• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They are trolling you , revolting one month away from being defeated ...
Now , time to focus on France and push them to the Atlantic!

Excellent progress.

I think you might have said earlier but how does it work with hordes and ships? Is there no chance you'll ever be able to travel overseas without westernizing?

@trekfan: I think by the time they learn that it will be all too late. :)

@Rabid: Ahh, I could never be that lucky! :(

@sprites: I know, right?! It wasn't even a week! I wasn't too surprised though. I miss assaulting...

@TonyJoe: Thank you! You have it right, no ships for nomads until they leave their tech group. The overseas travel is not as much of a concern as the ability to fight off blockades though.

@Bki: I know, right? But as far as the game is concerned, we still have ports that are fully functional for fishing and trade. Just no transports or warships, as Hugh says. :(

At least pirates don't care (much) about us, even though we have no way to fend them off.

Chapter 23 - As the World Watches On​

Almost 4 years since it began, we have finally fully recovered from the TSC. Only a few rebel armies remain and the wave on minors invading us have been suppressed. France is now our top priority, and we are going to need as many troops as we can spare to take them on. Hopefully our manpower can hold out for long enough!

Timurid636.jpg~original

The first battle has some encouraging results as we easily push France's army back and begin to invade them. Their territory is still largely unexplored however, and we won't be able to run down any of their forces until we can remedy this. With all their vassals eager to pounce on any potential scouts this war could turn out to be quite troublesome indeed.

Timurid637.jpg~original

We get some rather surprising news that the borders of Koblenz have become disputed. As any reasonable person could clearly see that we were here first, we decide to press the issue and claim Koblenz as our own.

Timurid642.jpg~original

It seems the Golden Horde can't even be bothered to liberate their own province. They must be far too preoccupied trying to deal with Polotsk. We were a little busy with our TSC to support them, but now that's done we will be happy to take care of Wallachia for them.

Timurid644.jpg~original

While France has been pushed back from our captured provinces, we still allow them to siege newly conquered Metz as we had previously scorched the province. They quickly take it though, so we have to resort to more extreme measures and our new general is quite eager to prove his worth. It is nice to see Frances massive morale backfire on them.

Timurid645.jpg~original

We also end up in a battle in the south, making another large dent in their numbers. Their manpower is already clearly suffering so we decide to get a little reckless and push forth right into the unexplored provinces.

Timurid646.jpg~original

They are clearly not fond of this idea and we meet some very heavy resistance, but our troops fighting extremely stubbornly and a little luck has us completely overpower the large French force. We are aware of another large French army that was recently in the area however, so we leave the crippled armies to limp away while we regroup. The last thing we need is France starting to recruit more men in every province they own.

Timurid648.jpg~original

We focus our invasion on the north for now while the French army is occupied with the south. One of our forces is used to combat any interference from French vassals while the other splits up and explores the area as quickly as possible. The less time they are vulnerable to ambushes the better.

Timurid653.jpg~original

With that done, they quickly merge together again and push south to help with the remaining French forces. They soon find one and engage it in Poitou while the main French army is held in a standoff with our other armies in Toulouse.

Timurid654.jpg~original

Elsewhere, Polotsk manages to establish its dominance over the Golden Horde and moves onto attempting to occupy one of our provinces. Shockingly, it looks like it's up to us to deal with them after all.

Timurid655.jpg~original

Our brilliant new general once again shows his prowess and completely wipes out another French army. France now has just one army remaining, and we don't give them any more time to recover. Our armies converge upon it and prepare to end this war as a true horde would.

Timurid656.jpg~original

Soon the time comes to repay our loan, but with our economy back in peak condition we can easily raise the funds to pay it off. We also see Byzantine return to us, but their rebellions continue nonetheless and this time it's the Papal States who are intent on blocking the straits.

Timurid657.jpg~original

Naples soon falls as well, having hardly put up a fight at all. Unfortunately we have no way of crossing the strait here either, so we must guard our gains until something can be done.

Timurid659.jpg~original

France's armies are once again torn apart by the horde and we now have them thoroughly on the run. They have clearly learnt to fear the horde, but it came all too late. In less than 2 years their ability to fight back has been completely shattered.

Timurid660.jpg~original

There remains one thing that can save them however. Even as their northern provinces are almost completely occupied Brabant has started invading in force and holding back our troops. While not being all that effective, they do threaten to cause a fair bit of trouble.

Timurid663.jpg~original

We don't actually share a border with them yet however. They have simply been dragged into a war with us by one of their minor vassals, Saxe-Lauenburg. With France all but defeated we can easily afford some legitimacy to be rid of the nuisance, so we shall simply concede defeat to them and deal with them later.

Timurid664.jpg~original

Soon after, the old Golden Horde khan passes away and one from our own family has taken to their throne. Hopefully they will prove to be a slightly more competent a leader. They have their own TSC to deal with of course, but relatively few uncored provinces it shouldn't be a problem.

Timurid665.jpg~original

Lithuania has also managed to gain a few provinces from the Teutonic Order with their rebels and our once again at war with us. There won't be any mercy for them this time around.

Timurid666.jpg~original

By the time December rolls around we have completely occupied France and reduced their army to nothing more than a few struggling regiments. Long hailed as the great hope of Europe, will there be any left to challenge us now that France has fallen?

Timurid673.jpg~original

Province Count: 240

New provinces:
  • Mazovia - Mazovia.
  • Byzantine - Morea, Naxos.
  • Lorraine - Lothringen.
  • Trier - Koblenz, Trier.

Next time: Chapter 24 - Breathe Easy

Last edited:
Emeny... making 100+ uncored province TSCs and holding off half of Europe at the same time look easy since 2013. I bow my head to your vastly superior EU Fu *bows*

France appears to have been somewhat aware of their coming fate since some time though, why else have they taken a random island, Sardinia, to escape to in case of horde conquest (or is that a surviving Aquileia or even Sweden?)

@Delta388: Awh, thanks! :happy: I have been through a fair few TSCs by now. :)

@yequr: Ahh you have a keen eye! That's actually Aquileia hiding there, and they are the sole reason the HRE is still around. They somehow managed to become an elector! :(

@vasziljevics: Right, we won't be creating any directly, but they can still show up once the AI reaches naval tech 9 and if they happen to be on our coast then they will happily blockade us as well. They tend to get a bit goofy when the entirety of the European coast is invalid to appear on though if you have any idea what that's about. I'll try to find an example of what I'm talking about once we get to it.

Oops , France fell mightily ...and the reste of Europe is to follow pretty soon!
After reaching Lisboa , route to Beijing? :D

@borakapan: My army is already on it's way to glare angrily at Naples from across the strait! :)

@sprites: The bigger they are, right? :happy:

Denmark can still cause some trouble if they want to, but the rest of Europe won't likely offer much resistance. Castille is the only real contender, but they are generally too concerned with invading Africa to put up any decent resistance. Once that is done I will likely be looking to clean up Africa and maybe some hordes since they are already mostly my religion then eastwards we shall go! :happy: