+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Music

The Music

Dear Developers,

I think that one thing that EU4 needs to do is use some of the music from the previous games, or at least mildly modified versions of these songs. A lot of successful series have a theme

(for instance Halo and Battlefield)

that will always be associated with that series. Even if it's not the main theme being the same, having Conquistador (Eu3 main theme) pop up as soon as I establish my first colony in the Americas would be extremely nostalgic and awesome, and would make me remember that this is a series that I have played for a while, and that another game will probably follow it that I should get as well.

Yes. I love the EU music. I haven't played EU3 in a long time (damn you, CK2 and V2!), but when I heard the music on the last stream of EU4... oh my!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ring-side seat at the boxing match of appearance vs reality
    I think this is going to be absolutely the case. I'm almost completely sure I heard a redux of 'Parabellum' during a livestream or another multiplayer video.
    Always a pleasure.
    - Lorik Qui'in

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Conquistador was also heard in one of the streams. And IIRC Frederick said on twitter that he considered that one of the most iconic tunes in game music history, so I'm quite sure it's in.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Yeah! I'm all for it. Bethesda did a similar coup with the Dragonborn expansion for Skyrim, playing old songs from Morrowind. It sure brought both one and two tears to my eyes hearing those classics in there.

Wow that was some pretty agreement.

Nice to know that there are signs they are keeping the old songs in it.

And stilgarpi, is it an oh my! good or oh my! bad?

Quote Originally Posted by RabidAnubis View Post
    Wow that was some pretty agreement.

Nice to know that there are signs they are keeping the old songs in it.

And stilgarpi, is it an oh my! good or oh my! bad?
    Good, of course.
    And you should read it in Takei's voice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSKkwzwdW4

Falalalan is quite the mascot music of EU right?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ring-side seat at the boxing match of appearance vs reality
    Quote Originally Posted by artesox View Post
    Falalalan is quite the mascot music of EU right?
    Someone (I can't recall if it was on the EU3 or 4 forum) directed my attention to this version, which I find excellent.

Always a pleasure.
    - Lorik Qui'in

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteMajesty 2
    Rome GoldSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesV2 BetaEU Rome Collectors EditionHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by The Bishop View Post
    I think this is going to be absolutely the case. I'm almost completely sure I heard a redux of 'Parabellum' during a livestream or another multiplayer video.
    This is correct, theres a song called "The Stage is Set" in EU4 which is a remake of the eu3 maintheme from which Para Bellum also is originated. But theres statements of the eu3 themes incorporated throughout the score.
    Andreas Waldetoft
    Music Composer for Paradox Development Studios

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhole View Post
    This is correct, theres a song called "The Stage is Set" in EU4 which is a remake of the eu3 maintheme from which Para Bellum also is originated. But theres statements of the eu3 themes incorporated throughout the score.
    So, no original EU3 songs in EU4? Could we add them manually (like, copying the files from EU3 or something) or maybe there could be a DLC "Classic Songs" (for free if you have EU3 )

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDungeonlandEU3 CompleteMajesty 2
    Rome GoldSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesV2 BetaEU Rome Collectors EditionHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by stilgarpl View Post
    So, no original EU3 songs in EU4? Could we add them manually (like, copying the files from EU3 or something) or maybe there could be a DLC "Classic Songs" (for free if you have EU3 )
    You can implement the eu3 songs but you have to make them *.ogg format instead of mp3, best if you have the soundtrack cd. Recompressing to a new compressed format (mp3>ogg) directly is bad for the fidelity. You loose more and more of the higher harmonics this way which makes it dull to the ear.
    You can then add them to the music "playlist" file of your choosing, (if this doesnt change).
    Andreas Waldetoft
    Music Composer for Paradox Development Studios

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Sadly, not many people with the EU3 CE edition still around.

*polishes his shiny golden helmet* :3
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

As someone who fell in love with the genre and especially the EU games when I played EU 2, I miss the days when I could hear what age I was in by listening to the music. In EU 2 the music was century-specific and it really made me feel like the world was changing when suddenly the music changed.

So, will we be able to implement a mod to achieve this in EU4? I would love to play EU 4 with the music from EU 2
    Nancy Astor: If you were my husband, I'd poison your tea
    Winston Churchill: Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!

It's Reigning Meatballs! - a Swedish AAR - abandoned

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Check out the new sticky thread music fans!

If the music in EU4 is anything like it's main theme it's going to be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99_qehhZUds

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I've just listened to the main theme and I think it is wonderful! What brings me particular joy is the fact the piece was recorded (as seen in the video), not synthesised - is the whole soundtrack like this?
    As to the music from older instalments of the EU series: I've spent countless hours playing EU2, but while the music featured there made me interested in renaissance music and I certainly miss its "authenticity" when I play EU3, I also enjoy the original soundtracks form the more recent Paradox titles. When I am bored of them, I can easily add some period music form my CD collection or even switch to it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhole View Post
    This is what I wanted, thanks It would be boring ofc if it was exactly the same, but if what you say is pulled off well then I will be more than satisfied.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Well, there's already a DLC for HOI3 which provides tracks from HOI2...

http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-HOI3SC...ds-of-conflict

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by stilgarpl View Post
    You can just have the music playing while you play the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast