• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've gotten triplets once - simultaneous impregnation by husband and lover - but only two get the twin trait and one looks like he's just alone

If you use the pregnancy cheat, they're all considered twins.

Hmm. Now I'm confused. In the save game file, there is an "unborn" entry on pregnant women. This entry contains the projected birth date, mother, and father, plus information on bastards and whether the cuckold knows he's not the real dad. Nothing that explicitly indicates that the 2 are twins, and thus nothing to explicitly says the pseudo-triplet is *not* their twin.

Maybe the game only gives the twin trait to those born of the same father. But in that case, theoretically, 2 events that make twins plus a spare, but all from the same dad, would make triplets.

I was just doing some research, and found some interesting things in my save file:

For characters in the pre-867 history files, there are 3 individual twins. These 3 have the twin trait, but no sibling born with them.

Of 118 pairs born during play, 2 pairs were from the same mother, 23 months apart.

I also found 3 pre-867 pairs of identical twins. And when I say identical, I mean their DNA entries match. On the other hand, of 118 pairs of twins born since I started playing, not *1* pair has identical DNA.

Incidentally, if not for the game limiting the effective attributes to a minimum of 0, some characters would have modified attributes down to -11 or worse. I even saw a couple of people with -1 *base* attributes!