Europa Universalis IV: Developer diary 34 - Unit Interface and more

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All of this looks neat and all but I have a couple of questions about unit attributes. In Eu3, every time you went up a certain number of technologies, you get better units with better offensive and defensive attributes. Of course, the availlability and the attributes of certain units will have to be changed (there are only 33 technologies now). What I would like to know is how the attributes of manouvre, morale, shock and fire are going to be affected and are going to affect the style of warfare.

P.S. One thing that I've noticed is that whenever I mod units or use mods that have units from the 19th and 20th century is that the offensive and defensive 'dot' values never seem to exceed 11 (even when I tell them to). Now I've never delved deep into this (I'd rather not start messing with graphics and stuff like that, because I'm not very experienced in dealing with graphics, and frankly don't want to try) but I'm just wondering if 11 is just the maximum or does it just seem that way. Idk

All of this looks neat and all but I have a couple of questions about unit attributes. In Eu3, every time you went up a certain number of technologies, you get better units with better offensive and defensive attributes. Of course, the availlability and the attributes of certain units will have to be changed (there are only 33 technologies now). What I would like to know is how the attributes of manouvre, morale, shock and fire are going to be affected and are going to affect the style of warfare.

P.S. One thing that I've noticed is that whenever I mod units or use mods that have units from the 19th and 20th century is that the offensive and defensive 'dot' values never seem to exceed 11 (even when I tell them to). Now I've never delved deep into this (I'd rather not start messing with graphics and stuff like that, because I'm not very experienced in dealing with graphics, and frankly don't want to try) but I'm just wondering if 11 is just the maximum or does it just seem that way. Idk

I'm not certain, but I think it's just display. I've tried values of -1 and lower. Anything -2 or less displays funny. But I think it does affect combat, nonetheless.