• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

podcat

Game Director <unannounced>
Paradox Staff
12 Badges
Jul 23, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
Heart of Darkness patch 3.03 (checksum: NSPY) is now out. It can be downloaded from launcher or directly from here: http://old.paradoxplaza.com/in-game/v2/V2patch3_03setup.exe for non-steam customers (patch is a 16MB download).

Patch is live on steam now as well. Restart steam if it doesn't automatically notice the update.

This is a small update on 3.02 to fix a crash issue. The 3.02 patch log can be seen here.

Changelog 3.02 -> 3.03 (also included inside patch):
- Fixed an AI crash when building forts.
- Added Oregon as part of Manifest Destiny.
- Increased some of the pop promotion limits.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I am going to hijack this thread to gloat on slow patch news posting: LINK

Do note the timestamps! :)

if I post first then people will ask why there is no patch :D So many levers to pull at the same time.

Reactions:
Massive improvements!

What does

- Increased some of the pop promotion limits.
really mean?

Massive improvements!

What does

really mean?

Promotion means moving to a different pop type. Certain pop types you only want a certain percentage of, in 3.02 we made sure national focus could not bump your bureaucrats up to something like 100%, but we set the percentage fairly low and did not take into account things like reforms changing your ideal target or people wanting a little more. We changed it now so it takes a bit extra height over the target percentage.

Promotion means moving to a different pop type. Certain pop types you only want a certain percentage of, in 3.02 we made sure national focus could not bump your bureaucrats up to something like 100%, but we set the percentage fairly low and did not take into account things like reforms changing your ideal target or people wanting a little more. We changed it now so it takes a bit extra height over the target percentage.

Is it possible to not give the U.S. cores on all the U.S. until they research manifest destiny? I believe this is essential.

...it's already like this. They don't get the Mexican cores until Manifest Destiny.

Every time I check the A.I.'s cores, they do not have Manifest Destiny, but have cores on all of modern U.S.

You guys are talking about two different things.

The USA gets a decision called Manifest Destiny which comes up fairly early in the game (to simulate the Mexican-American War in 1846).

There is also an invention called Manifest Destiny which all nations get, but not until much later.

Already found a new bug though, when boarding a ship in multiplayer and entering the palestine coast, your troops become stuck on the boat, if you can land them off they become immobile, and un-disbandable.

Lovely. I was just about to post about constant crashes in a very interesting game as NGF having sphered AUS going for France aiming at forming Greater Germany - a game I would hate to abandon. This patch was the cure for those constant crashes!

P.S. Always play on Very Hard when playing Majors.

hope this fixes the massive desync problems we have had while trying to play 3.02, most of my group has given up on Victoria 2 for the more user friendly Crusader Kings 2 (explaining to 10+ people how to clear map cache and then still having issues with desyncs is beyond maddening),.

Already found a new bug though, when boarding a ship in multiplayer and entering the palestine coast, your troops become stuck on the boat, if you can land them off they become immobile, and un-disbandable.

These issues have been ongoing but they have been popping up more often since heart of darkness came out.

podcat bug killer, Orkin man! :p