• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never forget about not beeing able to marry two curtiers of the same religion when i don't have the same religion as them. Not like i perform the marriage ritual...

I guess they are just hoping we will forget about it and drop the issue.

More likely, they are focused on the first big patch for EU4. And anyway, I'm sure they long ago gave up on assuming that Paradox gamers ever forgot anything, if they even ever had such an idea.

I will never forget about not beeing able to marry two curtiers of the same religion when i don't have the same religion as them. Not like i perform the marriage ritual...

New DLC: Crusader Priests!

Hey, sorry coming into this late and haven't read all 25 pages but.... I think it *IS* possible to marry outside of your religion, at least among the pagans. In my current Norse 1066 campaign I can marry other pagans as long as the "-" modifiers of the wrong religion are outweighed by "+" modifiers.

Hey, sorry coming into this late and haven't read all 25 pages but.... I think it *IS* possible to marry outside of your religion, at least among the pagans. In my current Norse 1066 campaign I can marry other pagans as long as the "-" modifiers of the wrong religion are outweighed by "+" modifiers.

Yeah, this is already well known. This also makes an absurdity, due to the inability to marry nearby Christians, but no problems with marrying Mande pagans who not even the Greeks or Italians would have known about, let alone Norse, Slavs, or Roms.

agree, it shoudl be sposible to marry infidel, but for soem religions more dificult than others, moslims are realy hating of other infidels.

I think how different pagans can now intermarry to a point, is the way it should be between all religions. They will resist, but will occasionally agree to marry. They will respect strong alliances and prestige, the skills and age of the spouse etc.

In addition, remove all the restrictions between pagans. Different pagans never had any trouble with each other, at least not because of them being "infidel". Most pagans would conceive foreign gods as their own, worshipped only with different names.

I think how different pagans can now intermarry to a point, is the way it should be between all religions. They will resist, but will occasionally agree to marry. They will respect strong alliances and prestige, the skills and age of the spouse etc.

In addition, remove all the restrictions between pagans. Different pagans never had any trouble with each other, at least not because of them being "infidel". Most pagans would conceive foreign gods as their own, worshipped only with different names.
IMHO, West Africans could use marriage ban until they reform - as intermarrying with them at start makes no sense... but by the time they'll reform Mali would be prominent enough to not treat marrying with them as 'intermarrying with someone I haven't ever heard'.

Otherwise, OFC, I think you're right.

Yeah, there is a certain famous Lithuanian King who would particularly appreciate being able to marry his historical wife.

And some Hungarians, Rumanians, Alans, Rus, Bulgarians, early Northern Germans, Norse, Byzantines, Anglo-Saxons and should I keep going?

And right on about Pagans not caring about marrying other pagans... this is especially true in the Norse/Romuva/Slavic circle where the Gods were often literally the same exact Gods from the old proto-Germanic religion, with only minor changes in their names.

Last edited:
IMHO, West Africans could use marriage ban until they reform - as intermarrying with them at start makes no sense... but by the time they'll reform Mali would be prominent enough to not treat marrying with them as 'intermarrying with someone I haven't ever heard'.

Otherwise, OFC, I think you're right.

I don't see why Mali shouldn't be allowed to marry into Berber kingdoms, and potentially even Iberian families if they manage to wield enough influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.