• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(762081)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 28, 2013
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
Hi there any potential readers who are browsing this forum! See, I've been playing KoP&P for the past few days and man, am I HOOKED on this game. To sort of give myself an outlet for this fun I've been having, I came up with some fun class ideas for the sake of "Hey, wouldn't it be fun to try my hand at creating some stuff?"

The numbers are missing so as to focus on concept/character and it's just some fun ideas but maybe I'll give an idea or two!

THE CLASSES

Samurai
Role- Tank/Damage
Weapon- Katana -> Razor Katana -> Zanbatō -> Muramasa -> Masamune
Armor- Pleated Armor -> Ridged Armor -> Samurai Armor -> Cursed Armor -> Shogun Armor

Skills

Specter Blade: (Passive) Each attack by the samurai has a (x)% chance of performing a second cut. Works with double cuts at a 50% chance decrease (IE: 2% goes to 1%) for each consecutive slash.

Tentou Stance: (Active) For (x) turns, the samurai will return (x)% of the damage dealt to him/her. Increases threat by (x)% while in this stance

Kamakazi Stance: (Toggle) Greatly increases damage and attacks lower physical resistance by (x)%. Causes HP damage every turn.

Determination: (Passive) Increases threat. Every hit dealt to the samurai raises resistances and HP regen. Disable effects will reset stacks. (IE: Stun)

Swashbuckler
Role- Support/Damage/Healer
Weapon- Sword and Pistol -> Admiral's Sword and Pistol -> Sparrow's Sword and Pistol -> Blackbeard and Kidd -> Cervantes and Nirvana
Armor- Pirate Coat -> Rugged Coat -> Rum-soaked Coat -> Captain's Coat -> Marvelous Coat

Skills

Rum Flask: (Active) Gives the target a flask of rum, increasing magic resistance by (x)% and healing for (x)

Walk the Plank: (Active) For 3 turns, an enemy's resistances are lowered by (x)%

Double-up: (Active) Hits a target for (x) damage and fires a secondary shot to a random target for double damage.

Raised the Flag: (Active) Increases allies life steal and mana steal by (x)% for (x) turns.

Night Slayer
Role- Damage
Weapon- Crossbow -> Silver Crossbow -> Blessed Crossbow -> Crucifix Crossbow-> Helsing
Armor- Cloak -> Runic Cloak -> Slayer Cloak-> Templar Cloak -> Holy Cloak

Skills

Holy Water: (Active) Tosses a vial of holy water at 3 enemies, dealing (x) divine damage and lowering their initiative.

Slayer's Instinct: (Active) Targets an enemy for (x) turns, granting critical chance, life steal and mana steal when attacking that target.

Deadly Calm: (Passive) Increases critical strike and life steal for (x) every turn the Slayer is not attacked.

Tools of the Slayer: (Passive) Deals bonus divine damage on attack.

I got a few more ideas for later but that's it for now. Thanks again for making such an amazing, entertaining game!

Thanks for this! good ideas and info.

Nice class ideas!

I hope that we get a 1.5 version of the game with new classes, characters, quests and gear provided for us. I'd really like to have a Dojo like one from Karate Kid and have a DBZ type character as a trainer.

I wonder if Steve Jackson Games would sign off on an (un)official class or characters to be added to a possible 1.5 version of the game? There are plenty of opportunities for silliness with Munchkin-ness.

I'd like to see an 'uber-omni' dungeon. One that can be a set map, but all of the monsters are drawn from all parts of the game. This dungeon would scale to the level of all your characters and would have minions of appropriate level to challenge them.

I would also like to see a 'dark' or 'reverse' quest line. In this it is basically the same but backwards version of the game. In this alternate version the party seeks to help the Black Mage escape from the Pen and Paper world, ruin the devs game, corrupt the king, kidnap NPCs and ultimately attempt to unleash a nasty micro-transaction game onto steam called Peasants of Digital Dice and Dungeons -1.0. Of course, this version of the game can only be unlocked if all other achievements have been unlocked on the 'deluxe 1.5 version'.

I know the Monk, Thief and Ninja are in-game hoax. But it would be fun if we have the deluxe version and most of the achievements that if/when the 1.5 version is released we can unlock new quests to get these guys.

The classic Red Mage from the FF series would be a fun one to be another jack-of-all trades to party with the Bard.

I'd like to see an illusionist/jester/charlatan class that is a magic user like the mage and shaman but instead he creates illusions and/or distractions to do the tanking for the group.

As for the GRIND to level up the Blacksmith... I really wish we could do random quests or a bunch of disconnected quests to get him items, rescue family members or others to increase his XP faster and level him up faster. Like something to get him a better set of tools or something.

Personally, I would like to see some of the classes and characters 'balanced'.

The Jock only gets +1 to attack. Compared to the most of the other characters who get +5 initiative, regen 1 hp/mp, +1 skill duration... etc The Jock's passive is not that usable in the long run of the game. It would be nice if the Jock's +1 atk scaled so that it got an additional +1 atk each 5 levels or so. Ms Goldberry is just so crazy good compared to the other characters out of the 'stock' characters. A silly robot like one from the old lost-in-space b-movies would be a fun character.

The Paladin is not fun. I spend more time just using his holy shield and flash heal on himself instead of actually doing damage. Compared to the other tank classes, he needs to be able to do damage. Reflect damage back, Counterstrike. Something that actually does damage instead of sitting there and taking it and just healing / resisting it.

I would like to see the cleric's 'weakening' spell changed to 'blessing'. Instead of reducing 3 monsters in AoE's atk power, I would like to see this changed to be a spell that increases the party's resistance to all for an amount of time. It would scale to increase the resistance percentages as well as duration time up to level 10; then diminishing returns after that point for each skill point.

The Druid's sleep spell should be something that can be targeted on friendly characters to remove them from the effects of a Hot Pepper or the Barbarian's Berserk.

Well, those are my random ideas for now... Game on!

Last edited: