• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i think that+ a converter would actually be a great move. besides people going like WHAT AN INCREBIBLE DEAL *buy* you get people in ck2, wich has like €100 worth of DLC. which hopefully a group will buy. also, you get people from ck2 to euiv as thye can continue their saves.

I only wish there were some kind of hybrid game between the two.
With the personal RPG touch and humour of CKII and EU's fast pace and not so much trouble managing a great realm.
Paradox? your plans for next years of development? :)

Crusader Kings II like most paradox titles lately go on a 75% reduction sale when a new expansion comes out, Vicky II did it for Heart of Darkness and Crusader Kings II did it for Old Gods (in those package you can actually buy the title and all DLC's for 75% off). Also unless they changed their mind, they already said a while back that they are not planning a converter from CK2 to EU4 and that the community would have to make their own again.

Crusader Kings II like most paradox titles lately go on a 75% reduction sale when a new expansion comes out, Vicky II did it for Heart of Darkness and Crusader Kings II did it for Old Gods (in those package you can actually buy the title and all DLC's for 75% off). Also unless they changed their mind, they already said a while back that they are not planning a converter from CK2 to EU4 and that the community would have to make their own again.

Actually they said they'd love to do one and they aren't sure if they will or not, and then the leaked picture that showed up along side purple phoenix. Purple Phoenix is evidentally not a hoax so why should the other leak be?

Actually they said they'd love to do one and they aren't sure if they will or not, and then the leaked picture that showed up along side purple phoenix. Purple Phoenix is evidentally not a hoax so why should the other leak be?

"Converters
-There are no plans to do an official CK2-EU4 converter at present. They're hard to create (Zoft)
-But Johan would very much hope to have one."

From the official FAQ thread. But who knows maybe they did change their minds.

Looks like it could be a really good move for Paradox.
1) Most people who would have bought CK2 probably already have
2) Will get more people interested in Paradox games
3) May encourage people to buy all the dlc for CK2 if they like it

"Converters
-There are no plans to do an official CK2-EU4 converter at present. They're hard to create (Zoft)

They do say these things in multiple places, and I definitely recall more than two dev responses to it. However yes looking at just that information it is unlikely, however looking at the leak and the fact that PP wasn't a lie it looks likely.

That part of the FAQ is rather outdated - I wrote that nearly a year ago, based on one of the very first post by a dev. That was somethign they said back in August 2012 or so. (I'm no longer running the FAQ, before you ask)

The current statement (from Johan) AFAIK is that it's something they'd love to do if they can, but they're not making promises yet.

In addition, if I remember right, what they were saying was definitely more in the tone of "We don't have any plans to do that YET" that "We don't have any plans to do it, PERIOD"

Last edited:
"Converters

It could be a lovely surprise they are trying to hide, let me dream.

I sincerely hope any potential CK2 -> EU4 converter comes with the option to break up nations, unless you want a centralized HRE monstrosity to roflstomp anything in it's path.

Unleash the mega blob vikings then I suppose. Not sure how that's gonna work out with Sunset invasion oO

Imagine a giant blob stretching from central and north America all the way to Spain and Britain, armed with massive doomstacks. Something like that i believe.

EDIT: It will also say "Aztec Africa" with big letters in the whole north of Africa

Paradox would give away a game for free that still costs 40€ when you buy it normally? That sounds like a very generous offer, actually a bit too generous from a business point of view.

Exactly. Especially coming from a company that is selling 9 DLCs at the time of release.

Too good to be true. But I never played CK series anyway. I watched a few videos and it looked awesome but too complicated (compared to EU - from my own point of view). We shall see.

As surprising as ti seems, CKII was much easier to get into, and stay into, than EUIII. It's a difficult first few hours, but after that, it's great. Even losing is fun.

This is coming from a developer who gabe away EU 3 Chronicles for free to forum members... Not really surprising because they can recoup more than 40 euros from all the CK 2 dlcs (available aleeady and plannes ones). Good marketing freebied breeds costumer loyalty.

10€, really? I don't really keep track of sales, especially outside gamersgate, but a 75% discount is still pretty hefty. But even then it's 10€ plus the DLC already announced, that's quite a bit and I believe PI isn't such a big publisher that they'd hand out freebes like that. I don't say that it's impossible, but it would surprise me.

It's not a loss for the company. Anyone who hasn't picked up CK2 at this point is extremely unlikely to get it. Giving it away like this is a great way to get more people to try it, get them hooked and then sell them more dlc later.

Paradox would give away a game for free that still costs 40€ when you buy it normally? That sounds like a very generous offer, actually a bit too generous from a business point of view.

Steam Summer Sale is coming anyway which I'm pretty sure will have an offer like CK2 for 10€ or something like that. Save for release week, hardly anyone buys anything on Steam at full retail price.