• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreatjam

Private
58 Badges
Dec 30, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
I have noticed that a recent patch has disallowed interfaith marriages totally.

While i am aware that interfaith marriages were not common everywhere, i also believe in the sandbox simulation ethos of the game where the uncommon CAN happen.

To that end i would like to petition that this new addition be changed to a modifier (Perhaps -2???), making it much more difficult but not impossible to marry away a daughter to an infidel. After all this is the only way to make alliances!

EDIT 14/06/13:
Positive Support so far: 46

EDIT 25/06/13:
Positive Support now: 88

EDIT 03/07/13:
Positive Support now: 91

EDIT 15/07/13:
Positive Support now: 100

EDIT 17/08/13:
Positive Support now : 188

EDIT 22/11/13:
Positive Support now : 251

EDIT 16/05/14:
Positive Support now : 280

PROGRESS:
1. Quote from Prince Michael "The patch that changed things, was the patch which came with TOG (1.10)"

2. Originally Posted by jordarkelf View Post
This is now possible with the 2.0.2 beta patch.
For each religion, you can add intermarry = otherreligion to allow marriages with 'infidels' from that other religion, even across religious groups.
If you add for orthodox: intermarry = jewish and for jewish: intermarry = orthodox you can marry now Jews to Orthodox Christians and vice versa, to give an example.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nornin View Post
It being moddable is a good step in the right direction, but I hope they fix it for the un-modded game as well.

4. Interfaith marriages mod for Crusader Kings 2.

1. Go to Crusader Kings II/common/religions
2. Creaty copy of your 00_religions.txt
3. Paste edited 00_religions.txt
Download link: http://rghost.ru/51009192

Last edited:
Reactions:
+1

As I've said before, such a change as this would make my dreams of a Zoroastrian Ireland possible. It's not the same to start with Ruler Designer.

I have noticed the recent patch has disallowed interfaith marriages totally.

While i am aware that interfaith marriages were not common, i also believe in the sandbox simulation ethos of the game where the uncommon CAN happen.

To that end i would like to petition that this new addition be changed to a modifier (Perhaps -2???), making it much more difficult but not impossible to marry away a daughter to an infidel.

Agreed. Pagans married other pagans, there were Orthodox/Christian or Orthodox/Pagan couples.

If PDX is bent on nerfing marriage, they could start by removing the global list of potential spouses and instead make "mate hunting" a courtier province mission. Also make "self promotion" a decision available when marriage is set as the ambition. So, everyone sends out their courtiers into specific lands to look for hot deals (each courtier type will first spot chars with the corresponding stat as the main strength), while back home they hold some events to raise the profile of themselves or their offspring to put them on the neighbour's map and make them easier to detect by the visiting courtiers.
Maybe the system will actually work as the means to peddling away idiots, while you hide your best bachelors until some huge tracks of land are spotted on the horizon. :ninja:

Maybe it would work better with a distance rule, where people can marry people with another religon if they live in close proximity(for example regions like Scandinavia, Iberia, Central Europe, British isles). For example it does not make sense for the King of England to marry a seljuk woman, but a Spanish King might marry a Muslim Andalusian woman. And a Christian Danish woman would probably marry a Norse Norwegian man. Historically this makes more sense than a absolutist Can or Can not marry infidels rule.

I believe the check is based on the faith of the liege, not the person you're wanting to marry - so heathens in the court of a non-heathen should still be marry-able.

Conversely you won't be able to marry fellow believers if they've somehow got themselves into a heathen's court.

Before the 1.10 patch, I used to bring major dynasties' last members to my court, and give them a title so that their dynasties don't die out.

So my biggest issue with generalizing "Must not marry an infidel" to everyone living in a court where the ruler has a different religion group, is that I can't save anymore the Capet dynasty (for example) when they loose their last title...

+1 I do agree that the ability to marry and bring courtiers or nobles of another religion to your court needed to be nerfed. But Paradox went way too far with this addition.

Although it isn't the main issue, it is notable that a pagan ruler can still marry other faiths by capturing them, making them a concubine, then marrying them. Not quite the same I know but I find it entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.