• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pang Bingxun

Field Marshal
2 Badges
Nov 22, 2011
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
Italy AI transports many divisions to ethiopia in early 1936. It keeps 8+9 divisions at the 2 beaches if Massaua and Obbia instead of moving them to the front into the interior of ethiopia. This is even worse because Italy uses militia at the front and infantry uselessly waits at the beaches of ethiopia. I am refering to the my current set of changes15 for 1.09 that will be published in a minute.
Reloading sometimes solves the issue. Sometimes it solves the issue for one beach only.

Upvote 0
I've encountered the same problem and haven't found a satisfying solution yet. Even telling the AI to completely ignore the provinces for garrisons doesn't fix it (even though the same workaround is used to keep the Soviet AI from putting large amounts of troops in Kamchatka). The troops in Massaua are eventually moved away once Italy has enough free transports (and safe passage through Suez), but the ~20 divisions in Obbia will stay there no matter what.

Most likely the beach provinces have a too high value for the AI so it keeps troops here to guard them. In Core we had to experiment a lot to reduced the divisions there.
Sometimes it's a side effect of setting the AI to ignore some provs so it sometimes does not even move through them.