• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KaTiON

Fallow Slave
71 Badges
Apr 16, 2012
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Imperator: Rome
[Mini-Mod] Immortality Revised

Compatible with 1.101 beta patch.
xWLINAZ.png

Latest version: v1.10 (10/Jun/2013)

Used ranges:

Events: 1.000.141.000 - 1.000.143.999

Description:

Have you ever wanted to be immortal? This is the mod for you then.

It includes three types of immortality:

• "Standard" Immortality - The default setting, you can't die from old age or poor health (natural death), but you can still be executed (assassinations) and by events (incapacitation while in combat, hunts, etc.)
  • "Enhanced" Immortality - The enhanced setting, you won't be able to die. (Tough luck enemy assassins!)
  • "Heroic" Immortality - The overpowered setting, you are a demi-god with untold potential. (Basically a big stat and military boost.)

This mod is a spiritual successor to "Are you a God?" which got placed on haitus for quite some time now. It's meant to be fun above all. Enjoy!

Screenshots:

2013-06-08_00004.jpg

2013-06-08_00002.jpg

2013-06-08_00003.jpg

Changelog:

v1.10:

Gameplay changes:

• Added new decision "Primary Options". In it, players can find two events trees in "Family Options". NOTE: "Enemy" event tree is still unfinished.
  • - Heir can now be granted/revoked immortality via an event in "Family Options -> Heir".
  • - Children can now be granted/revoked immortality via an event in "Family Options -> Descendants".
  • - Spouse can now be granted/revoked immortality via an event in "Family Options -> Spouse".
General changes:
  • "Acquire Immortality" and "Give up Immortality" aren't high priority events any more. You can now find these decisions somewhere in the decisions window now.
  • Changed the way decisions show up, now you can go through an event tree until a new option pops-up in the decisions menu (still not done for the new, immortality by decision parts.)
  • Added localisation for new events, still not organized.
v1.02:

General changes:
  • Added some comments in "immortality_events", "immortality_decisions" and "immortal_traits".
Localisation changes:
  • Changed localisation in "normal_immortal" to Immortality (previously Immortal), "enhanced_immortal" to Enhanced Immortality (previously Enhanced Immortal) and "hero_immortal" to Heroic Immortality (previously Heroic Immortal).
  • Modified the text on "normal_immortal_desc".
  • Fixed more localisation errors where I forgot to place an "x" on the appropriate section.
v1.01:
  • Fixed a localization error where "Acquire" was spelled as "Aquire".

Download Link:

To install place the extracted files in \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

Last edited:
I think you should still be able to die by wounding with standard immortality.

Also, there should be a "lesser immortality" where you effectively stop aging after a certain point, but otherwise anything normal can kill you.

Now I can stop doing this manually in all of my games. Thanks for this.

Are you vulnerable to Infirm and Incapable modifiers?

I'll have to take a look at this. Maybe divine-blooded scions would also fit into this reduced category. :)

I think you should still be able to die by wounding with standard immortality.

Also, there should be a "lesser immortality" where you effectively stop aging after a certain point, but otherwise anything normal can kill you.

Thanks for the criticism, I'll try and see if I can make standard immortality just not being able to die from old age.

Now I can stop doing this manually in all of my games. Thanks for this.

Are you vulnerable to Infirm and Incapable modifiers?

With standard immortality it's still possible to get those bad traits.

Thanks for the criticism, I'll try and see if I can make standard immortality just not being able to die from old age.

Then have the immortality trait called in-game via an event when the character reaches maturity, add a bonus to Health and your job's done.

Appreciated, should I make this affect your character only or any in your direct family?

For basic "immortality", I'd say stick with the character only and maybe call the trait 'Ageless'. I believe that the trait will need not to be a health, personality, education or lifestyle trait to avoid it showing up on random courtiers' trait lists.

This mod gives me an interesting idea. Why this is obviously "cheat", it would be interesting to start playing with 2 immortal characters waging war between themselves (one starting west, second east). Could it be possible to create version of mod allowing to give immortality to both player and his counterpart (but only having same feudal tier- i.e. count-count, duke-duke, etc.)?

This mod gives me an interesting idea. Why this is obviously "cheat", it would be interesting to start playing with 2 immortal characters waging war between themselves (one starting west, second east). Could it be possible to create version of mod allowing to give immortality to both player and his counterpart (but only having same feudal tier- i.e. count-count, duke-duke, etc.)?

Yes it's possible, though I think the only way to make it work correctly is when a war is declared between two players. That is unless I find a different scope (perhaps create an decision that can make someone immortal? à la GoT mod's Personal Diplomacy).

Yes it's possible, though I think the only way to make it work correctly is when a war is declared between two players. That is unless I find a different scope (perhaps create an decision that can make someone immortal? à la GoT mod's Personal Diplomacy).

Maybe player could choose his "archenemy" by placing some special councillor in certain province?

Version 1.02 is out, basically just changes/fixes to localisation. In the mean time, I'm working on more gameplay options such as "immortality inheritance" and "agelessness". I'll try to deliver tomorrow.

I'm pondering on doing modular add-ons for the mod, should an option like making your enemy immortal (as suggested by Mixxer5), and many other future addons be part of the main mod or not?.

Here's the changelog:

v1.02:

General changes:
  • Added some comments in "immortality_events", "immortality_decisions" and "immortal_traits".
Localisation changes:
  • Changed localisation in "normal_immortal" to Immortality (previously Immortal), "enhanced_immortal" to Enhanced Immortality (previously Enhanced Immortal) and "hero_immortal" to Heroic Immortality (previously Heroic Immortal).
  • Modified the text on "normal_immortal_desc".
  • Fixed more localisation errors where I forgot to place an "x" on the appropriate section.

Might I suggest you not flag this decision as important? It should be obvious to a player if they've installed this that it's an option, and having the notification that I constantly have the option to stop being immortal can stop me from knowing I can take a Pilgrimage to Mecca or host a tournament or something.

If there is a way to let your character change crown laws more than once would be good cause if you want to change them now you need to use the console to currently.

Might I suggest you not flag this decision as important? It should be obvious to a player if they've installed this that it's an option, and having the notification that I constantly have the option to stop being immortal can stop me from knowing I can take a Pilgrimage to Mecca or host a tournament or something.

Done.

If there is a way to let your character change crown laws more than once would be good cause if you want to change them now you need to use the console to currently.

Need to see if it's possible.