• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need to have the army standing on one of your provinces. Being at sea isn't enough if that's the case.

Having the ability to toggle for looting while at sea would be great though.

You need to be pagan. (lol) That part of "owner has to be allowed to loot" usually is because your religion can't loot.

Or maybe your army is on a boat at sea and you can't toggle it.

You can toggle it if your army is in a boat and that boat is DOCKED in one of YOUR provinces.

A viking that can't loot is no viking at all.

It has to be a non-norse religion province connected to a river or ocean. Then make sure it HAS stuff that can be looted, not 0 gold. Then make sure your troops arent mercs, set them in your territory and toggle looting on that little screen where you choose that army's generals. Then go off and rampage.

As erik the heathen in 1066 i raised my armies but couldn't toggle the loot button. Why?

I cant loot either as the King of Sweeden and He is norse and I have no Christian troops in my armys but yet I cant loot :(
- you cant loot members of your faith. Maybe you trying to loot other norse?

- you cant loot members of your faith. Maybe you trying to loot other Norse?

I tried Looting Catholic people and all I got was troops in friendly land. Which made little sense since they are catholic and I am Norse. Is their something I need to do in order to raid. do I have declare my raiding intentions or maybe because I an King of Sweeden ? but still I am Norse and nobody in my court is catholic. Strange maybe its a bug ?

I tried Looting Catholic people and all I got was troops in friendly land. Which made little sense since they are catholic and I am Norse. Is their something I need to do in order to raid. do I have declare my raiding intentions or maybe because I an King of Sweeden ? but still I am Norse and nobody in my court is catholic. Strange maybe its a bug ?

Did you make sure that you toggled the looting button while in your own lands. Alternatively do you have a fleet in the adjacent sea zone or river because if you don't your army is incapable of looting

Did you make sure that you toggled the looting button while in your own lands. Alternatively do you have a fleet in the adjacent sea zone or river because if you don't your army is incapable of looting

Ah That is most likely the missing link. Thank you so much !. I will do that when I play my game again and let you know if it works. But I believe that is the missing step that I forgot to add before going on raiding. So thanks again !