• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wilkey

Captain
1 Badges
Mar 9, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
la2w.jpg

- A hive of scum and villainy​

The Mansion of House Mauro - Republic of Amalfi 867

Patrician Sico Mauro have a big problem. He is 42 and still not married. Despite this somehow he managed to secure two children, their mother is not a subject Sico is whiling to speak about so she will never be mentioned, Sico is a shy man that spend most of his time locked away in the Mauro family mansion’s great library.

It was a morning like any other in the library but on this fateful day something happen, something that would change the Mauro family forever. Sico was sitting in his favorite chair with a good book, he was drinking a strange exotic drink made of beans from Africa, the captain of his latest shipment from Egypt brought them along.

“No future in this stuff, people will never drink it” he though to him self and continued to read his book.

Sico’s trail of thought was interrupted by a large bump in the other end of the library, he quickly rushed to see what coursed the noise, a large bookshelf had collapsed as spilled it’s bounty of books all over the floor. “worthless piece of crap” Sico cursed loudly when a strange book caught his eye, there was no title on the cover but the book’s silver binding and occult patterns was strangely inviting to Sico, completely mesmerized Sico grabbed the book and started reading.

On the first page the book’s title became all to clear, “The secret word of Zoroaster. The joy of intermarriage” , after spending the night reading Sico called his children in to see him the very next day.

Kids, we are converting to Zoroastrisme!

mmq5.jpg

- The Hero of our story *cough* dirty old man *cough*.​

Neither of Sico’s children where particular religious and Sico was known far and wise as a big cynic him self. “We would be the laughing stock of the republic if we did that” objected Sico’s son Adelferio, “The doge would run us out of town” he continued on clearly upset.

m6xp.jpg

- Christianity, the foolishness of youth, no wonder he is stressed.​

“You let me worry about the doge and do as I say boy” Sico was a patrician of well rounded skills but suffered from a horrible people skills, in fact he rarely had any social interactions except with his two children and the had always done what he wanted, and yet now his own son thinks to question him, what had the world come to.

Adelferio’s arguments continued on but Sico dismissed them all, Adelferio’s arguments kept getting more and more heated. If a regular courtlier had dared to speak to Sico this way that person would ether have to spend a undisclosed amount to time in prison or suffer a flogging, but Sico restrained him self when it came to his son, he did after all love his children.

In fact he “really” loved his children, or more precisely he loved his 18 year daughter Marotta, she was the most beautiful women in all of Amalfi and many young bachelors dreamed of marrying her, yes Marotta was a delicate flower and Sico had some forbidden desires about her, some VERY un-Christian desires, actually this whole Zoroastrisme thing really stemmed from Sico’s secret wish to merry his own daughter, he could care less if his son was onboard or not, aslong as he could get Marotta converted.

2r38.jpg

- So beautiful, so forbidden.​

“What do you think about Zoroastrisme darling?” Asked Sico longingly.

“I trust you father. I don’t know anything about Zoroastrisme, but if you say we must convert, I will convert.” Marotta responded in a submissive voice.

“You are both crazy and I will have no part in this” objected Adelferio and stormed out of the room, Sico didn’t care, all he could think off was how he was going to explain the finer details of Zoroastrisme to his daughter.

------------------------------------------

And so ends the introduction to my Zoroastrian Republic AAR, hopefully my horrible spelling skillz didn’t let to many errors slip though. As you might have noticed from the title, this AAR will be a bit on the humorous side.

My apologies to anyone that feel offended by how creepy Sico is, but its pretty much what you can expect from a AAR called “How inbred can you get?”.

There is no particular goal in this AAR except to survive and prosper, which of course isn’t as easy as it sounds when you are a Zoroastrian Republic, I will be trying to role-play it a bit based on my character’s traits and I will keep it interesting by not cheesing to much, a few preset rules, I won’t be buying the elections by putting loads of gold in the election fund and I’ll limit my self to just one concubines and it have to fit the story.

You have probably noticed that I did some save game hacking to turn Sico and Marotta Zoroastrian and also to set up the Mauro family’s traits for the introduction, I don’t consider it any different then using the ruler creator and I tried to keep their stats/traits pretty fair. The rest of the game will be done cheat free, the only exception will be if I get some event that magically turning me none-Zoroastrian (like a liege placing his court chaplain in my county) in that case I’ll switch back if I can't switch naturally. If I get wiped out horrible as a Zoroastrian republic the AAR ends, hopefully no matter what happens it will end with one messed up family tree.

I hope you will keep reading as we find out just how inbred the Mauro family can get.

Table of contents
Chapter 1 - The marriage of Sico Mauro & Marotta Mauro
Chapter 2 - Life as a Zoroastrian
Chapter 3 - War and family
Chapter 4 - Giuseppa Mauro
Chapter 5 - The year of 869 Part I: Neapolis
Chapter 6 - The year of 869 Part II: Salerno
Chapter 7 - One less threat to the establishment
Chapter 8 - Ones you go Zoroastrian, you never go back
Chapter 9 - The Stratagem
Chapter 10 - War never changes
Chapter 11 - Innocence lost
Chapter 12 - The Sardinian vacation
Chapter 13 - A hidden plot
Chapter 14 - The gambit
Chapter 15 - Niphon Mauro
Chapter 16 - Sico become Doge
Chapter 17 - A friend in faith
Chapter 18 - A night to remember
Chapter 19 - Sico’s burial
Chapter 20 - The feast
Chapter 21 - Morning after

Last edited:
Reactions:
Chapter 1 - The marriage of Sico Mauro & Marotta Mauro.

It was a cold January day in Amalfi, Marotta was in the church waiting for her wedding, many times had she dreamed of how her wedding would take place, but never quite like this marrying her own father. Sico had assured her that it was all perfectly natural and that she would not go to hell for doing it, but as soon as she started to walk the aisle she could see the contempt in people’s eyes and hear their hushed whispers all around her. Waiting for her at the alter was Sico along with a Catholic priest dressed in an exotic Zoroastrian costume.

The priest was clearly uncomfortable with the whole situation, but the large sack of gold that Sico had presented him the night before was enough for him to overcome any fear of what the pope might do to him for sanctifying this marriage, after several sentences in Persian, half of which the priest botched, the final ceremony was ready to commence, it was clearly not a Zoroastrian ceremony, but it was tradition

“Do you, Sico Mauro, take this women before you as you lawful wedded spouse?” asked the priest trying to sound as holy as he possibly could.

“I do” Answered Sico firmly.

“And do you, Marotta Mauro, take this man before you as you lawful wedded spouse?” asked the priest, looking at the poor girl and trying his best not to check her out at her own wedding.

Before answering Marotta toke a look around the church, her eye searched for her brother but he was oddly missing from the crowd. She had half expected him to come storming in the last moment and save her from trouble like he always used to do when they were children, this time however she was on her own, her gaze turned back to Sico and she knew the expression on his face well, it was the one he always had when he really wanted her to something.

“I do” she said lowering her head.

“Then I now declare you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride”

pp0x.jpg

-Ahura who?​

The Mauro mansion. Around a week after the wedding.

The front door of the mansion swung open and Adelferio came strolling in, wobbling for one side to the other, he had been missing since the day of the wedding. There where brushes all over his face and a fresh scar on his cheek, you didn’t have to be a doctor to see that he had been in a fight and from the condition he was in, he clearly lost the battle.

What happened to you, boy” Sico asked concerned, he quickly waved at a servant, to get some bandages for his son.

*Hic* “I was defending the family honor” Adelferio responded, clearly drunk.

After giving his son a disapproving look Sico spoke “And who might I ask would dare sullying our family honor?”

“EVERYONE” Adelferio screamed loudly, raising his arms in frustration, “THE WHOLE REPUBLIC IS LAUGHING AT US”

“That’s enough boy, go to your room and sleep it off, we will have a talk about your behavior tomorrow” Sico responded desperately trying to discipline his son, despite his best efforts an insult duel quickly commenced.

“YOU TYRANT”

“YOU LITTLE BRAT”

“YOU UNHOLY PERVERT”

“YOU HALFWITTED DISAPPOINTMENT”

The father and son continued slinging insults for a few moments, when Marotta came down the stairs, she had heard the shouting and had come to investigate. “Ohh no, poor Adelferio, what on earth happened to you” she said, rushing over and trying to gently nurse Adelferio’s wounds.

“Take care of your brother and put him in his bed, then come and see me in the study” Sico commanded trying to restore his authority over the family.

“Yes, of course father… I mean, of course husband”

“Good girl”

A few hours and some skillful bandaging later, Marotta joined her father/husband in the study, he was sitting before a large board with a map of Sicily, on it was several small wooden towers depicting all the current players on the southern end of the Italian peninsular, to the north was the Karling mega state of Italy and to the south the declining Byzantine empire, in the middle was the smaller players.

“What do you think of Capua” asked Sico as his young wife joined him at the board.

pquh.jpg

-Ripe for the picking, or is it…​

“Its nice I suppose, I‘m sorry, why are you asking me about Capua?” Marotta responded confused.

“I am thinking about moving us there, “you brother was out of line, but he is right. Amalfi is a close-minded place with close minded people” Sico said, still angry from the fight with his son.

“And Capua isn‘t?” Marotta responded mockingly.

“It will be very open-minded, after I become the mayor of the city” Sico’s tune had turned from one of anger to a playful one.

“I see” said Marotta slightly paralyzed

“Why are you still standing there? Come sit on your old man’s lap” Sico continued, he was clearly better at this Zoroastrian thing then his daughter.

Marotta did as she was commanded and toke a set on her father’s lap, she had sat here many times when she was younger listening to Sico’s wild stories of his adventures as a young ship captain in the merchant navy of Marotta’s grandfather. This time however sitting on her Sico’s lap felt very different and very naughty.

“Now give your husband a kiss”

Marotta gave her father a quick kiss on the cheek.

“No, on the mouth”

“So ahh… Capua, how are you going to become mayor or the city?” Asked Marotta, evading having to tongue kiss her father and any possible follow up else that Sico might have in mind.

“I‘ll build a trade post there and use the trade connections to seize the city, then you will become queen of the city, showered in gold and jewelry, but lets not talk about that now.”

“No, that would be a huge mistake.” Said Marotta and quickly jumped out of Sico lap, she moved a few of the wooden towers around on the map trying to confuse Sico. “The count of Capua is very zealous and we are Zoroastrian, he would do anything he could to increase the cost if our family build a trade post in his city, we should focus on Neapolis instead”

Sico considered his daughter’s words for monument, he was a skilled merchant but his daughter had shown a great talent for bookkeeping and haggling, also she spend far more time talk to people and get the word of the town then Sico did, Capua looked good on paper with a second city nearby to take over later but the more Sico though about it, the more he started agreed with his daughter‘s arguments, a trade post in Neapolis would be far cheaper and the city is better upgraded then Capua.

“What would I ever do without you sweetheart, Neapolis it is”

“Great, I will get started on the plans for the trade post right away” Said Marotta as she was hurrying out of the room before Sico could start his next advance.

ecuc.jpg

-A trade post is worth more then a night with Marotta, right?​

I'm interested.
Also, you're Zoroastrian, you have no family Tree. Only a Line, no branches allowed.
I glad to see there is interest right from the start, very true about the line, although it might go in circles a few times.

I can this AAR going places. Terrifying places.
ohh, it will go terrifying places.

Oh dear. Well this will be... different.
Hopefully different will be... good.

Chapter 2 - Life as a Zoroastrian.

The newly constructed Mauro family trade post in Neapolis.

ul.jpg

-The jewel of Neapolis.​

“Hamazor Hama Ashobed, Brother”

“What???”

“It means, I am well, I hope you are to brother, its a common Zoroastrian greeting”. Lately the only way Marotta had been able to live with her self and the things she had to do with her father, was by fully embracing the Zoroastrian religion and convincing her self that the she was doing the will of Ahura Mazda.

“Don‘t give me that crap, you know how I feel about your marriage” Adelferio replied angrily.

“My marriage have nothing to do with it, its about faith” Marotta objected, trying to sounds sincere

“In the eyes of our father, faith and marriage are the same thing. He only care about what’s between his legs” Said Adelferio, mocking his sister.

A small crystal-clear tear fell down Marotta’s left cheek and despite her best effort a second one soon followed, after realizing what effect his harsh words had on his sister, Adelferio quickly toke her in his arms and started to try and comfort her. Not sure what to say Adelferio went with the most standard sentence of comfort he could think off, “There, there, its not so bad, at least you still have your family”.

It would seem that Adelferio had ones again put his foot in his mouth and said the wrong thing, because his sister was soon in full tears and wept loudly for several minutes.

After Marotta finally stopped crying and had taken a few moments to collect herself, the pair went for a walk on the docks of Neapolis, hoping to enjoy the view and catch up on what’s been going with the other person. “What‘s new in Amalfi” asked Adelferio, he had spend the last several months in Neapolis working on finishing the trade post, Marotta had only visited a few times during the last year, mainly to help out with issues that required diplomacy and tact, something Adelferio did not possess. While Marotta didn’t come to Neapolis often, she greatly enjoyed visiting, as it gave her a chance to talk with her brother and get away from her marriage duties.

“The doge made our father high judge”

“Hahaha, what a joke, our father throws servants in jail, just for spilling wine on him” laughed Adelferio.

“Joke or not, father have already had three people put to death, and he sentenced Patrician Musco‘s son to a public spanking”

“Giovanni!, wasn‘t he sweet on you?”

“Yes, that’s why father sentenced him to a spanking”

dukj.jpg

-I am the law.​

“What else is going back home” asked Adelferio, hungry for more news.

“You know those new Zoroastrian courtiers that showed up after we converted, well our father have send a agent to Constantinople to try and pick up any Zoroastrian women whiling to merry one of them, apparently the Muslims are forcing the Zoroastrians out of Persia and many of the Zoroastrian women end up selling their bodies on the streets of Constantinople”

“Yes, that sounds like something our father would do, recruitment drives for lose women, ever whore in Constantinople will probably show up on our doorstep claming to be a dethroned Zoroastrian princess”

“You shouldn‘t be so hard on them, the councilors work hard and the deserve some happiness” objected Marotta.

“Do we now, well if our dear father wanted his counsel happy and married, then why am I stuck up here with crap pay and no wife.” Adelferio was on the Mauro counsel as Sico’s marshal and part of his job in Neapolis was to look for able men, that he could be send back to reinforce the Mauro army in Amalfi.

“He will find you a wife, when he finds a good Zoroastrian match” Marotta assured her brother.

“That’s what I am afraid off”

lv.jpg

-Working hard or hardly working?​

“Our father made me the Eran Ambaragbed” said Marotta, trying to change the conversation to a happier subject.

“The what now?”

“Eran Ambaragbed, it means minister of magazines, supposedly it was a great honor in the old Zoroastrian empires” Marotta beamed proudly.

“He just gave you that title because it had the word bed in it” joked Adelferio.

“Not truth, he said it is to help signify my new position as the lady of our house”

“Yes, it has the word bed in it”

“Shut up, you”

ajg9.jpg

-A high honor surely, if only we knew what an Eran Ambaragbed actually did.​

“Is he treating you well?” Adelferio’s voice became more serious. From the sound of his voice and the look in his eyes, you could see that this wasn’t a question that Adelferio wanted to ask, but he choose to anyway out of concern for his sister.

“Father have always taken care of us, and he makes sure I have everything I could possibly want” Marotta replied diplomatically.

“That’s not what I meant, and you know it, Is he treating you well?” Adelferio asked one again with a firm voice, it was clear that he wanted an straight answer from his sister and he wasn’t asking about Sico’s charming personality.

“It‘s… easier now, then it was at the at the beginning, if I think of someone else while doing it, it isn‘t that bad” Marotta answered, trying to look strong.

“That pig”

“Its what I have to do, a wife’s duties is holy to Ahura Mazda” Said Marotta, perhaps trying to convince her self more, then her brother.

“I don‘t care if it is holy, its sick”

“At least farther have been stressed about the Neapolis plan lately, so I have been able to slip away from him on a few occasions”

yfbv.jpg

-Maybe the pressure of performing for his young new wife is finally starting to get to Sico.

Last edited:
I like this. I like this a lot and that's surprising since I normally don't like the the conversation style. But doing stupidly ahistorical AARs is my love, so I'm glad to see this and will follow it with a happy smile.
I'm glad you like it, I am still not sure how dominate the conversation style will be, it wasn't really something I planed on, it just come more natural to me to write that way, I actually scraped half a page of none-conversation style text from chapter 2, because it turned out to bland and boring.

I await the moment she is pregnant, I feel it in my bones that it will be glorious.
Its not like she will give birth to the antichrist......

Are there any genetic consequences after several generations of inbreeding? Or does it just pass down more of your family traits?
I have heard the rumours but I can assure you that there are no negative genetic consequences after several generations of inbreeding, in fact just the opposite, its all perfectly natural.
-Sico Mauro

Zoroastrianism acts like the Divine Blood modifier so the Inbred trait is less likely to show up than it would normally. But kids are more likely to be born insane.
I am actually running with a experimental self made mini mod that change Zoroastrianism a bit, I probably should have mentioned it in the intro, but it slipped my mind.

What it dos, is it get rid of the Divine Blood modifier on fertility but compensate by increasing the chance for kids to be born with the inbred trait, it also makes it so inbred characters can't get incapable, its no fun if your inbred kids never grow up, of course it is a experimental self made mini mod, so maybe it will do nothing at all, or maybe it will blow up my computer.

I'm pleasantly surprised. I was expecting this to be more of a slapstick comedy from the title, but I like the effort you're putting into keeping the relationships realistic despite the absurdity of the starting premise.

Also, Sico is a dirty old man, and I hope something horrible happens to him. But not before he leaves a decent inheritance to his children, of course.

Definitely an interesting start and an original concept. I haven't tried playing as a Zoroastrian yet, but I might have to give it a go!

Chapter 3 - War and family.

9m5.jpg

-You have no obligations what so ever, unless war is declared.​

Battle journal of Adelferio Mauro. Commander of the house Mauro army.

Its finally time, this is the monument that our family have been worked towards for an entire year, my father, patrician Sico Mauro has officially declared war for the city of Neapolis, I was a bit surprised when I received the letter that told me, I was to be the commander of the Mauro army, my father and I haven’t been on the best of turns ever since his conversion and I have spend the most of the last year in a self imposed exile, burying my self in working on the trade post and trying to forget the ungodly atrocities committed by my father.

As I entered the city of my birth, the first thing that greeted me was the yells of the common rabble, “FREAK”, “DEMONSPAWN” those where some of the less vulgar screams I encountered on my way to our family holding, the closer to the mansion I got the more intense the insults got, a few times I had to dodge pieces of horse excrements thrown at me. Why did the people of Amalfi hate me so, unlike my father I am still a devout Catholic but even when I passed a church, the priest in front of it gave me a look of pure contempt and started preaching about the hell that awaited me about death, Is this what my sister and my father had to go though every day living here, the thought hunted me as I walked the final steeps into my childhood home.

My father deserved every bit of ridicule he got but my sister didn‘t, my poor little sister, she was innocent in all this, all she had done was being loyal to her family and honoring our father’s wishes even at the cost of her own happiness, I had to get her away from this city, after seeing the people of Amalfi's hate for my self, there was no choice for me now, I had to win the war for Neapolis, not for my self, but to create a safe heaven for my sister, a place where she didn‘t have to be ridiculed by these vermin every day.

When I entered the family mansion, it was very different sight from what I had left behind. Large banners with Persian writing hang on the old stone walls, the flowerpots and Christian crosses that I remembered from my childhood had been replaced with exotic inscents and strange statues of half naked women, I could only assume the had some kind of Zoroastrian significance. My father greeted me from the balcony as I entered, along side him stood my sister, when she saw me her face seemed to light up and she gave me a wide smile, I always remembered that she use to constantly have a smile on her face, when we where younger but these days it was a rare thing.

We convinced in the study, away from the prying eyes of the servants and courtiers, my father was surprisingly civil during our encounter, I imagined it was more likely due to my sister’s influence then his desire to be friendly, after we had taken a set in the antique chairs, he spoke with an uncharacteristically friendly voice “I know we had our difference in the past Adelferio, but I want Neapolis to be a new beginning for us”.

He just used my name, usually he just called me boy or something else, equally demeaning, I wasn’t sure what to make of this. Could it be that I had finally managed to gain my father’s respect, if so, what would that mean for the religious schism between us, I knew he would never come back to Christianity, he was to far gone, but could he accept that I wanted no part of his Zoroastrisme, I listened on hoping that this wasn’t some kind of cruel joke.

“I still hope that you will reconsider and join your sister and me in the one true faith, but family is more important then faith and we have been at odds for far to long, after we take Neapolis, I want us to be a family again”, you could clearly see that his speech had been practiced in front of a mirror but did he really mean it, I would like to reconcile but only if I could stay Christian.

“What if we don‘t managed to take Neapolis” I asked, trying to apprise how much respect I had really gained.

A line of angry could be seen on father’s face, he never liked being questioned or disagreed with, but he suppressed his emotions for the sake of diplomacy. “We have to take it, I have to much invested in this war to lose” Sico paused for moment trying to recall the rest of his speech, “I know you want to get married, to show my sincerity after we take Neapolis I will allow you to find a wife of your own choosing, all I ask is that she renounce the catholic church and embrace Zoroastrianism, If she is only going to pay lip service to the faith that is up you, but she must renounce the false church”.

“What about my faith?” I asked.

He was clearly uncomfortable that he still haven’t be able to convert me but he responded softly. “As I said, family is more important then faith, you can follow your heresy freely as long as you keep it out of my house”

I toke a deep breath and started twitching my fingers, it was a little ritual that I preformed when I was uncomfortable or had to make a big decision. There was no mistake, if I refused my father’s offer he would surely disown me, as bad as that might sound, I had actually considered leaving several time during the last year, I could go live with my cousin in Genoa and leave all this behind, Genoa was a busy city on the raise and the could always use skilled people there, I could become respect and merry a chistian woman there, maybe be happy for the first time in long while.

“Please Adelferio”, my dreams of Genoa was interrupted by my sister‘s voice, she had been standing next to father’s chair listening to the conversation, she still had that lovely smile on her face but her eyes betrayed a deep desperation, I thought about my reasons for going to war in the first place. I couldn’t leave her behind, my sister would never survive left alone with our father “Very well, I agree to your conditions father”, I said, knowing that it was the right thing to do.

A sign of relief appeared both of their faces, “Its settled then, lets have the follow up conversation later and focus on the war instead, we still have a battle to win” hours and strategizing follow, it was decided that I would take the main army and lead the charge while my father pined down the enemy with the skirmisher retinue from the left.

p5sm.jpg

-The HMA(House Mauro Army).​

Day 1. We have engaged the Neapolis forces in the lower plains near their city, our intel suggest that the enemy force is lead by count Gregorios of Neapolis him self. The entire war depend on the outcome of this battle, if all go’s as plans we should win handily but I remember what my old military instructor used to told me “In war nothing is certain”, the harass tactic I have chosen seems to be working fairly well, there where some grumbling amount my archers, since we can use them during this phase of the combat for fear that the might hit our own Cavalry out in the field, the Skirmish retinue lead by my father have already routed the spineless peasant on the left flank, the retinue composed mainly of archers but have been positioned to strike the back side of the count’s main force barraging the enemy with arrows and forcing them forward into my cavalry.

vf59.jpg

-What’s the matter bro, did your flanks spawn without moral.​

Day 18. After weeks of bloody battle we have finally won the field, now its just a matter of chasing down the army and sieging Aversa castle, then the war will be over.

Day 23. We followed the enemy army back into the plains of Amalfi, thanks to my organizing skills we where able to arrive before our fleeing opponents and greet them with a storm of arrows, I was giving battle orders from a fortified position behind our army when a heavily guarded carriage arrived, it was my sister Marotta.

“What on earth are you doing here?, its not safe for a women on a battlefield, if the Neapolis troops catch you, the will have you executed or worse”

“I doubt the could do anything worse to me, then what I have already been though” she said softly, untouched by the carnage taking place in the distance.

“Maybe so, but you still shouldn‘t be here” I was franticly looking around for any potential threats that could harm her.

I looked at the faces of the solders guarding me, it was clear that the men hadn’t seen a woman in a long time and my sister’s pleasing physic drew ever more onlookers, “Please, its important, I need to talk with you and father alone” she spoke.

“He is out fighting in the field… Ohh, very well, I‘ll send a messenger to him” I ordered one of my lieutenants to take command and send word to my father, meanwhile I escorted Marotta away from the lustful eyes of my soldiers.

After a few hours of waiting, our father joined us in he command tent, I had to look away for a bit when he kissed Marotta upon laying eyes on her, “ father is here now” I interrupted, “I think its time you tell us why you are here”

“I am with child”

In disbelieve at her words I stared at my father for a bit, he had a look of similar shock on his face, how was this possible? I had never in my wildest dream believed this could happen between a father and his daughter, had god really abandoned my family so completely, there could be no other explanation for this pregnancy, I could see my sister was starting to get uncomfortable with the silence that followed her news, so I decided to try my best to act okay with the situation, “That‘s great sis, are you sure it’s a pregnancy though?”

“The doctor said that there could be no mistake, I wanted to tell you both in person… I had to tell you both in person” She answered with a trembling voice.

“Indeed, leave you sister alone, her son is a miracle” My father blurred out.

“What if it’s a girl” I asked, trying to unbalance him.

“It’s a boy, I feel it in my bones, he will be a shining exemplar to all Zoroastrian, this pregnancy is proof that we are favored, not just by Ahura Mazda but also by the Christian god” he continued on in that preachy voice of his.

I know that ever my father didn’t believe his own words, but I had to think of my sister. If she was going to have a baby, it was even more important then ever, that we got out of Amalfi.

2tx6.jpg

- ohh dear, who could be inside.​

I'm pleasantly surprised. I was expecting this to be more of a slapstick comedy from the title, but I like the effort you're putting into keeping the relationships realistic despite the absurdity of the starting premise.

Also, Sico is a dirty old man, and I hope something horrible happens to him. But not before he leaves a decent inheritance to his children, of course.
Thank for the compliment, I have always enjoyed reading AAR that focused on character development over conquest my self, so it was that kind of AAR I wanted to create.

I am glad you hate Sico, that was exactly the response I was going for, just keep in mind that like in real life, in this AAR even the most depraved person have a few redeeming qualities and even the most innocent person could harbour a terrible secret.

I do adore it when lieges give you titles to try and improve your impression of them while hating you all the same. If I'm going to give you a title, I might as well insult you while I do it.
Yes it is pretty funny, its one of those little quirks that make CK2, the awesome story generator that it is. When I see that message, I just go, hmm if I was the doge why would I be sending a message in that manner, do I have some hidden agenda, what's his story... no no no, got to focus on the Mauros.

Always good to see more Zoroastrian AARs!
People just can't get enough that inbreed trait, huh, keep up the good work with your ARR. :)

Good to see original AARs. I can't wait for more!
More you shall have, I can't promises it won't be horrible arbitrary oppressing of a poor girl, but more you shall have.

Definitely an interesting start and an original concept. I haven't tried playing as a Zoroastrian yet, but I might have to give it a go!
Beside this one, I have done a Karen play though, its definitely interesting playing as a Zoroastrian, at one point I was married to my sister and my concubines consisted of my daughter, my other sister and my aunt.