• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hootieleece

Field Marshal
105 Badges
Dec 21, 2002
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
I am a longtime Paradox Fan and like The Napoleonic Age.....and was deeply disappointed in Empire Total War and its Napoleonic DLC/Expansion.

Or was this game just another testbed for mechanics to be used in A bigger series Makeover. (Like Sengoku to CK2)

Depends whay you looking for in this game. You should read some AAR, dev diares or better idea -> get demo.

From my personal experience I can say this game is good chillout after long session of Vicky 2 or EU 3 , and great MP game.
And I hope many of good mechanics from this game will be implemented in EU 4 or in future expansion to Vicky 2...

I am a longtime Paradox Fan and like The Napoleonic Age.....and was deeply disappointed in Empire Total War and its Napoleonic DLC/Expansion.

Or was this game just another testbed for mechanics to be used in A bigger series Makeover. (Like Sengoku to CK2)

Why were you disappointed with Empire Total war? Obviously MotE is a different game but if you explain what you are hoping for/ expecting from the title we can try and answer you more fully.

As Thanik has suggested, there is a demo available which is the best way in my opinion to see how much enjoyment you'll get out of the game.

I personally am enjoying playing it a lot, espeically given I paid less than half the normal price for a retail game.

It's definitely a shorter and much faster-paced game, which makes it good for multiplayer, but it's not a game that I typically spend an afternoon playing by myself (a la EU or CK).

It's a little lacking for a Paradox title, but it's a nice little wargame romp if you find it on sale (under $10), or have friends interested in mp and the era. I don't regret spending the $5 on it, and my 2 games thus far.

I bought it when it first came it. Personally I found it a little lacking as a Paradox Title. But that being said, does not mean it is a bad game. It is a fun game to play with friends online and the battle mechanics are a pretty cool.

As was said by others, its a nice RTS that wont take up a lot of your time. If you can get it on sale its well worth it.

I also hope the battle mechanics are incorporated into future Paradox games.

Are there any good/active mods for this game? I haven't purchased the game yet so I cannot access the mods section, but I would like to know before I buy.

there's a couple of mods that are active, and the guys doing them work hard at keeping up with updates. If you can get the game at a good price and tie the mods in with it, then you've made a great investment. I know I did.

there's a couple of mods that are active, and the guys doing them work hard at keeping up with updates. If you can get the game at a good price and tie the mods in with it, then you've made a great investment. I know I did.

Thanks for the info! I will probably pick this up on the next Steam sale / GamersGate sale (whichever comes first)! The Steam summer sale should be right around the corner...