• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Forster

Field Marshal
98 Badges
Apr 22, 2001
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Does anyone know if you can use Black Ice or other mods if you got you game from Steam?

in the BI offical tread there is the explanation how to install the mod... and links to download it

Reactions:
Don't know what I did wrong, but it didn't work. Guess I'll have to give it another try tomorrow.

You can UNLESS you have XP. That mod fails to advertise that it is broken (and will not be fixed) for XP. All Black ICE is, is a heavily scripted (heavy is being nice) game with new units. I would suggest going to HPP, or some other mod. You'll get more out of them.

Iggel, sorry for taking so long to answer. I downloaded the mod and the patch. I created a folder called black ice in the mod folder and extracted the mod. I did not see what looked like an executable file, so then I did the same for the patch. Again, I checked, and still not executable. I started the game, there was no mod to choose.

copy the HoI III folder to some place, install all the BI stuff in the thf sub-folder and try to execute the THF_EXE, that worked for me at least

Iggel, sorry for taking so long to answer. I downloaded the mod and the patch. I created a folder called black ice in the mod folder and extracted the mod. I did not see what looked like an executable file, so then I did the same for the patch. Again, I checked, and still not executable. I started the game, there was no mod to choose.

If there's no mod to choose then that means the *.mod file is missing. Check the folder you extracted, it might be a level or two down, in which case you'll have to copy the entire folder structure up.

I have been playing the latest version of Black Ice 8.54. I play as Italy and I used the event build desert corps (don't remember the exact name) It took ~30IC fro 2 years and when I deployed it it was just a corps HQ with no divisions. Is this intended or a bug?