+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Must not marry an infidel'

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaPenumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Would have hoped there'd have been some word on this by now...
    "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I guess they are just hoping we will forget about it and drop the issue.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteMagickaThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I will never forget about not beeing able to marry two curtiers of the same religion when i don't have the same religion as them. Not like i perform the marriage ritual...

Crusader for True Inflation Emre Yigit's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by DragonScythe View Post
    I guess they are just hoping we will forget about it and drop the issue.
    More likely, they are focused on the first big patch for EU4. And anyway, I'm sure they long ago gave up on assuming that Paradox gamers ever forgot anything, if they even ever had such an idea.
    To every man upon this earth / Death cometh soon or late. / And how can man die better / Than facing fearful odds, / For the ashes of his fathers / And the temples of his gods...?

SHouldn't this be easily moddable

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Of course, it should. But happens that devs doesn't care for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcvalons View Post

Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Arcvalons View Post
    Even if it were moddable, over 90% of us agree that it should be allowed in the vanilla game.
    "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"

Quote Originally Posted by Orko80 View Post
    I will never forget about not beeing able to marry two curtiers of the same religion when i don't have the same religion as them. Not like i perform the marriage ritual...
    New DLC: Crusader Priests!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteMagickaThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Pte Baldrick View Post
    New DLC: Crusader Priests!
    Reminds me everyone keeps wanting the theocracy DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko80 View Post
    Reminds me everyone keeps wanting the theocracy DLC.
    Which I hope would alow playing Holy Orders.

+1. I'm going to keep this here and compile a list of people who are married to those who are not of their faith later.

Hey, sorry coming into this late and haven't read all 25 pages but.... I think it *IS* possible to marry outside of your religion, at least among the pagans. In my current Norse 1066 campaign I can marry other pagans as long as the "-" modifiers of the wrong religion are outweighed by "+" modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by hferguson View Post
    Hey, sorry coming into this late and haven't read all 25 pages but.... I think it *IS* possible to marry outside of your religion, at least among the pagans. In my current Norse 1066 campaign I can marry other pagans as long as the "-" modifiers of the wrong religion are outweighed by "+" modifiers.
    Yeah, this is already well known. This also makes an absurdity, due to the inability to marry nearby Christians, but no problems with marrying Mande pagans who not even the Greeks or Italians would have known about, let alone Norse, Slavs, or Roms.

Crusader Kings IIMagickaPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

+1. There should be a negative modifier but it shouldn't be impossible.

agree, it shoudl be sposible to marry infidel, but for soem religions more dificult than others, moslims are realy hating of other infidels.
    My English may be poor, but better than yours Czechs.

Searching difference between Nacism and Communism is simmilar to searching difference between Plague and Cholera.

I can't believe it's already been three months and we still can't "marry infidels".

Crusader Kings II

Helsinki, the traditional capital of the duchy of Outer Mongoliia
    I think how different pagans can now intermarry to a point, is the way it should be between all religions. They will resist, but will occasionally agree to marry. They will respect strong alliances and prestige, the skills and age of the spouse etc.

In addition, remove all the restrictions between pagans. Different pagans never had any trouble with each other, at least not because of them being "infidel". Most pagans would conceive foreign gods as their own, worshipped only with different names.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Michael View Post
    I think how different pagans can now intermarry to a point, is the way it should be between all religions. They will resist, but will occasionally agree to marry. They will respect strong alliances and prestige, the skills and age of the spouse etc.

In addition, remove all the restrictions between pagans. Different pagans never had any trouble with each other, at least not because of them being "infidel". Most pagans would conceive foreign gods as their own, worshipped only with different names.
    IMHO, West Africans could use marriage ban until they reform - as intermarrying with them at start makes no sense... but by the time they'll reform Mali would be prominent enough to not treat marrying with them as 'intermarrying with someone I haven't ever heard'.

Otherwise, OFC, I think you're right.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yeah, there is a certain famous Lithuanian King who would particularly appreciate being able to marry his historical wife.

And some Hungarians, Rumanians, Alans, Rus, Bulgarians, early Northern Germans, Norse, Byzantines, Anglo-Saxons and should I keep going?

And right on about Pagans not caring about marrying other pagans... this is especially true in the Norse/Romuva/Slavic circle where the Gods were often literally the same exact Gods from the old proto-Germanic religion, with only minor changes in their names.
    Last edited by Caban; 09-09-2013 at 15:32.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Velg View Post
    IMHO, West Africans could use marriage ban until they reform - as intermarrying with them at start makes no sense... but by the time they'll reform Mali would be prominent enough to not treat marrying with them as 'intermarrying with someone I haven't ever heard'.

Otherwise, OFC, I think you're right.
    I don't see why Mali shouldn't be allowed to marry into Berber kingdoms, and potentially even Iberian families if they manage to wield enough influence.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast