• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hm.. you actually could consider them as another branch in Islam since they're also the majority in Oman today - should be easy to mod.
But i would let them be a heresy - tbh even the actual ingame main branches are not fleshed out enough and could need some more love, the only difference i see is that shia people can hire the hashashin and the sunni cant..
I may start a mod if there isnt another.. :)

CD.

All muslim groups are considered a heresy to each other, so that they'll fight each other as in real life.
The heresy part is a game mechanic in the first place, just like sunni and shia see each other as a heresy. Again it's more a game mechanic than trying to reflect theological issues.
At least that's how i understand it. Might be right, might be wrong. Hmm...

All muslim groups are considered a heresy to each other, so that they'll fight each other as in real life.
The heresy part is a game mechanic in the first place, just like sunni and shia see each other as a heresy. Again it's more a game mechanic than trying to reflect theological issues.
At least that's how i understand it. Might be right, might be wrong. Hmm...

In vanilla, Sunni and Shia are not heresies of each other. They can just declare Holy War on each other, which I'm sure would be the case if Ibadi was made a 3rd branch (but I do not know the code offhand).

Since, as has already been said, the only difference between branches of Islam in CK2 is the availability of the Hashashins and the person of the Caliph, it shouldn't be difficult to make Ibadi a separate branch (just add a third Caliph title, an icon and shuffle some code around). The only thing necessary would be some Ibadi heresies, so that they could appear over the course of the game.

Since, as has already been said, the only difference between branches of Islam in CK2 is the availability of the Hashashins and the person of the Caliph, it shouldn't be difficult to make Ibadi a separate branch (just add a third Caliph title, an icon and shuffle some code around). The only thing necessary would be some Ibadi heresies, so that they could appear over the course of the game.

Kharijites.

Or, since the differences are so relatively minor (and entirely theological in nature), they can just remain a Heresy with a Caliph title, either creatable or created. That way the Sunni branch doesn't lose any Heresies.

Kharijites.

Why? Just because they argue over being them, not being them or being descendant from the same group as them?

EDIT: Hmm... one of those doctrinal beliefs is a rather marked aversion to waging war on Islam, so they should probably not have Holy Wars (at least) on Shia/Sunni.

I rather want Nestorian to be a main brand of Christian faith. They are among the first group that separated from the ancient church, and yet still prospered in the game's time frame. At least they deserve a better icon.

A main difference would be that the Ibadi Caliph was elected on merit. The Ibadi didn't see a relationship to Mohammed as being important.

So the conclusion would be: give the Ibadi their own Caliph with a different creation conditions (lots of piety, religious education or lifestyle) from the other Caliphs.

The Ibadi didn't see a relationship to Mohammed as being important.

Don't see a BLOODLINE relationship to the Prophet as being paramount. It's considered of secondary desireability, but other things are far MORE important.

So the conclusion would be: give the Ibadi their own Caliph with a different creation conditions (lots of piety, religious education or lifestyle) from the other Caliphs.

That'd be good, add the Faqih lifestyle as a requirement perhaps.

EDIT: Entirely OT, but I so wish Decadence was linked more to traits than lands. *sigh*

Last edited: