• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Karagin

Colonel
4 Badges
Jan 30, 2005
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
Okay I may have missed this one, but say I want to set things up in that the Soviet Union never allies with the UK or her allies or the US, is this possible to do? I have a game where the Soviet Union keeps allying with the UK and as Germany even if I can push them back enough to fire the Bitter Peace they stay allied to the UK and some how WW2 ends since everyone makes peace.

Is there away to code this to stop the Soviet Union from allying with the UK and her allies or for that matter any non-communist country?

There are two relevant parts in the AI files (copied straight from "sov_1936.ai"):
Code:
# Special resistance against "influence" by the listed nations. Value range = [0 - 10]  
resistance = {  
	GER = 1 
	ENG = 2
	FRA = 2
	USA = 2
	JAP = 2
}
Put a high value there to prevent relationship from getting too good. It might also make them less likely to accept alliance proposals, but I'm not sure.

Code:
befriend = {
	ENG = 10
	ROM = 50
	BUL = 40 
	TUR = 60 
	POL = 20 
	YUG = 40
	PER = 60 
	SPR = 100
	MON = 100
	TAN = 100
}
Here, a high value leads to the country actively trying influence missions on the target. Remove to stop them from doing it.

For both, you'd also need to edit the files of UK and USA (or they'll do the influencing). The favored = { } clauses in trade and tech sharing might also have some effect, but it's probably minor. A high neutrality makes them less likely to join an alliance, but also less aggressive, so it might not be what you want. If you want to go to extreme lengths, put the countries in question into the combat = { } clause. That should prevent them from allying for good (but might lead to the occasional DoW instead).

Okay I will get that one a try.

Yeah still the same thing happens German Declares war on Soviet Union and the Soviet Union allies with the Allies. Changed the US and UK to not even bother with influencing the Soviets and yet they still ally with them. Really need to know how to stop this. Is there a way to do this similar to no trade treaties or something?

Did you check that there is no AI event causing them to ally? If that's not the case either, it may be hardcoded; some of the behavior of the major alliances is. They don't usually negotiate peace, and starting in '42 Soviets and Axis are likely to declare war on the other if they didn't already and think they're stronger - even if there are no AI events and the alliances are composed of different nations. Soviets joining the Allies might be similar.

I will check the AIs next, seems that with in a week of Germany declaring war in 41, Stalin and Friends join the Allies. Not that it is a big deal but the Bitter Peace event ends the war if the Germans get far enough and then everyone sits there doing well nothing.

Okay checked the AI for ENG FRA AST USA and some of the minor allies like HOL nothing is shown for them to even remotely ally with the Soviets yet they keep doing so the second Germany declares war on the Soviet Union. Again this wouldn't be so bad if the Bitter peace event didn't have England and France and the US all making peace with Germany just because the Soviets are beaten. So I am still stuck at square one, so next question is there a way to enter a NOT or trigger an event that removes them from their alliance with the Allies if the Bitter Peace fires and if so how do I go about writing it up?

Try changing the command in BP to:
Code:
command = {type = peace which = GER value = 1}
Assuming peace is made in a Soviet event, the value = 1 should cause a separate peace and pull them out of the alliance. Bad thing is that Mongolia and Tannu Tuva are now probably in the Allies and not the Comintern, so that would still need fixing.

Okay I will change that, and check on the other two.

Okay the change you suggested worked. They still allied with the Allies right after Germany declared war, but when the bitter peace fired, only the Soviet Union made peace with Germany. Checking things they remained in the alliance for about a week or so after the event fired and then left their alliance with the Allies, which worked out well enough.