• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

red_soxfan16

Recruit
9 Badges
Jan 15, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
I am currently playing a game as russia and quickly after I converted to Orthodox the Abbasids invaded Greece and took it.
What remained of the Byzantine Empire was invaded by an Avar host which remained pagan for a long time. I have never seen it happen but it seems like this combination of events ended the Ecumenical Patriarchate. I then made it my goal as russia to
restore the the Orthodox faith to the byzantine lands After about 150 years of grinding I managed to take all the old byzantine
land except Greece the the Abbasids break apart in civil war I take Constantinople, but there is no Ecumenical Patriarchate. I
have the option to create the Ecumenical Patriarchate, but I every time I try it is game over. Is there a way to create it or am i just out of luck.

Become an Emperor.

Try granting hagia sophia to random dude. It should recreate Patriarchate (Patriarchs autorevoke their seats if held by same religion bishop). If after few days it still doesnt exists, try giving that dude gold until he has about 200+ (so he can create title himself). If its still doesnt work, give him entire county of constantinople (So he has capital province of titular title which is Patriarchate). If it STILL doesnt work, give him two duchies (ruler needs two duchies to create king-level title).
You cant create patriarchate yourself, because that would make you theocracy = unplayable.

Just pick the priest you've given the Bishopric of Constantinople, type "charinfo 1" in the console, hover over his portrait, and his character ID should be there. Open the console and type "give_title k_orthodox <character ID>" and voila, one Ecumenical Patriarch. Problem solved.

Just pick the priest you've given the Bishopric of Constantinople, type "charinfo 1" in the console, hover over his portrait, and his character ID should be there. Open the console and type "give_title k_orthodox <character ID>" and voila, one Ecumenical Patriarch. Problem solved.

This doesn't seem to be working for me :/

There is difference between "hope" and just "will be".

31033289.jpg

In the first case, no it did not. There was in his stead a Union Latin Patriarch in Constantinople.

The second sentence is true, but it doesn't necessarily mean the Ecumenical Patriarchate didn't survive. The incumbent patriarch survived the fall of the city and fled to Thrace and continued to be recognised as patriarch. He declined to join the Laskaroi in Nicaea, on account of old age, supposedly. When he died in 1206, Theodoros I Laskaris appointed a new patriarch. So basically, the patriarchate did survive, just it's seat was in Nicaea instead of Constantinople for 55 years.

The second sentence is true, but it doesn't necessarily mean the Ecumenical Patriarchate didn't survive. The incumbent patriarch survived the fall of the city and fled to Thrace and continued to be recognised as patriarch. He declined to join the Laskaroi in Nicaea, on account of old age, supposedly. When he died in 1206, Theodoros I Laskaris appointed a new patriarch. So basically, the patriarchate did survive, just it's seat was in Nicaea instead of Constantinople for 55 years.

A big difference. I think we're here discussing Constantinople effectively.

its an error that its sill not solved. to uise the cheat give_title k_orthodox works but the EP becomes independent and its not your vassal. Someone know if you can vassalize him again?