CORE Newbie Questions & Comments: Understanding the Research Tree etc

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
For someone new to CORE like me, the navy appears to be the biggest area of difference between CORE and AoD. CORE navy combat is more destructive and there are different leader ship command limits:
Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR="#000000"]
[B]Ship Command Limit		
      Leader	AoD	CORE[/B]
Rear Admiral	06	03
Vice Admiral	12	10
     Admiral	18	25
Grand Admiral	30	35
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Of course, there are other well publicised major differences like events and the technology tree.

the biggest difference are combat mechanics, i would say. stacking penalty favors stronger units, higher strength damage and slower units shift combat from encircling to decisive battle

quick question: why doesn't Germany have Marines 9BN activated? I loaded as the US and their is activated. I understand historically the Germans didn't have Marines like the US did but wouldn't it be foreseeable that they would have trained some troops once they wanted to attempt Seelowe?

If I wanted to activate Marines how would i do so? Is it enough to copy and paste the models from France to the German Model list for example?

quick question: why doesn't Germany have Marines 9BN activated? I loaded as the US and their is activated. I understand historically the Germans didn't have Marines like the US did but wouldn't it be foreseeable that they would have trained some troops once they wanted to attempt Seelowe?

If I wanted to activate Marines how would i do so? Is it enough to copy and paste the models from France to the German Model list for example?

The tech tree needs a little bit getting used to. You have to research the naval tech "´30 Naval Infantry" (and "´30 Marine Unit" if you want to go on) first.

is there a way to unlock techs that are tied to economic development level?
In my last game as Japan I conquered most of the world, had 2,1k IC, all the industry techs, electronics '51, most jet aircrafts, a nuclear reactor lvl 9 but still remained a semi-industrialised country. Now from the description "your country started to industrialize ... but not so advanced in areas like electronics, aircraft ..." i would expect some status upgrade. Is there an event or some other way? I'm asking because my current game is with nat. china :rofl:

is there a way to unlock techs that are tied to economic development level?
In my last game as Japan I conquered most of the world, had 2,1k IC, all the industry techs, electronics '51, most jet aircrafts, a nuclear reactor lvl 9 but still remained a semi-industrialised country. Now from the description "your country started to industrialize ... but not so advanced in areas like electronics, aircraft ..." i would expect some status upgrade. Is there an event or some other way? I'm asking because my current game is with nat. china :rofl:

AFAIK the time frame CORE is played in is too limited. Within 12 years or so it´s not realistic for a country to change from semi industrialized to fully industrialized. As for the event, I don´t know if it´s possible.

Hi,

We debated allowing research of the development Level techs and decided against it. I ws on the fence. If we did allow research it would be a very late game option and would be limited to a single level gain. This would not really impact a SI nation very much. Far more for a PI/AG as it would allow a lot more techs to be researched. As such, it would be a rather large change that would require a lot of coding/testing. Not high on the list at this point even if we did reconsider it.

mm