• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I use 4-track for 2 lines:
1 line going north to south, the other going south to north.
Line 1 stops at every stop, till it reaches the south station, then it goes on the middle track, immediately back to the north station.
Line 2 does the same, but then from south to north.

This system allows for immediate peak-coverage, and the return trip is very valued by the CIMS(because you don't need to stop EVERYWHERE).

What a great idea. I'll have to try that.

pub

The express stops picture neatly illustrates a problem (bug) in the generation complex trackwork.

The LH junction connects both tracks to both platform loops, The RH track only connects the outer loop and the inner RH track connects only to the inner loop. This does create problems!

It would be nice if this could be fixed by CO before they abandon CIM2 to develop their new game, Cities Skyline!

The express stops picture neatly illustrates a problem (bug) in the generation complex trackwork.

The LH junction connects both tracks to both platform loops, The RH track only connects the outer loop and the inner RH track connects only to the inner loop. This does create problems!

It would be nice if this could be fixed by CO before they abandon CIM2 to develop their new game, Cities Skyline!

It would be nice, but it's not gonna happen.

But what difference does it make? As long as the stations function the lack of another switch is unimportant.

Yes it would be useful if all four tracks switched to two tracks. Hopefully when CO gets their very ambitious new project off the ground and hopefully with big success they will be able to employ someone to fix CIM2. That's what I'm hoping for.

They are nice people and proud of what they have created. We now know why they have not been working on CIM2. But CIM2 is a great game in its own right. I'm sure they'll come back to it if their present project is successful.