• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Skullslasher6

First Lieutenant
68 Badges
Jun 14, 2012
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
My colonists thought it was a great idea to go for a safari hunt in this great desert.

Now I have a question; Why aren't my colonies slowly converting to my culture?
I'd like to think its because my U.S colonists are bumbling morons looking for safaris in the middle of a desert, but I know there's a real reason...
When I played as Spain it happened rather quickly and easily; no encouragement of bureaucrats, immigration etc. So why isn't it happening now? : /

There's some serious bonuses to migration and assimilation for POPs in the Americas and Oceania. If your POPs decide to move, it's almost certain they'll move to somewhere else in the New World.

With luck a NF with +20% might do it, vs the 20% of going to another new world country.

I tried that for a while. Didn't end up working.
I think paradox should add a new national focus that works on cultural assimilation--one that increases militancy every day, yet converts those who have converted to your religion slightly every month/day/randomly.
Seems kind of weird that New World countries cannot reliably convert populations........As Spain I was able to convert populations within the New World, Africa, Europe, etc....and I didn't have the population problems that New World countries face early on...

In my current germany game, I was able to make states of the 2 Sahara colonies due to migration. Go figure....

For European/Asia coutry it is relative easy. If you try this with America/Oceania country it is really really hard (or almost inpossible).

Seems kind of weird that New World countries cannot reliably convert populations........As Spain I was able to convert populations within the New World, Africa, Europe, etc....and I didn't have the population problems that New World countries face early on...

New World countries are the best at assimilation! It just has to take place in the New World. And it's difficult to get colonial POPs, especially in Africa, to migrate. That's why Europeans have an easier time with Africa.