• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Co_Karoliina

Developer
Oct 1, 2010
www.colossalorder.fi

-Fixed bug: Sometimes parked cars blocks busses to enter a stop
-Fixed bug: Rulesets are saved only to local file even if cloud is selected
-Improvement: Ruleset editor has tooltips in English (other languages coming soon)

-Updated to Unity 4
-New content: Underground metro depots
-Fixed bug: Using inspectors causes incorrect cashflow
-Fixed bug: Campaign progress lost if user pressed OK too fast on scenario end screen or the game is not properly shut down

The Unity update should help with crashing, please let us know how it works! Most crashes have been very hard to reproduce with testing, but this fix should help.

Was this the 'colossal' update?

I like this Update. :wub:
Underground Metro depot works very well. For Unity-Update, lets wait for feedback from affected People. On my System the game runs just fine.
An there are new bundle-files. So lets hope, we can buy your new stuff very soon. :)

-Fixed bug: Sometimes parked cars blocks busses to enter a stop
-Fixed bug: Rulesets are saved only to local file even if cloud is selected
-Improvement: Ruleset editor has tooltips in English (other languages coming soon)

-Updated to Unity 4
-New content: Underground metro depots
-Fixed bug: Using inspectors causes incorrect cashflow
-Fixed bug: Campaign progress lost if user pressed OK too fast on scenario end screen or the game is not properly shut down

The Unity update should help with crashing, please let us know how it works! Most crashes have been very hard to reproduce with testing, but this fix should help.

underground depots are amazing

so suggestions below
i am very happy now but i like to see metro stations updated (replacing teleporters with proper stairs to ticket halls and platforms) as well plus new turnback tracks or sidings to store off duty trains example - peak hours trains could stored in sidings or more space for overloaded depot and abity to have two or more depots on timetable to store trains there

Home depots/slave depots - i suggest this as well to help it for long routes

tram/metro stops (street or track)

The ground structure of the Underground depots is a flaw, mostly player will only use the underground depot as turn-back siding. An underground turn-back siding does not require any ground structure.

In my opinion, it is better to provide "turn-back siding" , a "ploppable" track that can let train-set u-turn, no storage function.

Shh, it's a secret! ;P We will have some new content available soon, but I don't have a set date yet. I'm hoping the crashes will be gone and I really think the new underground metro depots make building metro lines colossally easier!

You shouldn't really put stuff in the files before release.
Sure, it's all fun reading and and knowing it's coming, but it's a lot more fun to be surprised!
-
Oh, I almost forgot;
YAY! Underground depots! :)

The ground structure of the Underground depots is a flaw, mostly player will only use the underground depot as turn-back siding. An underground turn-back siding does not require any ground structure.

In my opinion, it is better to provide "turn-back siding" , a "ploppable" track that can let train-set u-turn, no storage function.

I agree totally. Underground depots, even if "semi-underground", is a good addon anyway.

Thanks a lot for this update, but it seems to have caused a bug for me (on Mac / Steam) : Water now doesn't render at all (and water appears as a brown dirt ditch!). This is on all maps and previous saves. I am running 1.3.1. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thanks for fixing the inspectors bug! I will hire some inspectors now. Until today my passengers were free to do whatever they want. Their world is about to change very soon... (evil laugh) :)

Problems with Underground Metro Depot

Hi there,

I converted one of the above-the-ground metro depots to an underground one on an existing metro line and added a metro stop on the tracks but I am not able to add the new stop onto the metro line anymore. It keeps telling me that there is no available routes but ALL of the tracks are connected; I made sure the tracks are reconnected. And then I discovered that I have to delete the entire metro line and then recreate it and then I was able to add the new stop.

Plus they can only be built so deep, -4m in most of the cases and maximum -20m which still makes them restricted in the way they can be built, bound by the road structures and etc. When I saw the new feature of the underground depot, I was envisioning depot that's completely buried below the ground and can be built in anyway we like to be connected to the tracks and completely be free from the road structures above. Underground metro depots is an welcoming new feature to the game but they are quite restricted in their availability and usage.

I could be asking too much but can someone take a look at these issues and give the underground metro more freedom please?

Thanks

Last edited:

Just an FYI, I played for about 2 hours this afternoon and got a lock up, so either I'm affected by something else or the Unity 4 update didn't correct the issue. An auto save feature would be nice, if anything. Seem to always forget to save my game!

Thanks for continuing to improve CIM2. Appreciate the fix to the inspectors, for sure!