• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TRP

♦ Totally Random Productions ♦
1 Badges
Mar 6, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
Rise of the White Phoenix – A Post-Nuke Project mini-aar
Post Nuke Project Pre-Alpha, build v0.0146

ow4e.jpg

This mini-aar is a small narrative I wrote up while me and Laurence were testing the pre-alpha release of our new mod, the Post-Nuke Project. PNP takes place in an alternate history where a German victory in WW2 led to a three-way nuclear WW3, plunging the world in post-apocalyptic chaos for decades.
Now, 150 years after The Fall and the Great Winter, the nations of the world have slowly pulled themselves together. I am playing the Grand Campaign as Poland, starting in 2136
A large part of the map are still lawless areas controlled by rebels and warbands. Rising nations must first address these threats at their borders, and secure their sovereignity through peaceful unification or total conquest.
This playthrough was to test out how tough the newly modded rebel units were, while addressing some lingering issues with lags and hangups.

Here we go! I'll post the first update tomorrow, me and Laurence have written this to be a shorter AAR explaining some of the things in the mod. Our pre-alpha should be ready for release this week, we're still working on a very annoying bug that slow the game down. When we can fix that we'll upload it so everyone can try it out.

Nice to see you two guys back! I will be following your story with great interest!

Chapter 1: Welcome to the Post-Nuke

g04r.jpg

Poland starts out in a precarious position. To the East, the reformed German Empire is embroidled in a bitter civil war with the German Republic. Early-game, their attention is turned Westwards but a resurgent German Empire will surely reclaim Ostpreussen when they are powerful enough. A pre-emptive strike on the German Empire may be necessary, if you can manage to align the Bundesrepublik. Even then, after almost five decades of German hegemony in Europe, even the Democrats may decide to lay claim to their Prussian territories…

fz43.jpg

odo3.jpg

Time is of the essence. I immediately move my shoddy militia and understrength national army to strike at Warsaw. The Polish Republic has reformed out of militias led from Breslau, but if we want to have a shot at Rising we will need the historical capitol.

This mod is already able to download? Anyway, looks nice.

Not yet, an announcement will be made in this mini-AAR and in any future mini-AARs when we release a new version.
Currently we're working on a severe lag issue on every 7th, 14th, 21th, 28th and 30th day of the month. If someone has had any experience with this, any help is greatly appreciated. ;)

-Laurence

Chapter 2: The Republic Rises

qllk.jpg

The militia units are a special type of garrison. They don’t move or attack, but they are tougher than the average INF division so taking the provinces will cost you MP and time. This simulates troops having to pacify anarchist territory.

4h8u.jpg

9vde.jpg

When my capitol is retaken, I send some troops up north to the Ostpreussen Freestate, where ethnic Prussians have ruled over the North of Poland for almost two centuries now. These lawless zones want to reunify with the German Motherland, but Berlin is fighting Frankfurt right now and I’ve got 100.000 men marching to Königsberg. Vengeance shall be ours!

3mwh.jpg

In the meanwhile some nations insist on running their own economies into the ground by spamming infrastructure works and war games. This is not intended and we’re not sure why they do this. Note to self: look into this at a later time

Nothing prooves a pole is a Pole better than bashing the leftist, commie-anarchist, scum :p :D

what are your cores? i think that Lvov should be among them if Germans can claim this much, then we can too"