maintain, reaching her knees when standing up.

-Her eyes are of a beautiful blue color that in fact is more similar to cyan, like the clear sky in a beautiful spring day. When eye to eye contact is establish one will find it is impossible to look away from them, and for that small period of time, peace will be reached, nothing mattering in the world but those eyes.

--her face …I can only compare it as taken from a extremely beautiful doll, a small perfect nose, no imperfections on it or any difference between the two sides of the face , and a small smile, that fit perfectly with the rest of her face.

-As said before her overall shape is similar to a doll, with a small waist (quite remarkable she was able to have so many children) and a stature of 160-165 cm, no fat or muscle visible, one can simple wonder how such a person exist.

*Note: no one is sure where he found her or how did he manage to make her love him; much less how did he convince his father to allow him to marry her. Many of the rumors suggest he was so madly in love with her that he forced his father to accept it. A works on what exactly happened is being done by one of my collages to be soon released.

Last edited:
The Wolfen Army
The Wolfen Army is composed primarily of Infantry and Cavalry, with a small contingent of crossbowmen that serve as skirmishers for the Army. The Infantry is not heavily armored but most of the infantrymen have at least have a full set of chainmail armor and armed with either a sword and shield or a broadsword. The armor and weapons are crafted by the blacksmiths around the country who gather in Wolf's Den whenever the army requires anything to be created.

images

A chainmail vest worn by Wolfen Infantry​

The tactics employed by the Wolfen Infantry usually involve compact and mobile squares; The squares are formed by companies of 100 men who are further organized into battalions of 500 men or 5 companies. The battalions are commanded by a commander usually appointed by the general commanding the army. When charging, the squares are broken and the companies form into a column, in which the shock of a charge will be concentrated on a single spot of the enemy line.

The infantry is recruited from many places throughout Wolfen. The nobles usually are given commission after their mandatory training (if they choose to join the army) as a commander of a company or in special cases the command of a battalion. The rank and file of the infantry is recruited from anywhere from the coast up to the borders of Wolfen.

Besides the infantry, a large part of the Wolfen Army is composed of Wolf-riders, recruited among the woodsmen and hunters of Wolfen who perhaps have experience in dealing with wolves are given training in riding them. These riders are armed with a large axe and a side arm of their choice, which is usually a sword but daggers have been increasing in popularity among the wolf-riders recently.

pvpdirewolf.jpg

War Wolves, taken from the forest and bred at the royal stables in Wolf's Den​

The wolf-riders in the army have many tasks assigned to them as they are the most mobile arm of the army. During the campaign, the wolf-riders are tasked with scouting ahead of the army as well as screening the army when the army moves. In battle, the wolf-riders are interspersed between the infantry squares and usually are on the flank, ready to charge at any moment. The wolf-riders interspersed between the infantry squares are tasked with providing support to the squares and are usually under the command of a company commander.

The wolf-riders are a famous and prestigious of the army, and are the preferred branch of the army by the Wolfe's as well as the nobles. Matthew Wolfe himself rides a wolf he tamed himself, and it is heard that James Wolfe has been training with the wolf as well. Legend also has it that Richard Wolfe rid a wolf into battle all the time.

osehnc03801.JPG

A crossbowmen of the Wolfen Army​

Finally, the skirmishers of the army, the crossbowmen. Not many people sign up to be a crossbowmen, but the hunters who do are very skilled in their task, and are well armed by Wolfen blacksmiths and leather tanners. The hunters become excellent skirmishers, after observing how a wolf hunts its prey, they adapt it's methods into the battlefield.

The crossbowmen use as shown by the name, a crossbow, and if need be in melee combat, a sword. The crossbow is crafted using fine Wolfen wood from the forests in Wolfen. The crossbowmen is usually provided with a set of leather armor, and a steel helmet for protection.

In battle, the crossbowmen advance in front of the infantry squares and aim to harass the enemy infantry and if need be provide small counter fire to enemy skirmishers. In campaign, the crossbowmen serve to provide a screen behind the cavalry and in front of the infantry and usually serve to create a picket line around camp. Crossbowmen are a valuable asset to Wolfen commanders due to their rather low numbers in the army.

The army in general, is trained to operate as one man, with compact formations being used to pierce enemy lines as well as defend against charges. Loose formations are employed by the cavalry and crossbowmen to probe the enemy line and when scouting. The army is a vital component of Wolfen Survival and is a popular career by many aspiring young men in Wolfen.

(( Can I have several Arl's under me? I would like to start painting up my realm and assign different parts of it to different Arl's. Some IC's on my arls might also come up. Thinking that they don't really provide anything game-wise, just want like 4 Arl's in total(counting myself holding the Arl title + my Jarl title) that are distributed over The Pale ))

The Pale will be sending the Arl of The Frost Isles to the peace meetings.

A Statement issued-
A letter was sent privately to Asharian of house Krestarii, and one to be opened to the public. The ambassador was sent before the assembly even opened, to make a response from Green Chasm to all receptive Lords who would agree to hear Eylinn's word on the matter.

"Dear Asharian,

It is with feelings of mixed joy I send this letter. I have heard of your statement and it filled my heart to the brim. To finally see the first emancipator be a man who so greatly profited from the trade of Life, makes me believe in a future of good. A future worth living. There are no words to describe the humility I feel towards your actions, or the gratitude of my people. It is as if a great weight has been lifted from me, and the cheers of my men in Hroniden as they also learnt the news, led to wild celebration. From their own pockets, the Elven army shared half their rations, and asked for it to be presented to the people of Herasnia, an important gesture of respect in our culture. In only two days I will turn seventeen, and the peace I feel from your gracious gift to all sentient beings this day will surmount any gift I could ever hope of receiving myself.

But I must also burden myself with politics. We are at war, when my every wish is that we weren't. Even though this is an act which will prove a step towards reconciliation, my life has shown me little reason to trust Humans, while Orcs have. If he indeed loved your daughter, why must protocol stand in the way for his feelings to be proven true? Should he not be allowed to show it through action instead? We all feared a Human emperor, or even a Human to force peace and unity for us by the sword, and for us Elves, the last empire brought us nothing but suffering. When I heard of your plans, I could no longer see myself as having a choice.
With every fibre of my body, I beg of you, let us return to talks! Let our words be as poisonous as needed be, but let not the people who have already died, be joined by more of the living. Let us have peace, here and now, without delay, for what good will this do to us than twist us further from the Light?

As for the Archmage, I believe his heart to be pure. While it saddened me he apologize for standing firm in what he believed in, and that I cannot attend this assembly to once again see him speak before it, I would follow his wisdom and council to the end of my life. We cannot set value on saving even one life from being unfree, set free either by crushing the chains, or just unlock their seal.

I do solemnly hope more Men will follow your example.​

Sincerely,
Therain Eylinn Mindrilla of Green Chasm"

Last edited:
Yarpen syn Światowida will not attend any peace conference nor any of his vassals.
Nords keep invading Galadriel an nothing other than them retrieving land to elves will do. Trying to find compromise is acknowledging right for them to attack and plunder Galadriel without any penalties.

Mahakam clan established a communication line with Kalare family after they admitted that attacking Galadriel was a mistake and they regret it. Yarpen wishes to discuss it further.

Yarpen syn Światowida invites Kvothe Kalare to peace talks in Xintrae, the capital of Mahakam.

(( Can I have several Arl's under me? I would like to start painting up my realm and assign different parts of it to different Arl's. Some IC's on my arls might also come up. Thinking that they don't really provide anything game-wise, just want like 4 Arl's in total(counting myself holding the Arl title + my Jarl title) that are distributed over The Pale ))

The Pale will be sending the Arl of The Frost Isles to the peace meetings.

((Go for it Groogy - same with all of you. feel free to write some ICs on your vassals sworn to you and give us a description of your realm))

Eternal glory to Ragnar Ragnaron, the Black Captain of Stronghelm! The spirits in Valhalla are now prasing him - as much as I do. At least we have managed to liberate our ancient holdings - and to defend ourselves from the vile attacks of our enemies. Now I ask our foes to negotiate with us - do they want this bloody war to continue?

I am busy at the moment, but my ambassador will come to the assembly - and will ask for a Jarls crown, that now belongs to me, according to the laws of Agorath.

- Arnulf the Young, Erl of Stronghelm, Lord of Mountainshadow

The Foundation of The Reach

Ivar af Blót were walking along the docks. Had just reached what will become his capital holding, The Reach. Ivar wasn't strong built, he would be considered skinny for the Nords. His hair was blond but cut short and he was walking with a heavy dire wolf pelt cloak to keep him warm. Even for a pale one the Isles were as cold as the whisper of death. With his armed guards by his sides, the icy wind cutting in his cheeks he met what would be his new Steward.

- "Where is Arl Ivar? I was expecting the lord of this castle!" the man in gray robes were furious. "The Jarl promised we were receiving the Arl!"
- "SHUT YOUR TOUNG!" One of the Thanes yelled at him "Your standing before your liege."
- "Him? But he's but a boy!" It was true, Ivar had only seen about 20 winters "He can never lead a whole populace of housecarls!"

The men around him was very willing to cut out the tongue of the Steward and show it to him but the young Arl went forward and starred into the Stewards eye with a dead face expression.

- "I have killed more... things... than all of the men on this island combined." His eyes told of the horrors he had seen, he inspected the steward with distaste and does a gesture towards him. "I plunge myself into the hands of death and this is my reward."

The young Arl pushed the Steward aside and headed towards the unfinished castle. He knew this place would give him many trials, most from his fellow men. The housecarls value strength above all, but the form of it did not matter. His undying determination was his, the brethren in his battles had seen it and dared not to stand in his way. His eyes were fixed, his goal was set, he will succeed.

- "I will serve The Pale" he whispered for himself.

Shortly behind him came his guards and his Thanes. They headed to the provisional tents that served as their housing while founding this new great fortress of the north. While everybody was getting ready to sleep he was out by the cliffs looking out into the icy sea.

- "When The Pale Falls... You shall make sure we never do." He reminisced the Jarls words before being appointed Arl of this place. His purpose was to be the last bastion of the north, the last refuge for the pale ones. His father sneaked up behind him. He didn't say anything, he didn't have to, his father's proud look was all he needed. It felt like they stood there forever.

The Realm of The Pale
attachment.php

The Pale Realm.png

Last edited: