+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Information regarding the Europa Universalis IV Call to Arms incentives! *UPDATED*

Community Manager
    On vacation! Not taking PM's :)
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries

Information regarding the Europa Universalis IV Call to Arms incentives! *UPDATED*

Greetings conquerors!

We would like to give you an update on the timeline for how the rewards, or incentives,
    from the Call to Arms campaign will be given out as many of you are asking about this.

- The first incentives will be handed out to the eligible people at the end of July 2013

- Another set will go out just prior to the release of the game (this means that if
    you reached the necessary targets you will get stuff both in July and at launch. Not that
    some people will receive all their things at one point and the rest of you at the other)

- The winners of the trip to Stockholm who will also have their names in the credits of
    the game will be announced soon (we really mean 'soon' as it is interpreted by a
    majority of humanity this time)
    !

Thank you so much for spreading the word about Europa Universalis IV! We absolutely appreciate it. We know we wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for the support of our fellow Paradoxians.

Now that our pre-order for Europa Universalis IV has officially launched, we wanted to clarify a few things so there’s a bit less confusion about the rewards and bonuses. We have two separate campaigns going on right now, both of which will net you special bonuses upon launch. Each set of bonuses for each campaign are completely separate from one another, so there are rewards galore to be had.

Our Call to Arms campaign will net you rewards, like unit packs, as well as other EUIV related goodies like a forum icon and e-books. You might even get your name in the credits! If you have friends, foes, or rival countries, refer them and we’ll make sure you receive these special items from us before the game launches.

To see the full list bonuses for the Call to Arms campaign, head here: http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/

Our pre-order campaign will nab you additional items, and these will differ from the ones offered in the Call to Arms campaign. We have a slew of things to offer for pre-order bonuses—they’ll be revealed over the months until launch—and you’ll get them all regardless of when you pre-order.

To check out the current pre-order offer and a list of where it can be purchased, please visit: http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

World conquerors, we can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working on come August 13.
    Last edited by BjornB; 05-06-2013 at 16:58. Reason: Added information

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by BjornB View Post
    we really mean 'soon'
    Watch out. At this rate Riot games might sue you guys for trademark infringement

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

I see.

Would have been nice if we would be able to get the Eu3 copy earlier since I would like to get my friend addicted to Grand strategy for a while before EU 4 comes out.

Crusader Kings II500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Wait, we need to pre-order the game to get our rewards?
    My mod for CKII:

Realism Mod No longer being maintained

Isolation doesn’t mean you don’t get enemies, but it does mean you don’t get friends.

- Another set will go out just prior to the release of the game (this means that if
    you reached the necessary targets you will get stuff both in July and at launch. Not that
    some people will receive all their things at one point and the rest of you at the other)

This seems to imply we get the DLC's twice...That's not correct, right?

81 games registered

200k club500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventMagicka: Wizard Wars IMPressive Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Math2 View Post
    This seems to imply we get the DLC's twice...That's not correct, right?
    Nope, that isn't correct.
    What BjornB meant was that some of the rewards will be sent out in mid to late July and some of them will be sent out in time for the release of EU4.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesSengokuMount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'm a bit concerned that my Sign-up isn't working correctly since I can't check my status by typing in the email, since it claims it does not exist so it's a bit confusing (the direct link on status works though.) I suppose I will know if it worked or not when these are handed out.

Community Manager
    On vacation! Not taking PM's :)
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorTojo View Post
    I'm a bit concerned that my Sign-up isn't working correctly since I can't check my status by typing in the email, since it claims it does not exist so it's a bit confusing (the direct link on status works though.) I suppose I will know if it worked or not when these are handed out.
    Your signup is fine. Just noticed the system to check your email is case sensitive, maybe that was the problem for you? I'm trying to have that changed so it won't matter.

Let's hope the company of 273 well trained mercenaries I gathered will be enough to help me meeting with you in the castle of the lord of Paradox !
    " You insolent, useless son of a peasant dog! How dare you show your sword in his presence!"
    My french commentary videos channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Cant wait for the results!

I have 114 so far, but not sure if I qualify for credits, though.

I hope I will be able to get Europa Universalis III Chronicles before EU4 is released, since after EU4 is released I would not play its predecessor.

So what would happen if you signed up with one email for the Call to Arms campaign and used a different email for your Steam account? Just pre-ordered the Digital Extreme Edition on Steam, but I want to make sure to get the Call to Arms DLCs too.

How are the DLCs going to be distributed?

Thank you.

Crusader Kings II500k clubEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I don't want to derail the thread, but all DLC (both "call to arms" and preorder/perorder digital extreme) will -at least I assume so- be available for purchase post-release.
    Is this correct?
    If so, what will the prices be?

You guys probably posted this somewhere and I'm simply too stupid to find it, but if you didn't you should.
    People gotta know if and how much they save on preorder and if to participate in the "call to arms".

Don't get me wrong I preordered the large package, but I did so sort of blindly. Stupid fanboys
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”
    - Hitchens

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    How will handing out the rewards work? Will we still get our rewards even if we don't purchase the game until after the release?
    The Shadow of the Warrior
    Ancient Chosun

200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2Naval War: Arctic CircleEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

So this mean that if I buy the game the day before 13 august, i have all the DLCs? June, July, August?

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Te. Kenzo View Post
    So this mean that if I buy the game the day before 13 august, i have all the DLCs? June, July, August?
    No, you have to pre-order the game in June to get June & July's bonuses. As long as you have recruited 10 friends to the signup you will get all of those particular bonuses regardless of when you purchase the game.

Our pre-order campaign will nab you additional items, and these will differ from the ones offered in the Call to Arms campaign. We have a slew of things to offer for pre-order bonuses—they’ll be revealed over the months until launch—and you’ll get them all regardless of when you pre-order.
    This makes it seem like you get all the Pre-order bonus no matter when you order.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

You're right that does make it sound like you get all of the pre-order bonuses no matter when you pre-order.

The webpage http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy states the following:

"Pre-order the Digital Extreme Edition or Standard Edition in June to get: July and August Bonus included"

This is far more ambiguous but could be just down to a slight translation issue.

Needs clarification from PDS I would say to confirm either way.

200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2Naval War: Arctic CircleEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by ryu2999 View Post
    No, you have to pre-order the game in June to get June & July's bonuses
    Following what Paradox said in this topic:

We have a slew of things to offer for pre-order bonuses—they’ll be revealed over the months until launch—and you’ll get them all regardless of when you pre-order.
    They updated the topic today, I think just because people wondered your question, but I agree that this is a little ambiguous.
    Last edited by Te. Kenzo; 07-06-2013 at 14:41.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast