• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Belgiumruler

Comrade Belgie
95 Badges
Aug 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Darkest Hour
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
NeverFall_zpsce9382ac.jpg

hi, I start a new AAR and this time it is with Astrakhan using the fractured nations/minor mod! It will be narrative from the perspective of Gansükh Bayarmaa, a 17 year old warrior, who dreams of restoring the mongol empire.

House rules:

No cheating
no reloading
Infantry is only allowed te do march to the sound of guns or defend the homeland (for guards the same rule, as well for artillery)
Light Infantry, cavalry and Horse-towed artillery are the only units allowed to invade.

About the mod: it adds more then 50 nations all indepent, fracturing the others, here is a screenshot:
3j7.png

special thanks to gen. marshall for making this marvelous banner.

Diary entry 30 March 1805

Today I finished training, my regiment is the 2nd dragoon Brigade assigned to the Astrakhan Army, our orders are to move towards the border of Dagestan, they are rumors of an invasion of that nation. We already now from Iraq that they will stand with Dagestan in case of war, not that is a problem. We are the last Mongol country in Europe, the remnants of the Golden Horde who once ruled all of Europe,

4 March 1806

Slowly the sound of hooves on the rocky ground becomes louder, a giant dust cloud is on the horizon, when the army is a bit closer, you can see thousands of horses, mounted by fierce warriors. Their banners fly in the wind, the banners of Khan Qasim I of Astrakhan,

Diary entry 5 March 1806

I can barely sleep, I am to exited about the invasion, it's my first operation. Sleeping on a horse isn't so hard, but you are in the cold wind all the time. We didn't encountered any enemies so far, tomorrow we are going to attack small village (I don't know the name anymore), it will be my first combat. My horse Fury of the East is strong enough to save me if I am in trouble, a strong ebony stallion. My weapon is a old gun, but I shoot fairly well with it while riding on a horseback, only reloading is slow.

Village in Dagestan 6 March 1806

“Charge! For the Khan! For glory!”, Oona screamed. Oona is my battalion commander, she is a fierce warrior, and an excellent sharpshooter. We stormed the village, on my right side I saw a peasant who dragged of another rider of his horse and was about to kill him, I aimed, time looks to slow... I fired... the peasant lays dead with a bullet trough his head. One of the ten soldiers in the village was taking the attackers under fire from the roof. I jumped of my horse towards him, grabbed his legs and he fells of the building, resulting in a broken neck. I jumped back on my horse and continued the fight. After one hour the village was burning, I trowed a last torch into a building made of wood and with a roof of straw. “Rest for 6 hours, then we ride towards their capital!”, screamed Oona, A loud 'Hurray!' was heard from the regiment.

Diary entry 24 March 1806

We took the capital of Dagestan and our now on the road to their second city, but man sieging is boring, a full 2 weeks doing nothing!

Village of Liman, 21 September 1806

“Soldiers, we need to attack the Dagestan armies in this area, our regiment would be on the right flank, Gansükh, Boke, Berke and Tegus, you will be our scouting group, Mongke is the leader of your group,”, Oona ordered. 20 minutes later we start riding. We made jokes and laughed, but once we closed in on the enemy lines everybody was nervous and it was over with the jokes. “Something isn't right here, wait”, Mongke said,”Gansükh, follow me”, I followed him, we were only 20 steps further and a rain of bullets was unleashed upon us. “A traghghhhhhhhh”, Mongke tried to say but he was dead already before he could finish his word. A bullet hit me in my right leg, I screamed : ”retreat!”, Tegus his horse was shot, while the others retreated, I returned and grabbed Tegus on my horse. I fired a shot at someone who tried to pull me off my horse. After 20 minutes we where back at camp, I was send to rest and let my wound, which was looking very bad, be healed by the medics. After the battle I was ordered to go to Oona's tent: “That was stupid you did by saving Tegus, but it was very brave, I promote you to head of the scouts, you replace Mongke, who died”, “Thanks, I will not disappoint you”, I said when leaving the tent. Dagestan was defeated in December, and this was the new map of our horde!
1xm7.png

Last edited:
May Gansükh conquer the world!

I like the narrative of this AAR. May I suggest, though, to "decorate" the narrative a bit more? Right now, it's action-tactics-diary-action-tactics-diary... etc... Perhaps a little background story, or a longer diary entry with our main character's feelings, would do the trick.

May Gansükh conquer the world!

I like the narrative of this AAR. May I suggest, though, to "decorate" the narrative a bit more? Right now, it's action-tactics-diary-action-tactics-diary... etc... Perhaps a little background story, or a longer diary entry with our main character's feelings, would do the trick.
good idea's I Will do it!

Diary entry 1 January 1807

According to the doctor he shot wound is almost healed, but it still hurts a lot. White peace was signed with Iraq, an ally of Dagestan. We have been redeployed to Astrakhan, Our army has received 5 more regiments of horsemen. They are rumors already of an invasion of Persia, and when I ask the doctor for it he just says that I can't join any combat operations next month, Not that I am going to listen to him of course. Our regiment received new equipment, I am now armed with a lance, we still have our old guns however.

1 April 1807

While I riding Oona came riding towards me, for several minutes we ride silent with each other, until Oona ask: “How is it with your leg?”. “Good, I don't have any pain anymore”, I answered. “We will be deployed to the Persian border soon, an invasion probably”. “Fine, when do we leave?. “Tomorrow, I need to pick some stuff”, Oona said. “Fine, I too, let's ride back then”. And together we ride back to our Barracks.

Diary entry 27 September 1808

More then a year has passed since my first real meeting with Oona without any other people with us. In still remember that April Morning, it was cold, raining and the ground was muddy. Since then I know I love Oona. But whatever, she forget it already I think. We invaded Persia today, our objective is to take the city if Saqqez, damn more sieging.

26 November 1808, Saqqez

“Go, go, go! Into the breach!”, Oona screamed. We all stormed the breach in the city wall, the artillery has destroyed the wall. I aimed and shot a defender of the wall while I was in full gallop. I took my lance and when I reached the breach I killed a defender who was trying to retreat to the town square, On my left side Oona was encircled by 5 angry Persians armed with spears, I aimed my gun and tried to shoot, but the gun was stuck, I took my lance and trowed him in one of the attackers, after that I jumped of my horse on another attacker. He was on the ground, I said one thing: “Never try to touch Oona, while I killed him with my dagger. “Here, your lance!”, Oona said, while so trow the Lance towards me, “and thanks for saving my life!”. I just smiled.

Diary entry 29 November 1808

After 3 days of fighting, the city is ours. I have a little wound on my head, but nothing worse. Oona visited me, and she told me she was me very thankful for what I did, she is going to speak wih the Army general for a medal for me, she wants that I get the steppe warrior class 3, the 3th highest medal you can get. I don't know what to think about it, maybe Oona didn't forget what happened that April day. War brings people closer, but can also separate them fast.

5 August 1809

In the morning I was called to go to Arak-Boki tent, the General of my army. When I entered the tent I saw Oona and Arak-Boki talking, when they saw me Arak-Boki asks: “Is it true that you saved Oona's live?”. “Yes”, I answered, “But it was my duty”. “He attacked 5 attacker, killed on with his lance, jumped on one with a dagger with the risk of being killed”, Oona said. “Is that true?”, asked Arak-Boki. “Yes”. “Then I have something for you, Oona, give me the Steppe Warrior Class 3.” “But general, I don't deserve it...”. “Just shut up and take this medal”, Oona smiled. Arak-Boki walked toward me, in his hands he holded a small box. “Here”, he said while hanging it around my neck, “Congratulations”.

Diary entry 6 August 1809

I received a medal, I am very honored. The best thing is that Oona wanted that I get it, I know sure that she feels something for me. Persia was defeated, and we annexed it, glory for the Khan!
73uu.png

Last edited:
Really enjoying this new style of writing. It's interesting to see such a different game world as well
I am glad you like it, I will propably update today

27 September 1809, Outskirts of Saqqez

It was morning, Oona was sitting in her tent reading a message from Astrakhan, she was worried. "Call, Gansükh, quick!", she said against her personal guard. I was in the tent 5 minutes later. "Sit down Gansükh, there is worrisome news from Astrakhan", she said. “What then?”, I asked. “Russia invaded us, they have superior numbers, and we are ordered to move north, our army need to do dangerous raids”. “So?”, I asked. “Well... I ask you to be careful, I don't wanna loose you...”. “Fine, what is the situation of numbers?”, I asked. “They outnumber us atleast 20 to 1, so victory is far from certain.”, she answered, “for what are we waiting, we go north!”.

Diary entry 5 November 1809

Our raids have started, the village are been captured, more burned to the ground, killing civilians and other Russian bastards! We just received orders to engage the Russian armies closing in to Astrakhan, very bad news. The change of victory is small, and even smaller is the change of survival, Oona begged me to stay save, but I am not going to do it, if I die, I die in honor and for the Khan!

Diary entry, 20 December

We engaged the Russian armies yesterday, tonight a cavalry raid against the Russian artillery is been planned, because they are pounding us to death! We lost 150 men already, but we outnumber the Russians, who are holding a hill.

21 December, 2 a.m.

“For the Khan!”, Oona screamed while we attacked the Russians, we where armed with lances and torches to light the Russian camp, the poor Russians didn't know what was happening! I charged a Russian in his pants without any weapon, I pushed my lance trough his chest, pulled it and and stormed to the places where the horses where hold, I destroyed the fence and begun driving them away when my eye fells on the munitions room. I trowed y torch in it. “Run!” I screamed to the horses. While galloping away a j-huge blast was heard from behind, followed by a fireball. The Russian camp was burning, the remaining Russians started to flee. The battle officially ended on 27 December, but in fact it was ever sooner. We lost 1228 men, while the Russians 9799 men, it was a Huge victory, and we started to believe that we could win this war!

Diary entry 19 January 1810

We took Saratov, however during the battle Oona was wounded terribly at her shoulder, a Russian soldier has hit her with a sword before I was there. I killed the soldier by trowing my spear into him. The following 2 Hours I was fighting defending Oona, until the Russians retreated and we could evacuate her. She is now unconscious for 2 days already, the doctors don't know if she will survive. I didn't sleep since the battle yet, I am sitting by Oona's bed all day.

20 January 1810

“You are awake! Doctors! Oona is Awake!”, I screamed, “Oona, is everything all right?”. “Yes... What are you doing here?”. “Oona, I need to tell you something, I love you”. “Really? I thought that wasn't the case, You defended me, saved my life twice so how could I not love you?”, Oona whispered. “I don't know...”, And I felt asleep.

Diary entry 2 February 1810

Victory, we won the war. Oona is healing quickly, she promoted me to her personal bodyguard, as well second commander. We took territory from the Russians, but better is, I am now in love with Oona. Here is the map of our new territory:
2rwf.png

Great victories!

I'd have loved to hear something more about how Oona and Gansukh came to love each other, though.
oh, okay. I will post a detailed report in a diary entry next update!

Diary entry 3 February 1810

How I and Oona felt in Love:

It is a difficult story in fact, when I was send on a scouting mission during our war with Dagestan, a friend of me his horse was killed, I returned as the only one and rescued him, I was hit in my leg by doing this. I received promotion from Oona for this deed, and I started to respect her. During that cold April morning in 1807 Oona came riding with me, she asked how it was with my leg, sence then I knew I was loving her. I never said it to here however until she was wounded, I was sitting day and night with here, until she was awake, then I told her it. She was loving me to, because I saved her live twice I think, or at least that was what she told me. This is how I came in love with her.

25 January 1811

We started to move over the border of Armenia, soon we spotted a border unit, and we engaded it. We started to gallop to the unit, I was riding side by side with Oona. Under the loud battlecry “for the Khan!” we charged them. Soon they where routed, leaving 100 men death behind, and many more wounded.

19 February 1811

“Gansükh, you need to go scouting, if you see the enemy, you return, if you are in trouble, then give a signal on this horn, Do it, and don't die Gansükh, be careful”, Oona said. “I will, bye”, I when I kissed here. I gathered 5 men and we start riding, during the ride Bold asked me: “what is that between you and Oona?”. “We are in love Bold, I promised her to return, so follow my orders, otherwise you die to.”, I answered. The rest of the ride was silent. “Wait”, I said while raising my hand, “over there, what is that?”. “It looks strange, but I think it is camouflaged, a camp or something”, Bold said. “We attack it, if we return we might be seen, take the torches and light them, we burn everything, FOR THE KHAN!”. We stormed the position, intimidatingly we saw Armenians coming out of their shelters, armed with sword and bows. “Use that horn!”, Bold Screamed. I didn't hear him, I fired my gun and killed an Armenian in front of me. Later I took my torch and lighted several shelter. I felt I was dragged of my horse and I felt on the ground. I must have been unconscious. I saw Oona sitting on my side, she was angry: “I told you to not do stupid things!”. “What happened, we just charged the camp, but I am fine. Who used that horn?”. “I”, Bold said. “Yes of course, I didn't give you permission”, I said. “Gansükh, He save your live!”, I never let you go, I will always ride with you”, Oona said. The battle was won that day, we lost 3209 men, but the Armenians 14934, leaving their army destroyed, we gained some territory in July, but then we decided to sign peace with only limited gain because the high losses.
7ot3.png