• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If China is united (and expanded), with good techs , population x3-4 as whole UK+colonies where is challenge for player when he play as China, or how to beat them if you play as other country?

In previous versions I remember , first or second step was to take some provinces from China early if you want become GP 1, and avoid +4000 brigades against you:)

You live in Lala land... "United" - never happens to AI; "good tech" - good luck with less than 3% literacy; "population.." - you mean the chore of manually building factories everywhere with no capitalists whatsoever and massive emigration whatever the players do; "challenge" - always there, just not as rewarding/fun as Europeans; "as other country" - any historical GP can do it easily even in AI's hand, players always win no matter the country.

If you had to take provinces from China to become GP No.1, you simply didn't play enough Vic2 (or you just suck). Ask for tips on the forum about the proper way to play Vic2 instead of whining about a imaginary China that never existed.

It is! I'd like to hear more about? Did you post more about it anywhere?
I actually have not. I was going to post a proposal for it a few nights ago, but I'm planning on joining the military soon so it could be several months before I'd be able to put any work towards a project like that. For the sake of keeping things interesting China would be in a state of warlordism, with a long road towards reunification. Advanced, high-literacy states would be concentrated around the Yellow and Yangtze rivers, and industry would have kicked off prior to colonialism so Oceania and the Americas would be very open and many countries would be added to Africa. Europe would be dominated by the Holy Roman Empire and Rhomaion, a few mid-sized kingdoms like France and Poland, and many petty states, several of them pagan. Muslim states would have a technological edge and steppe armies would be extremely dangerous until tech changes make cavalry armies obsolete. Korea and Manchuria would be dominated by the Balhae dynasty and Japan is experiencing its shift from Tang-influenced bureaucracy towards military rule, but in the context of rapid economic change. Fun stuff, but a lot of work.

About China, I have yet to see full China since HoD came out. Each game it gets fragmented and spends remainder of the game trying to conquer the substates, which is imo not the way this sytem was suppose to work like.
But isn`t that more or less what warlord era was about?

Considering China, bar Taiwan, only united under one central goverment(read, goverment that actually had more than just formal power) after WW2 and Chinese civil war, the situation you describe is historical.

But isn`t that more or less what warlord era was about?

Considering China, bar Taiwan, only united under one central goverment(read, goverment that actually had more than just formal power) after WW2 and Chinese civil war, the situation you describe is historical.
It's a little different. The "warlord era" wasn't one of Three Kingdoms-style internecine violence so much as it was a period of shaky and decentralized government. The KMT basically ruled over a semi-feudal rightist confederacy. Jiang Jieshi's government operated on patronage and by co-opting the local elites and criminal syndicates of distant regions in order to establish a semblance of control in a cost-effective way. This generally meant leaving extensive privileges and autonomy to the "warlords," including turning a blind eye to their often numerous criminal enterprises. Looking back it's not hard to see why so many people switched to the Communists.