• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(721311)

Private
5 Badges
Apr 3, 2013
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Semper Fi
I think that the Developpers will never be able to fully improve this game if the community doesn't tell them WTF is wrong with this game:

1. The AI.

- Sometimes, you can see Ottoman fleets or North European fleets engage one another at two opposite sides of the world. Historically, strategically and geographically it should be impossible. Plus, when this happens, it is easy to take advantage of the situation and abuse the vulnerability of the computers.

- The AI, for the smaller nations, is simply poor. I play the game at the hardest difficulty and I can always destroy them with the smallest and newest of my brigades. Just because they are small nations, that doesn't mean that those countries have idiotic/moronic Generals or Governments.

- The naval AI has an outstanding 6th sense. They can detect your fleets, even if they dont have vision, as soon as they leave a port. When you have a small country (we can even say ANY country), it is virtually impossible to do anything on the seas if you become the ennemy of GBR. (Even in the 21st century, it is impossible for the modern fleets to operate and react as fast as the AIs do.)

Important:
- Tuscany BECOMES INACTIVE on the lands after 1-2 years.
- Papacy BECOMES INACTIVE on the lands after 1-2 years.
- Piedmont BECOMES INACTIVE on the lands after 1-2 years.
- 90% of Tripolitania's regiments are made of... Service units! Makes alot of sense... sending potatos vs France Doomstacks of Pwnz0rage.
2. Coalitions.

- While playing as a minor nation (Algeria)... and while being at war with a major power (Ottomans)... Even if my relation was good with another major power (ex: Austria or Russia)... I was unable to team up with them, NO MATTER WHAT, and I had to fight my own wars solo.

3. Naval bonuses/debuffs.

- Seriously, fix GBR.
- Seriously, fix the delays between landings.
- If we can have Land strategies... with different unit composition... why is it impossible to personalize the naval strategies the same way? Mayyyybe... that could help us reduce the lack of balance between the WORLD and GBR.

4. Create your own Multiplayer servers, I AM SURE that this game will have hundreds of fans/addicts online 24/7.
5. MOST of the players that buy the game dont know, and will NEVER know how to install mods or to create mods. If you dont want to improve it, atleast... make an INGAME guide or something.

Edited for language - Seelmeister

Last edited by a moderator:
Some thoughts i had for MotE fixes:

1. A definite limit on the number of guard units that can be built. Maybe also a limit on all types of units? So you will be forced to build other types available.

2. Idea points given to the winner is too small? Or is this WAD?

3. An event for enabling a French and Spanish war over Napoleons political play there.

4. Generals and Admirals being KIA. Or could this be done with events?

1. A definite limit on the number of guard units that can be built. Maybe also a limit on all types of units? So you will be forced to build other types available.

3. An event for enabling a French and Spanish war over Napoleons political play there.

These seem like sensible suggestions, apart from number 2. It is indeed WAD that the winner gets very few idea pints. The idea is that France starts with a huge advantage in terms of ideas, but that her enemies learn from every defeat and by the mid/ late game have closed the gap.

Let's face it, the fact that the landing delay bug wasn't hot fixed within a week means this game is dead on support.

Big hoohah on release, 6 months later nothing. Saying that, the forum is completely dead, so understandable from an investment perspective. The landing bug is a defines.lua adjustment, but it seemed untested. I changed it from 1 to 5 and it seems more reasonable now.

I also think you should be able to create your own general/admiral some how because some small nations such as HRE have only one general.

Random leaders a la Vic2 are needed most definitely mid-late-game.

1. Best tactic seems to be build guards in all categories of units and beat armies twice or three times your size. Your limit becomes your income not manpower.

2. Seems okay to me.

3. There seems to be a lack of these sorts of events in the game completely.

4. Deaths a la EU would be good, but also needs random leader generation to offset the losses.

First and most importantly, made it possible to see how many regiments I have. Even in EU3 this is possible.

Ledger?