Crusader Kings II - 1.103 PATCH RELEASED - Checksum WQLL - NOT for problem reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
The GamersGate version is up now, though it might take a while for it to show in the launcher. (GamersGate Mac version)

All v1.10x save games should be fully compatible.

CHECKSUM: WQLL

CHANGE LOG:
INTERFACE:
- Fixed incorrect AI reasoning text string "X is my lover"
- Fixed a tooltip bug in the effect 'gender_succ'
- Corrected some text bugs
- It is no longer possible to start building Theodosian walls outside of Constantinople
- Wikipedia links should now work on linux

GAMEPLAY:
- Changed the way levies reinforce (to fix a rounding bug.) This will overall reduce levy reinforcement rates a bit.
- Tech spread no longer gets stuck at 5
- Patricians with no landed holdings now correctly get some random courtiers (which they can, for example, marry)
- Euboia is no longer "Ocean" terrain
- Westfriesland is no longer "Ocean" terrain
- You can no longer become a truce breaker from failed imprisonments or title revokations, or wars from events, plots or factions
- 867: Gave Almos, the ruler of the Magyars, and his son Arpad scripted traits
- 867: Slightly strengthened the initial Magyar army
- Kingdoms with a king can now also de jure drift into empires
- Independent kingdoms can no longer drift out of their de jure empires
- Added Zoroastrian Crusade target weights to appropriate titles
- Human played vassals of the Magyars now get to keep their Ukrainian lands when Hungary forms
- Added level three Castle Fortifications to Constantinople
- Boosted the heavy infantry morale bonus given by the Aztec Jaguar Warrior Lodge
- Fixed a crash with deleted characters in a title's previous holder list
- The Seljuks now appear a bit further south, in Dashhowuz rather than Kyzylorda
- Fixed a bug where creating a kingdom or empire would not always initialize Crown Laws correctly
- Fixed raised armies being counted twice for max troops calculations used by some interfaces and some AI calculations
- Fixed an issue with save game corruption after loading a game and saving before unpausing

AI:
- Fixed a bug where patrician AI would go braindead for a long time after resign/reload
- Fixed an issue where, in many cases, under Gavelkind the AI would not create a second duchy even to form a kingdom
- Fixed a bug in the diplo AI where it would consider other lowborn characters to be its own dynasty
- Tweaked cross-religion Pagan marriage acceptance

Great, thanks. All that while most of scandinavia is being on holidays i guess. :)
Questions will follow later...

This will ruin my holiday ;-) prepare to launch ck2 yet again :p

Cool, finally the de jure drifting mechanic and the levy bug are fixed. Yay!

Still, the problem that all custom created maps need a portage to properly load up should eventually be addressed.

Thanx!

Thanks, much appreciated fixes there. GJ as always. :)

The german localisation had problems again with some text not fitting in the boxes in 1.102.
The same issue that had happened in earlier patches and was once resolved already.

Neither Ashtray nor me have posted a bug report on this again as far as i know.
Are you aware of anything like that and have you in such case fixed it ?

The german localisation had problems again with some text not fitting in the boxes in 1.102.
The same issue that had happened in earlier patches and was once resolved already.

Neither Ashtray nor me have posted a bug report on this again as far as i know.
Are you aware of anything like that and have you in such case fixed it ?

I am aware that some translations do not quite fit, but I don't think it's ever been fixed.

I am aware that some translations do not quite fit, but I don't think it's ever been fixed.

I think it did. :unsure: Anyway, i will discuss this further in the german subforum then and maybe post a bug report.
Thanks.

:)

@Doomdark

I see that you give answers to user questions here. Please tell me you guys are working on this:

Still, the problem that all custom created maps need a portage to properly load up should eventually be addressed.

(and forgive me if it is already fixed and not mentioned in the patch notes. I didn't check it with the new patch)

Last edited:
- Independent kingdoms can no longer drift out of their de jure empires

I'm not sure I completely understand this. For example, does this mean that Venice can't become independent of the Byzantines anymore? I kinda liked that feature.

Oh man, another dilemma. Do I update and fix the annoying as hell bugs while losing all my mods, or do I play on a bugged version but with my mods intact :).
Anyway, thanks for the patch guys, ESPECIALLY the annoying "X is my Lover" bug!

Oh man, another dilemma. Do I update and fix the annoying as hell bugs while losing all my mods, or do I play on a bugged version but with my mods intact :).
Anyway, thanks for the patch guys, ESPECIALLY the annoying "X is my Lover" bug!

If the mods you're playing are compatible with 1.102 they should be compatible with 1.103.
The biggest culprit when it comes to CTDs in mods are changes in the interface folder. The interface folder was untouched between 1.102 and 1.103.

If the mods you're playing are compatible with 1.102 they should be compatible with 1.103.
The biggest culprit when it comes to CTDs are changes in the interface folder. The interface folder was untouched between 1.102 and 1.103.

Oh really? So I am guessing I can continue to play Elder Kings. Well that's great, updating on Steam right now. Thanks!
By the way: "Tech spread no longer gets stuck at 5" - well I wasn't aware of that bug, that explains quite a bit. I always though it's just my bad technology spread rate :)

Cool, finally the de jure drifting mechanic and the levy bug are fixed. Yay!

I am not sure what you mean.

I am not sure what you mean.

Basically this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?691795-Issues-with-custom-maps-1.10

All custom maps that worked fine with 1.09 stopped working with 1.10; The addition of traversable rivers added the possibility to edit in portages and major_rivers in the adjacencies file. The problem is that you NEED a portage for your map to work. If you have a map that doesn't contain a portage the game won't properly load. This is the reason why there are plenty mods that struggle(d) to update to 1.10. You basically have to draw in a piece of navigable river and a lake or two separete major rivers to make it work.
In my opinion this isn't necessary: The engine should be able to work fine even without any of this (but of course I don't know your code).