+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Your dream CK2 mod.

Your dream CK2 mod.

Alot of people have dream video games and dream movies and I was wondering whether there were any of you out there who have dream CK2 mods like me.

Mine would have to be a Europa Barbarorum CK2 combination. With the CK2 game mechanics but set in a Europa Barbarorum style theme and setting spanning from 272 B.C. to 14 A.D., allowing you to play as the Greek cities, the Diadochoi kingdoms, the Romans, the Carthaginians, the Gaulic kingdoms or one of the many independent tribes of the time like the Galatians. Alot of the game mechanics are already available like the Greek city states could have CK2 republic mechanics and CK2 Empire mechanics for the Diadochoi and independant tribes. And there could be migrations similar to the Old Gods Magyars but for the Saka Rauka and the Galatians.

But it will never happen. Does anyone else have their own idea for a CK2 mod?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

First Age of Arda. War between Morgoth and the Sons of Feanor.
    Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

You should probably be reading Gunnerkrigg Court.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think the idea for Zulu Invasion came to me in a dream.
    Conquest of Australia - CoP mechanics applied to Australia and New Zealand
    More Colonial Formations - Form Texas, California, Guyana, Alaska, and Cuba
    Repubblica Fiorentina - Historical and flavorful Florentine Republic
    Raj Karega Khalsa - Sikh religion, Punjabi ideas and more
    Yugoslavia and Balkans - Formable Yugoslavia, emerging Bosnian culture - M&T compatible
    Íslendingabók - Icelandic Mini-Mod - M&T compatible

Emperor of Upper Shaving SBolshevik's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Pendor from the Prophesy of Pendor mod for Mount and Blade: Warband.

Quote Originally Posted by neondt View Post
    I think the idea for Zulu Invasion came to me in a dream.
    Sounds great. Sucks they would only have light infantry. I guess they could have a pretty cool 5X army movement speed thing though.

Going to Scarborough Fair cybrxkhan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

I've wanted to do a complete overhaul mod based on the post-steampunk post-apocalyptic period of history in one of the worlds I have for my creative writing projects. Well, steampunk might be a bit too strong a word to use, but it sort of gets the point across. Maybe I'll do it someday when I'm finished with VIET, which will probably be never.
    My CKII Mods:
    Vanilla Immersion, Events, and Traits (VIET) - A modular roleplaying, flavor, and tweak mod! Part of the Historical Immersion Project (HIP) consisting of PB, SWMH, ARKO, and NBRT+
    Cultures and Portraits Revamp (CPR) New portrait sets and other portrait enhacements! No more Arab portraits everywhere.
    VIET Music - Hundreds of songs to enhance immersion, ranging from authentic medieval music to traditional Persian music and West African ballads!
    Old Age - old characters are weaker and less capable: no more 80 year old kings running around like they were 20!
    Jews Everywhere (JEW) - New Jewish cultures and courtiers, ranging from the Mizrahi to Chinese Jews.

Regent-Custodian of the Light riknap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    a massive event pack that contains literally thousands of flavour events. I know there are a lot of event mods there, but they're still not enough to fill the voids left by peace - then again, there's no such thing as "too many events" in a character-driven game such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrxkhan View Post
    I've wanted to do a complete overhaul mod based on the post-steampunk post-apocalyptic period of history in one of the worlds I have for my creative writing projects. Well, steampunk might be a bit too strong a word to use, but it sort of gets the point across. Maybe I'll do it someday when I'm finished with VIET, which will probably be never.
    we'll never let you
    I have a (couple of) mod(s) I want to make myself (heck, the outline/primer of both are in my signature in red), but I ended up contributing to existing mods ("training" )
    LUX INVICTA! Rebuild the Empire of Megas Alexandros! Restore Roman Glory! Banish the Dark Ages!
    >>[Subsidiary Modules] [Frequent Questions] [Gameplay Guide] [Changelogs] [LUX INVICTA AETERNA]<<

Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod, Fall of the Western Roman Empire and Rise of the Early Medieval Era. [beta state]
    LIBERT3 Primary Portal, for the Lux Invicta Buildings & Events, Retinues & Tactics, Traits & Technology Module. [INTEGRATED]
    Advanced Battles & Combat Depth Essentials. Planning portal for a comprehensive tactics overhaul project. [WIP - EXP farming]
    El Psy Congroo: Battle for world-line delta. A role-playing invasion modification. [WIP - EXP farming]

I would love it if someone was to make a mod that took place in Azeroth (Warcraft and World of Warcraft) and I would be willing to help to my limits when it comes to modding (I would only have ideas, I don't have the skills to execute them properly)

And if someone was able to make a Warhammer 40k mod somehow (I know there's a fantasy one in the works) that would be good, although I don't know how it would work.

Also, and I'm sure this exists somewhere, were you get loads of more flavour events and titles without any of the overhaul stuff. If anyone is behind a mod like this, please add the nickname "The Blackadder" (from the show Blackadder. Anyone?)

Going to Scarborough Fair cybrxkhan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by riknap View Post
    a massive event pack that contains literally thousands of flavour events. I know there are a lot of event mods there, but they're still not enough to fill the voids left by peace - then again, there's no such thing as "too many events" in a character-driven game such as this.
    Well, VIET is a little more than a fifth of the way through to a thousand events... I lost count, but I htink I have a little more than 200 flavor events.

Quote Originally Posted by riknap View Post
    we'll never let you
    I have a (couple of) mod(s) I want to make myself (heck, the outline/primer of both are in my signature in red), but I ended up contributing to existing mods ("training" )
    But... but... it's like CKII meets Vicky II! With some random fantasy nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pearceson View Post

Also, and I'm sure this exists somewhere, were you get loads of more flavour events and titles without any of the overhaul stuff. If anyone is behind a mod like this, please add the nickname "The Blackadder" (from the show Blackadder. Anyone?)
    The Events module of my VIET mod adds nothing but flavor events. So far I have a little more than 200, with more every update.
    My CKII Mods:
    Vanilla Immersion, Events, and Traits (VIET) - A modular roleplaying, flavor, and tweak mod! Part of the Historical Immersion Project (HIP) consisting of PB, SWMH, ARKO, and NBRT+
    Cultures and Portraits Revamp (CPR) New portrait sets and other portrait enhacements! No more Arab portraits everywhere.
    VIET Music - Hundreds of songs to enhance immersion, ranging from authentic medieval music to traditional Persian music and West African ballads!
    Old Age - old characters are weaker and less capable: no more 80 year old kings running around like they were 20!
    Jews Everywhere (JEW) - New Jewish cultures and courtiers, ranging from the Mizrahi to Chinese Jews.

either Dune, or The Witcher conversions.dunes got all the great houses and warring and intrigue and weird holy orders. Witchers got kings, dukes, wars, all the ck2 stuff, plus monsters.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I thought there was already a Dune mod in development but that was way back.
    Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

You should probably be reading Gunnerkrigg Court.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

I had an idea for a near future apocalypse mod set in Europe. Everyone would start as counts and the world would be brutal - I envisage a world where you could expand quickly , but doing so would come at the cost of stability. Ideally to encourage slow steady growth while still seeing the occasional astronomic rise to power or catastrophic fall from grace, so small and medium countries would have to be able to hold their own against the larger ones. The start date would be 2066 for a few reasons - firstly its a nod to the vanilla start date, but also the game being ~50 years in the future allows a scenario where the world is still realing from the effects of the apocalypse while still remembering the world as it was. It also allows some mildly futuristic events aswell without going too far over the top.

Perhaps there could even be an optional module (as I'm sure many would see this as being a bit daft) with the immortal trait which could be acquired through either genetic engineering of the next generation, or via cybernetic enhancements to your current character, although such things would come with their own problems; perhaps after 100 years or more you start being more susceptable to mental illness, and your vassals and the common man (ie rebels) aren't likely to be too happy about being eternally ruled by one person.

Back to the land of sane ideas though (although I'm not sure if this is possible in the engine) it would be pretty neat to have the ability to reform the government and use the republic system (or regress to a monarchy) based on certain requirements. More realistically a revolution could cause this - if a republican ruler took over the title should switch, and a series of events could set this up even if its a somewhat crude solution.

I had a load of other stuff I wrote down somewhere but I honestly can't find it or remember it all right now. Obviously theres a whole host of problems inherently in the idea other than the fact that I am really bad at modding, such as that no matter how you arrange cultures and religions you are likely to really annoy everyone, but I think I might eventually try and make such a thing.

The other one that I have thought about often is a mod set in the universe of the belgariad, which I feel could be quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beric Dondarion View Post
    I thought there was already a Dune mod in development but that was way back.
    probably before my time, ive not seen one, ck2 even makes dune jokes though "the spice must flow" "fear is the mindkiller" so it seems like such an obvious mod, though it would likely be very difficult.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldCK2: Holy Knight500k club

If anyone has ever seen Robotech, I think that the third generation would make for a great CK2 mod. The world has a few fractured areas of humans while most of the world is controlled by aliens. Humans from Mars and the moon prepare for reinvasion while a few rebels raid and the aliens work on achieving the next level of their evolution.
    Don't like portrait DLC faces but want the clothes and hairstyles? Try the Portrait Realignment Pack!
    Byzantium too big? Try the De Jure Tweaks mini-mod.
    Want some Steppe variety? Try the Manichaean Pechenegs mini-mod.
    Want some Highland flare? Try the Scottish Tartan Coat of Arms mod.

Also maybe a wheel of time mod. Read it as a kid, seems like a possibility.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Glasgow, Strathclyde Provisional Governorate
    A mod set in Late Antiquity, based around the fall of the Roman Empire and Early Medieval history...
    Saeculum Obscurum: A Late Antiquity Mod- CKII Mod of the Fall of Rome and the rise of Medieval Euope [Version 0.22a Released]

EU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight

A crossover like Dust & Eve in an MMO CK2, with crafting / trading game crossovers behing the scenes.

Not eactly a mod, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Haggis View Post
    A mod set in Late Antiquity, based around the fall of the Roman Empire and Early Medieval history...
    at the risk of my looking stupid, your sig says youve already made one of those? Dreams do come true i guess.

Emperor of Upper Shaving SBolshevik's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Haggis View Post
    /end shameless promotion

Divine Wind

Does anyone else seriously want a ck2 mod set during the age of the greek civilization/emerging rome?

I would love that also.
    "I know that I know nothing." -Socrates

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...A-Portugal-AAR (Dead)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast