• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As someone who fell in love with the genre and especially the EU games when I played EU 2, I miss the days when I could hear what age I was in by listening to the music. In EU 2 the music was century-specific and it really made me feel like the world was changing when suddenly the music changed.

So, will we be able to implement a mod to achieve this in EU4? I would love to play EU 4 with the music from EU 2

A thousand times this. I loved the way the music got a little more sophisticated as it went on in EU2, and I really missed that feature in EU3.

Did they really do that? Could you give an example?

It would start with proto-renaissance music and then switch to things like Baroque and proto-Romantic later on. It was really vastly superior to EU3's score, despite EU3's score being pretty good too.

Honestly it reminded me of the old Civilization thing where your cities look different as time went on. I liked it.

I'm still hoping for the EU1 music pack DLC, in all it's tinny glory.
What was it like? Just Johan whistling in a 90s mic? :p

You can implement the eu3 songs but you have to make them *.ogg format instead of mp3, best if you have the soundtrack cd. Recompressing to a new compressed format (mp3>ogg) directly is bad for the fidelity. You loose more and more of the higher harmonics this way which makes it dull to the ear.
You can then add them to the music "playlist" file of your choosing, (if this doesnt change).

Sorry for replying to an old thread but I found this while searching for information about converting EU3 music from MP3 to OGG. So it's advised to do it from soundtrack CD directly instead, where would I obtain the CD? I'm guessing http://www.amazon.com/Europa-Univer...-1&keywords=europa+universalis+iii+soundtrack is the one.