Information regarding the Europa Universalis IV Call to Arms incentives! *UPDATED*

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
europauniversalisivlogo.png

Greetings conquerors!

We would like to give you an update on the timeline for how the rewards, or incentives,
from the Call to Arms campaign will be given out as many of you are asking about this.

- The first incentives will be handed out to the eligible people at the end of July 2013

- Another set will go out just prior to the release of the game (this means that if
you reached the necessary targets you will get stuff both in July and at launch. Not that
some people will receive all their things at one point and the rest of you at the other)

- The winners of the trip to Stockholm who will also have their names in the credits of
the game will be announced soon (we really mean 'soon' as it is interpreted by a
majority of humanity this time)
!

Thank you so much for spreading the word about Europa Universalis IV! We absolutely appreciate it. We know we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the support of our fellow Paradoxians.

Now that our pre-order for Europa Universalis IV has officially launched, we wanted to clarify a few things so there’s a bit less confusion about the rewards and bonuses. We have two separate campaigns going on right now, both of which will net you special bonuses upon launch. Each set of bonuses for each campaign are completely separate from one another, so there are rewards galore to be had.

Our Call to Arms campaign will net you rewards, like unit packs, as well as other EUIV related goodies like a forum icon and e-books. You might even get your name in the credits! If you have friends, foes, or rival countries, refer them and we’ll make sure you receive these special items from us before the game launches.

To see the full list bonuses for the Call to Arms campaign, head here: http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/

Our pre-order campaign will nab you additional items, and these will differ from the ones offered in the Call to Arms campaign. We have a slew of things to offer for pre-order bonuses—they’ll be revealed over the months until launch—and you’ll get them all regardless of when you pre-order.

To check out the current pre-order offer and a list of where it can be purchased, please visit: http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

World conquerors, we can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on come August 13.

Last edited:
I see.

Would have been nice if we would be able to get the Eu3 copy earlier since I would like to get my friend addicted to Grand strategy for a while before EU 4 comes out.

Wait, we need to pre-order the game to get our rewards?

- Another set will go out just prior to the release of the game (this means that if
you reached the necessary targets you will get stuff both in July and at launch. Not that
some people will receive all their things at one point and the rest of you at the other)

This seems to imply we get the DLC's twice...That's not correct, right?

I'm a bit concerned that my Sign-up isn't working correctly since I can't check my status by typing in the email, since it claims it does not exist so it's a bit confusing (the direct link on status works though.) I suppose I will know if it worked or not when these are handed out.

I'm a bit concerned that my Sign-up isn't working correctly since I can't check my status by typing in the email, since it claims it does not exist so it's a bit confusing (the direct link on status works though.) I suppose I will know if it worked or not when these are handed out.

Your signup is fine. Just noticed the system to check your email is case sensitive, maybe that was the problem for you? I'm trying to have that changed so it won't matter.

So what would happen if you signed up with one email for the Call to Arms campaign and used a different email for your Steam account? Just pre-ordered the Digital Extreme Edition on Steam, but I want to make sure to get the Call to Arms DLCs too.

How are the DLCs going to be distributed?

Thank you.

I don't want to derail the thread, but all DLC (both "call to arms" and preorder/perorder digital extreme) will -at least I assume so- be available for purchase post-release.
Is this correct?
If so, what will the prices be?

You guys probably posted this somewhere and I'm simply too stupid to find it, but if you didn't you should.
People gotta know if and how much they save on preorder and if to participate in the "call to arms".

Don't get me wrong I preordered the large package, but I did so sort of blindly. Stupid fanboys :)

How will handing out the rewards work? Will we still get our rewards even if we don't purchase the game until after the release?

So this mean that if I buy the game the day before 13 august, i have all the DLCs? June, July, August?

No, you have to pre-order the game in June to get June & July's bonuses. As long as you have recruited 10 friends to the signup you will get all of those particular bonuses regardless of when you purchase the game.

Our pre-order campaign will nab you additional items, and these will differ from the ones offered in the Call to Arms campaign. We have a slew of things to offer for pre-order bonuses—they’ll be revealed over the months until launch—and you’ll get them all regardless of when you pre-order.

This makes it seem like you get all the Pre-order bonus no matter when you order.

You're right that does make it sound like you get all of the pre-order bonuses no matter when you pre-order.

The webpage http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy states the following:

"Pre-order the Digital Extreme Edition or Standard Edition in June to get: July and August Bonus included"

This is far more ambiguous but could be just down to a slight translation issue.

Needs clarification from PDS I would say to confirm either way.

No, you have to pre-order the game in June to get June & July's bonuses

Following what Paradox said in this topic:

We have a slew of things to offer for pre-order bonuses—they’ll be revealed over the months until launch—and you’ll get them all regardless of when you pre-order.

They updated the topic today, I think just because people wondered your question, but I agree that this is a little ambiguous.

Last edited: