• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

deadmeat1471

Lt. General
105 Badges
Mar 29, 2006
  • Sengoku
  • Impire
  • Iron Cross
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
I feel like a new SR game!(while I wait for SR1939) Who shall I play as? I haven't played in quite a while so I fully expect my ass to be handed to me.

Some options i'm considering:

Israel(always fun).
France
Iran
Iraq
Syria?(I'm quite liking the idea of this one!)
Ethiopia
Egypt?

Stage 1: Economic preperation?

First things first. I imported as much as I could afford of industrial goods. Nearly everything you make/expansion of industry will require these. So stockpile them as much as humanly possible. Secondary concern is power to power the economy, as we have copious amounts of oil thats not an issue due to oil powered powerplants.
Third consideration, I raised tax a bit and raised social welfare spending a tad, i'll probably lower it again to be honest, I need the money to drill for more oil! I don't think the game really gives a shit if people are happy or not, inflation i've been told has little effect either, so shrug. I'll probably sacrifice the livelihoods of my citizens for more profits! I guess my Iraq leadership should be called the Tory Party.

The goal:
1. Expand the oil industry to prepare for the mid game oil drought!(oil price goes up and up and up as the game progresses).
2. Expand the consumer industry for general happiness and monies, and exports.

tIz0vib.jpg

Jan 25 1950
Oil production: 500k
Consumer goods production 41

*Red = not producing enough for internal consumption, green producing for export.

Last edited:
June 3 1950
Oil production: 575k
Consumer goods production 315

ria6Sid.jpg

North Korea begins their righteous war of liberating Korea from evil capitalist domination! by July 7th they conquered the South.

So I've come up with an issue, it seems my production has plateaued, when I build new oil wells it barely increases oil production at all, I believe this is something to do with population and unemployment, so I put money into social welfare to increase population/immigrants, seems to be working(at a snails pace). I think at this point I should stockpile monies and start invading random people around me.

I guess its time to build a half decent army!

Last edited:
Ok first target?

YFp9FRT.jpg

Kuwait is out of the question currently, as it's still a colony. That brings up an interesting idea, I will fund rebellion there in the hopes that someday it will be free, so I can invade it!

mvbAcMi.png

Turkey would be hard I think.

Saudi Arabia or Iran looks good to me.
*Saudis look the best target, they are ill prepared to fight a war, the Iranians much more so.

I'm building up a bunch of military units to begin:

10 Is-3 heavy tanks
2 Special forces
10 half track infantry(I'll build at least 10 more of these on top before war)

8 Tu-2D Bomber
4 Yak-3 Interceptors

*I got the blueprints from Mother Russia, as I plan to attack the yanks, I didn't want to use any of their decadent yankee technology.

As of october 1953 the Economy is booming, the oil industry in particular(unsurprisingly). I am expanding both air and land fabrications to more quickly build military units when the pending war comes.
December: South Vietnam and Cambodia got independence from France
Some thoughts i've had.

Generic WarPlan Hammurabi

Pre war
  • Have stockpiled large amounts of military goods.
  • Must stockpile industrial goods.
  • Must close consumer goods factorys to prevent them using IG and depleting a national war resource.
  • Send spies across the border to scout out defences.
War
  • Draw the enemy into the open to make use of air power.
  • Take strongpoints and cities with overwhelming force.
  • Bring in copious amounts of supply trucks.

Last edited:
The Southern War

sHBMDww.jpg

Little resistance is found, after an early bungle leaving a score of IS-3's without supplies under attack. Troops advance on the Saudi capital. Air strikes have smashed the surrounding defences, all that remain is to clear the buildings of infantry and militias. Victory is at hand!

K7Iy55h.jpg

After a brief but bloody battle, the capital is taken and the Saudis surrender, we annex them!

uKRY0Fp.jpg

Now to take stock of our gains.....

We lost 8000 casualties. Our production and population has basically doubled.

Last edited:
I might do a play-through as France or a Central American nation this week!
Hmm decisions....
I definitely want to have a go, I want to try a new military strategy...

I would continue the above game but the save is long gone! ...and the game currently isn't installed(Heresy!).

*Will update tomorrow, wrote out a little report twice and got a forum error and lost it twice :p

Teaser

mHy5mxK.png

Last edited:
The French Indochina war

Strategic planning
Researching jet turbine helicopters(we hear it may be useful in Indochina).
Bought C47 design from the USA to supply troops in the jungles of Indochina.
Building supply depots all over Indochina. The main hinderance to warfare there is supply.

The war
In the North our encircled forces near Hanoi got completely wiped out under massive artillery bombardment.
Laos is being slowly infiltrated and French forces have fallen back tpo Hue city, where with the help of massed air power and artillery held the Vietminh back.
That is the current situation in January 1950.

Reinforcements have arrived in Indochina, but are largely armored, which other than around the main roadways cannot fight the Vietminh in the jungles for supply and terrain reasons.
I am in the process of ferrying French infantrymen to reinforce the Area, in large numbers. Bringing the French forces in Indochina up from now a depleted 10,000 to 100,000 men.

The forces in IC consist mainly of Diesel Sherman tanks and Motorised infantry, on the way are Paratroopers, Marines, halftracks and other mechanised forces.

Copious artillery is also on the way, along with self propelled artillery such as M7 Priests.

Air forces are depleted in IC so I am going to build several air fabs and land fabs in Saigon to produce troops directly in IC.
One issue with Guerillas is that they are very good vs low air forces, I'm hoping to make strategic bombers to compensate for this.

Last edited:
Operation Rolling Thunder!(Totally didn't steal this name...)

Mar 30, 1950

32,000 Frenchmen are advancing over into North Vietnam backed my armor and mobile artillery to scout out the enemy forces and occupy as much land as they can.

As the troops advance forward the Vietminh melt away and as more villages are taken more supply is made avaliable to our forces, by April Hanoi is taken. But not at no cost. 10,000 Frenchmen have been killed or wounded.

In may I they surrendered and I colonised them. On second thoughts I should have annexed to link it with the south, but nevermind, victory is ours! at the cost of 15,000 frenchmen. Time to go home and plan what next.....

Also, from our military footage, we have just got a new set of planes to mass produce!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qwkhQ8OAgc

Jet fighters.

June

North Korea invades the south.....

Last edited: