• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bumping this thread.

A new update will come probably this Friday or next Tuesday, I guess.

Bad news, gang.

For some reason, the Word application (specifically Word 2010 Starter) I am writing the update in is unresponsive. I have a backup plan, however, where I am installing patches for earlier editions of Word (I have an Office 2001) to run on .docx documents. This will take time, and I want to write a extremely well-done update for this AAR, so that will consume as much time as I have. Also, I have a super-busy week, which slows things down to a crawl.

So the next update will be pushed to next week.

Take all the time you need, I'm enjoying this so far even is we're having Putin as a Tsar :p. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Take all the time you need, I'm enjoying this so far even is we're having Putin as a Tsar :p. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Thank you for the support.

Sorry for the late update, but here it is. . . .
============================================

Act 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 3: The Empire Expanse Plan

Russia’s industrial output had largely collapsed in the wake of the Crisis of the 90s. Long under a state of malaise, the mismanagement of Soviet apparatchiks had taken its toll on the former communist nation. The situation was made worse by Putin's predecessor Boris Yeltsin, whose "shock therapy" policies of fast-paced market reforms almost led to the economic collapse of Russia. And while President Putin has managed a recovery of sorts for the Russian economy (mostly due to energy exports from Siberia), much needed to be done. So when President Putin met with his economic advisers and with Defense Minister Sergey Ivanov on 3 April, they all agreed on one thing: that regaining Russia's prestige began with expanding the economy and preparing for the eventual war with both the U.S. and China. It was also there that they started a new plan addressing this problem: the Empire Expanse Plan¹.

The plan called for the establishment of new industrial centers spanning across the country. Most were located in the suburbs of major cities, like Moscow and St. Petersburg, but others were built much closer to the city center. Grozny, the capital of Chechnya, was also included in the Plan, its inclusion seen by Putin as a way to rebuild the war-torn capital and stave the rise of extremism and separatism in the North Caucasus.

HoYvMio.png

The list of cities and regions covered under the Empire Expanse Plan. The scale of this is enormous.

The second part of the plan involved expanding the Armed Forces. Even though Russia had a formidable army, it paled in comparison to the U.S. and especially the Chinese military. Plus, it relied on outdated Cold War-era technology. The plan addressed that by calling for the expansion of the military. Recruitment drives began popping up, encouraging Russians to enlist.

BMVJCcP.png

The result was overwhelming. Within 2 years, Russia's economic output more than doubled. The factories were filled with people from some of the poorest regions of Russia and the former Soviet Union, increasing Russia's population. The standard of living among Russians increased, and times were good. In fact, some credit Putin's re-election in 2004 to the successes of the Empire Expanse Plan. And by the time Russia's first crisis in its backyard came at the end of 2004, Russia was more than prepared to intervene in their favor.

Yvq91GM.png

The size of Russia's economic output from 20 March, 2003 (top), and 6 January, 2004 (bottom)

¹Officialy, the Plan was called the Plan for the Expansion of Industry and the Armed Forces of Russia (План расширение промышленности и обороны России; Plan rasširenije promyšlennosti i oborony Rossii). However, the term "Empire Expanse Plan" was more well-known; and eventually stuck after President Putin's coronation as Tsar Vladimir IV.

Bumping this thread (again)

¹Officialy, the Plan was called the Plan for the Expansion of Industry and the Armed Forces of Russia (План расширение промышленности и обороны России; Plan rasširenije promyšlennosti i oborony Rossii). However, the term "Empire Expanse Plan" was more well-known; and eventually stuck after President Putin's coronation as Tsar Vladimir IV.

>Tsar Vladimir IV
>Tsar
>Vladimir

czar-putin.jpg

[video=youtube;AFzLd8EK3sU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzLd8EK3sU[/video]​

>Tsar Vladimir IV
>Tsar
>Vladimir

czar-putin.jpg

[video=youtube;AFzLd8EK3sU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFzLd8EK3sU[/video]​

That's the plan for my AAR. Good work.

>Tsar Vladimir IV
>Tsar
>Vladimir

Didn't we talk about this quoting/greentext thing already, Dr. Stein? The quote system on paradox forums is completely different and there is seriously no need for you to use ">" other than spreading 4chan stuff here

Sorry I haven't been posting this long.

It's simply RL again, since I'm preparing to go to college next week. Hopefully, however I will have an update or two completed by the end of September.