• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Girlfriends are irrelevant and a waste of time and money. Video games like DH are the only way to go! :laugh:

Stopping the firing hordes

A lot of land was lost against the Mercurian forces. Fortunately, the reinforcements finnaly arrived.
2vv40ec.jpg

In South we started another offensive in the Econ state.
2yo376t.jpg

Even with the help of the reinforcements, the situation seems hopeless.
4qj47.jpg

Anyway, seeing that the Mercurians moved most of their troops in the Northern front, we started an offensive in the Southern front.
2ag1e7k.jpg

The offensive was a succes.
5zpg0o.jpg

A counter-offensive has started. We are again in retreat..
2u7uko7.jpg

October 11, the Martians are losing ground, the Sirussian front is stabilized and the Mercurians are fighting hard against our forces. They are very close to the transporter...
55gl21.jpg

This can't happen. Don't let the Mercurians win!

This is not good. Not at all.

Encirclements

123218444490916111152_090112-171547.jpg

Great developments on the fronts. We managed to encircle 2 Mercurian divisions. In South we are advancing.
ao00nt.jpg

Bad news from the Martians. They are encircled....It look's like they will have to flee to Mars soon.
doki7q.jpg

Forced by the news from the Martian front, we started a big offensive in the Econ state.
jaualw.jpg

no6ot3.jpg

Encirclements on the Mercurian front.
2mzk2th.jpg

2q3t3bq.jpg

November 8, the Martian front is critical, but we are advancing deep into the Sirussian territory, while in the Mercurian front, we managed to attack and retake the lost ground in south, while in north we are holding.
But now, with the arrival of the new reinforcements we are going to push the Mercurians even more!
mua749.jpg

Let them come with their lame nuke launch tanks or stupid flame tanks. We have Leman Russ tanks on our side!

yp6l.png

Keep pushing, and smash those xeno bastards!

In the sense of absurdist incongruity. IE, that fact that a sandbox World War II game, played as the Germans, has seen an alien invasion and conquest of earth, to a fallout-style reconquest of the planet, complete with mutants, robots, etc., to the formation of a One World Government that has traveled through a transporter in Moscow to the planet Sirius, which is inhabited by alien races from various planets, and which includes various fronts against Mercurians, Martians, etc., as humans take the fight to the alien homeworld.

In summary: a World War II AAR has now spanned hundreds of years, several mods, a couple planets, and a dozen alien species.

Please understand I mean this to be complimentary; if I wasn't enjoying it, I wouldn't be reading it or subbed - and I certainly wouldn't have read the first 46 pages in one sitting.

EDIT:
In other words, this is the most unusual, extended, and epic Hearts of Iron AAR ever!

Thank you for the kind words.
I tried to make the AAR different from the others... To bring something new. It looks like I succeded, but this only with the support from my readers. :)

You certainly have! It is the definition of incongruity that I came here to read a WWII AAR with aliens, and we now find ourselves attacking two species on two fronts on another planet!

Did you make the mods or did you find them elsewhere?

Leman Russ? Nah, I was thinking something a little more practical, like this:

img_0894.jpg

The Counter-Offensive

The great counter-offensive has started on the Mercurian front.
vowjz5.jpg

Back in the Sirussian front, the Econ state is annexed. A big militarist country is down..
2py6n9t.jpg

The counter-offensive is a succes! Now we are marching into the Svinian state! First Mercurian territories to fall..
2yv2vfd.jpg

Another Sirussian state is conquered.
x5zijb.jpg

December 16. After months of Mercurian attacks, we finnaly turned the tide in our favour with the help of the reinforcements.
In South, we conquered 2 strong Sirussian states .. but the front is getting larger as we are getting to the main Sirussian base. With some luck we will manage to link with the Martians before it's too late.
Unfortunately, we are running out of reinforcements. Almost all of the troops from Earth are fighting on Sirus.
2hrkh14.jpg

Nice progress!