• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cigol1234

Corporal
9 Badges
May 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
Alot of people have dream video games and dream movies and I was wondering whether there were any of you out there who have dream CK2 mods like me.

Mine would have to be a Europa Barbarorum CK2 combination. With the CK2 game mechanics but set in a Europa Barbarorum style theme and setting spanning from 272 B.C. to 14 A.D., allowing you to play as the Greek cities, the Diadochoi kingdoms, the Romans, the Carthaginians, the Gaulic kingdoms or one of the many independent tribes of the time like the Galatians. Alot of the game mechanics are already available like the Greek city states could have CK2 republic mechanics and CK2 Empire mechanics for the Diadochoi and independant tribes. And there could be migrations similar to the Old Gods Magyars but for the Saka Rauka and the Galatians.

But it will never happen. Does anyone else have their own idea for a CK2 mod?

Pendor from the Prophesy of Pendor mod for Mount and Blade: Warband.

I've wanted to do a complete overhaul mod based on the post-steampunk post-apocalyptic period of history in one of the worlds I have for my creative writing projects. Well, steampunk might be a bit too strong a word to use, but it sort of gets the point across. Maybe I'll do it someday when I'm finished with VIET, which will probably be never.

a massive event pack that contains literally thousands of flavour events. I know there are a lot of event mods there, but they're still not enough to fill the voids left by peace - then again, there's no such thing as "too many events" in a character-driven game such as this.

I've wanted to do a complete overhaul mod based on the post-steampunk post-apocalyptic period of history in one of the worlds I have for my creative writing projects. Well, steampunk might be a bit too strong a word to use, but it sort of gets the point across. Maybe I'll do it someday when I'm finished with VIET, which will probably be never.
we'll never let you :p
I have a (couple of) mod(s) I want to make myself (heck, the outline/primer of both are in my signature in red), but I ended up contributing to existing mods ("training" :laugh: )

I would love it if someone was to make a mod that took place in Azeroth (Warcraft and World of Warcraft) and I would be willing to help to my limits when it comes to modding (I would only have ideas, I don't have the skills to execute them properly)

And if someone was able to make a Warhammer 40k mod somehow (I know there's a fantasy one in the works) that would be good, although I don't know how it would work.

Also, and I'm sure this exists somewhere, were you get loads of more flavour events and titles without any of the overhaul stuff. If anyone is behind a mod like this, please add the nickname "The Blackadder" (from the show Blackadder. Anyone?)

a massive event pack that contains literally thousands of flavour events. I know there are a lot of event mods there, but they're still not enough to fill the voids left by peace - then again, there's no such thing as "too many events" in a character-driven game such as this.

Well, VIET is a little more than a fifth of the way through to a thousand events... I lost count, but I htink I have a little more than 200 flavor events. :p

we'll never let you :p
I have a (couple of) mod(s) I want to make myself (heck, the outline/primer of both are in my signature in red), but I ended up contributing to existing mods ("training" :laugh: )

But... but... it's like CKII meets Vicky II! With some random fantasy nonsense!

Also, and I'm sure this exists somewhere, were you get loads of more flavour events and titles without any of the overhaul stuff. If anyone is behind a mod like this, please add the nickname "The Blackadder" (from the show Blackadder. Anyone?)

The Events module of my VIET mod adds nothing but flavor events. So far I have a little more than 200, with more every update.

either Dune, or The Witcher conversions.dunes got all the great houses and warring and intrigue and weird holy orders. Witchers got kings, dukes, wars, all the ck2 stuff, plus monsters.

I had an idea for a near future apocalypse mod set in Europe. Everyone would start as counts and the world would be brutal - I envisage a world where you could expand quickly , but doing so would come at the cost of stability. Ideally to encourage slow steady growth while still seeing the occasional astronomic rise to power or catastrophic fall from grace, so small and medium countries would have to be able to hold their own against the larger ones. The start date would be 2066 for a few reasons - firstly its a nod to the vanilla start date, but also the game being ~50 years in the future allows a scenario where the world is still realing from the effects of the apocalypse while still remembering the world as it was. It also allows some mildly futuristic events aswell without going too far over the top.

Perhaps there could even be an optional module (as I'm sure many would see this as being a bit daft) with the immortal trait which could be acquired through either genetic engineering of the next generation, or via cybernetic enhancements to your current character, although such things would come with their own problems; perhaps after 100 years or more you start being more susceptable to mental illness, and your vassals and the common man (ie rebels) aren't likely to be too happy about being eternally ruled by one person.

Back to the land of sane ideas though (although I'm not sure if this is possible in the engine) it would be pretty neat to have the ability to reform the government and use the republic system (or regress to a monarchy) based on certain requirements. More realistically a revolution could cause this - if a republican ruler took over the title should switch, and a series of events could set this up even if its a somewhat crude solution.

I had a load of other stuff I wrote down somewhere but I honestly can't find it or remember it all right now. Obviously theres a whole host of problems inherently in the idea other than the fact that I am really bad at modding, such as that no matter how you arrange cultures and religions you are likely to really annoy everyone, but I think I might eventually try and make such a thing.

The other one that I have thought about often is a mod set in the universe of the belgariad, which I feel could be quite interesting.

If anyone has ever seen Robotech, I think that the third generation would make for a great CK2 mod. The world has a few fractured areas of humans while most of the world is controlled by aliens. Humans from Mars and the moon prepare for reinvasion while a few rebels raid and the aliens work on achieving the next level of their evolution.

A mod set in Late Antiquity, based around the fall of the Roman Empire and Early Medieval history...