• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We also have something special planned for August; two smaller DLCs (and no, they are not portrait or unit packs...)

I hope one of them brings enatic succession finally. We could then actually make a mock-up of Sunset Invasion by replacing Aztecs with Amazons! And maybe just more flavour events in general.

The Old Gods is tremendous and Crusader Kings 2 has become one of my favorite games of all time, ranking high in terms of overall enjoyment and hours spent. The support for the game has been phenomenal and I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with next.

If I had a wish, it would be deepening the "human" element of the game somehow. That's what really sets it apart for me from other Paradox games, is that I get invested in the lives of these little pixellated denizens of this imaginary world. More personal events, more character traits, more complexity to relationships. Maybe all pretenders to the throne don't value land over blood. Maybe some characters value family over everything, or religion over everything, or need to be out on the field of battle to feel alive. I would like to feel more like I'm dealing with people, with their own set of quirks, rather than a collection of algorithms.

Solutio to the magyar problem-- make the magyars magyar but when they take hungary make them hungarian and increase revolt risk in the magyar steppe provinces so a liberator is likely to rise up and split hungary/magyar (for culture conversion make it apply to people who hold land in hungary only don't want hungarian culture spread to the bosphorous)

Thanks for these post-mortem's, they're always interesting to read. :)

I also wanted to do something about the Magyars keeping their counties in the Ukraine even after settling in Hungary, but couldn't figure out a good and feasible nomad system in general (the basic game mechanics just do not fit nomadic tribes at all.)

Imo you should use some things from the Republic mechanics. Make Hordes their own government type. Any Horde Government of Ducal or higher, the ruler gains a family holding called 'personal horde'. It would work gamewise like a patrician holding, but be themed around being your character's personal horde. Then make it so Horde Governments get a penalty for holding any other holdings (so you're encouraged to just have your Horde holding and let the rest be vassals). Then with something like this, you can make it so hordes are more likely to declare independence if they don't like your ruler enough, but also more loyal if you've forcibly vassalized them. When the Magyars become Hungary they would become fuedal governments, losing their horde holding and making it pretty likely those vassals that are still hordes will break off.

Ofc this would be a DLC in itself, but an awesome one :laugh:

I think an overhaul of the papacy (cardinals, elections like the republic ones and a completely reworked antipope system) and HRE mechanics (relations with Rome, Antikings etc)

It's interesting to hear about the features that were cut. The paying off the raiders sounds like it would've been pretty cool, as it was used by various cultures across the world to pay off would-be raiders or invaders, including the Byzantines and the Chinese.

It's interesting to hear about the features that were cut. The paying off the raiders sounds like it would've been pretty cool, as it was used by various cultures across the world to pay off would-be raiders or invaders, including the Byzantines and the Chinese.
Not to mention Rollo of course, who was paid off with Normandy (a grant of land) in exchange for baptism and a cessation of hostilities against France.

ToG is really enjoyable, I'm still having a lot of fun playing it and it's definitely got a lot of replayability.

Personally I would like to see a HRE/Papal DLC at some point in the future.

I hope you make it so reformed norse can make use of rune stones and great blot, lots of flavour being lost there with no real reason.

They can use both runestones and great blot right now.

A 3rd dynasty COA pack is in the works. I imagine that'd be one of the two small DLC.
The other one... music?

I see this one mentioned occasionally on the forum. What is it you want with cadet branches? I am not trying to be cheeky, I just honestly don't know what people want with them and I am willing to hear.
Landed dynasty members who're separate, but of a lower rank, from the dynasty head create their own dynasties that are branch families of a sort. They have a similar flag to the founding family, but often incorporate aspects of their primary title's flag as well. It would make it so that someone who puts their dynasty members in control of everything in their realm wouldn't have everything be dynastically controlled, and after a given amount of time they'd all flip to cadet branches.