+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cloud saves

Cloud saves

I'm sorry if this has been said already somewhere, but I can't find it.
    Since EU4 uses Steam, will it have could saves ? It would be great if it had, synchronizing saves between many computers is a real pain in the... bun.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Un-bun-lievable, you got another bun in!

MM Prime Minister in Exile Vishaing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

This would be good, bun only if it remains optional. Paradox's Save Files tend to be gigantic because of all of the data they need to keep track of, and I have had quite enough of SR3's Limited Save Slots, because it's not like I have 2+ Terabytes of Free space or anything.
    Imperium in Imperio -:- EUIV Edition CKII Edition

Vishaing's Idea Corner -:- EUIV Modding Tools, Areas of Interest, Free Relations, Simple Character System, Re-Re-Thinking Ideas, War and Peace, Simplified Population System, Reforming Monarch Points, Fixing Rotten Attitudes

NOTE: Your Definition of 'soon' Might differ from Mine.

Paradox's save files are also text files which can compressed extremely well though it obviously would increase bit of overheard due extra CPU processing required. Eg. my 37,6 MB Victoria 2 (PDM) save compresses to 6 275 KB ZIP-file (~5-6 seconds) or to 4 639 KB 7z-file (~6-7 seconds). Obviously slower computers will require more time to compress the file so I wouldn't want autosaves or non-cloud saves to be compressed. Extracting files is much faster and takes second or two at most.

Johan's Home Account Paradox Dev Team Balor's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Yes. Saves can be local or cloud.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    Did you guys implement some sort of save-game compression in EU4?

Hearts of Iron III500k club

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks!

HoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Awesome.

Wooh.
    Wannabe Quallity assurance tester for Pdox Interactive.

+ Reply to Thread