+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant loot as norse sweden king

Cant loot as norse sweden king

is it normal because it says i can but im not allowed to hit button since it says allowed to loot

Do you have non-pagan vassal troops mixed in? I have no idea if that would make a difference though.

it just says owner has to be allowed to loot i dont think i have non pagan units

I dont know if this matters, but check the army leaders.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

You can't loot if you have mercenaries mixed into the army... maybe that is the problem?

no mercs or anything i started as default sweden king guy in 867

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

You need to have the army standing on one of your provinces. Being at sea isn't enough if that's the case.

Having the ability to toggle for looting while at sea would be great though.

You need to be pagan. (lol) That part of "owner has to be allowed to loot" usually is because your religion can't loot.

Or maybe your army is on a boat at sea and you can't toggle it.

You can toggle it if your army is in a boat and that boat is DOCKED in one of YOUR provinces.
    "I always thought i was a good person, until i played Crusader Kings 2"
    "Tales of your misdeeds are being told from Ireland to Cathay"

A viking that can't loot is no viking at all.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

It has to be a non-norse religion province connected to a river or ocean. Then make sure it HAS stuff that can be looted, not 0 gold. Then make sure your troops arent mercs, set them in your territory and toggle looting on that little screen where you choose that army's generals. Then go off and rampage.
    "I always thought I was a good person" should be on the cover reviews on CK2.
    -TomosCaerllion

As erik the heathen in 1066 i raised my armies but couldn't toggle the loot button. Why?
    "I always thought i was a good person, until i played Crusader Kings 2"
    "Tales of your misdeeds are being told from Ireland to Cathay"

Quote Originally Posted by miguellima View Post
    As erik the heathen in 1066 i raised my armies but couldn't toggle the loot button. Why?
    Because your liege is Christian. To be able to loot you must be either independent or a vassal under a Norse king.

I cant loot either as the King of Sweeden and He is norse and I have no Christian troops in my armys but yet I cant loot

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by LordDamien View Post
    I cant loot either as the King of Sweeden and He is norse and I have no Christian troops in my armys but yet I cant loot
    - you cant loot members of your faith. Maybe you trying to loot other norse?

Quote Originally Posted by RussianBias View Post
    - you cant loot members of your faith. Maybe you trying to loot other Norse?
    I tried Looting Catholic people and all I got was troops in friendly land. Which made little sense since they are catholic and I am Norse. Is their something I need to do in order to raid. do I have declare my raiding intentions or maybe because I an King of Sweeden ? but still I am Norse and nobody in my court is catholic. Strange maybe its a bug ?

Quote Originally Posted by LordDamien View Post
    I tried Looting Catholic people and all I got was troops in friendly land. Which made little sense since they are catholic and I am Norse. Is their something I need to do in order to raid. do I have declare my raiding intentions or maybe because I an King of Sweeden ? but still I am Norse and nobody in my court is catholic. Strange maybe its a bug ?
    Did you make sure that you toggled the looting button while in your own lands. Alternatively do you have a fleet in the adjacent sea zone or river because if you don't your army is incapable of looting

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanther14 View Post
    Did you make sure that you toggled the looting button while in your own lands. Alternatively do you have a fleet in the adjacent sea zone or river because if you don't your army is incapable of looting
    Ah That is most likely the missing link. Thank you so much !. I will do that when I play my game again and let you know if it works. But I believe that is the missing step that I forgot to add before going on raiding. So thanks again !

+ Reply to Thread