• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(758302)

Recruit
1 Badges
Jun 23, 2013
  • Dungeonland
The analog sticks are bugging in the menus (weirdly enough, not in the Controls menu?). The X(U) and Y(R) axis are somehow interlocked. Whenever I push right (X+/U+), I also get the 'down' (Y-/R-) response. The opposite is also true: when I push left (X-/R-), I also get the 'up' (Y+/R+) response. i.e.: When I'm choosing which difficulty to play, I push the analog to the right from Casual, and it immediately changes it to Hard and jumps to Challenge selection. If I accidentally set challenge to max and want to reduce it, it gets reduced by one and instantly goes back to difficulty. Resuming: Up just moves Up, but Left moves Left AND Up. Down moves only Down, but Right moves Right AND Down.
In-game it works perfectly, and I can control the menus using mouse and keyboard, though I'd rather sit a bit farther from the screen.
I tried setting the movement to the Directional Pad, but the game replaces D-Pad UP (Y+) with D-Pad Right (X+), disabling the Y+ command altogether.
Changing the input on the Launcher didn't help either.
If it helps, I'm using the Razer Onza Tournament XBox360&PC USB Wired Controller (works flawlessly with every other gamepad-enabled game on my computer =/), and I'm not using any kind of software to map it.

Thanks in advance! (Please let me know if I missed anything that might be of help, I'm not really used to using support forums =S)

Upvote 0
Hi victorfw,

That's certainly a weird problem. I don't have a gamepad on me at the moment, but I'll try and source one to give it a go within the menus.

Do you know if Razer have any software for the device? If they do, and they have an active GUI that shows you what input the software is reading, would be interesting to have that run whilst you're in the menu, to see if a second piece of software picks up the extra inputs.

Thanks for the bug report.

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to enable notifications. =S
The device itself is PnP, and unlike their other mice and keyboards, there is no customization to be done (except for two shoulder buttons mapped in the controller's internal software), so they don't have any programs for that. =/
I have, however, successfully remapped the axes and directionals on a few other games and software (e.g. emulators). I also have, to no avail, closed every possible program short of steam to try and see if some other program was interfering with the input.

It's really not that big of an issue; I don't mind using my mouse on the menus or fiddling with the controller to change the options. Game-related bugs outweigh a single non-game-impairing gamepad issue =P

Gamepad always runs down and to the right

I have no problems with the game until after I try using a gamepad with it. Although it works perfectly fine with a keyboard and mouse, the character controlled by the gamepad will constantly run down and to the right no matter what I bind the movement controls to.

I'm using a rock candy usb controller (it's actually for a PS3, but works fine with other games on my system), and this is on the mac version of the game.

I'd like to post my game log files; however, I'm having trouble finding them. I tried looking in Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Dungeonland/dungeonland.app/ but I couldn't find it anywhere, and the How to best ask for help or report a bug or ask for help! thread doesn't list any other location where it might be.

I'm positive that it is not an issue with the controller itself, since it does not have this issue in other games. Is there anything I can do to fix this on my end? Failing that, is there anything more I can provide to help the cause of this bug be found and squashed?

Last edited:
Hi Teksura,

I've merged your thread with an existing one that is having almost identical issues.

The log file is located in the following folder: /Users/YourUserName/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

This file is generated AFTER you play the game and close it. Could you post that inside CODE tags?

The following errors occurred with your submission

The text that you have entered is too long (169327 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.

Is there another way to post the log, or a particular portion which is important? I could put it on my Google drive if that works for you.

Hi Teksura,

If you put the contents inside
Code:
 tags it should work

Will show like
[CODE]Text goes here

Hi Teksura,

If you put the contents inside
Code:
 tags it should work

Will show like
[CODE]Text goes here

I was asking what I should do when that does not work because that is not working. It is giving me the error message which I posted above. I might be able to post it in the
Code:
 tags, but it would break it up into at least 4 posts because of the character limit of 50000 characters per post. Would that be preferred to any alternatives?

Last edited:
My mistake! Apologies.

Could you .zip or .rar the file and add it as an attachment to your post?