• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bizarre game to say the least.

What are the tech levels of Japan? Also, what will be the terms of your Versailles Treaty? :p

A 900k doomstack is always handy when taking on a nation like France. :p

I hope you cripple France at the end of this war. Show them that it never pays to mess with the British. ;)

What happened to my Belgium! You must give them flanders and Wallonia back!

That happened a long time ago, my friend. :)

I'm very disappointed that you surround the enemy stack as the AI has no idea how to counter that :( (not that you wouldn't have won anyway with that 901K stack).

It was a pretty small stack, to be honest. Maybe only 80k?

Independence Rebels cannot take capitals, so if Belgium collapses for some reason (loosing wars, etc), there will be Flanders and Wallonia, while Belgium remains in control of Brussels and any colony they might have.

That is precisely what happened.

huh. A wet dream for some extremely stupid politicians here. How's Flemish economy?

It's surprisingly strong, but not strong enough to break into the secondary powers.

Guess it helps to have a 900,000 reserve force :D

Long way to go for China and Japan but it looks like they sent enough troops to make a difference.

Looks that way, doesn't it?

Bizarre game to say the least.

What are the tech levels of Japan? Also, what will be the terms of your Versailles Treaty? :p

Japan was in my sphere when they Westernized, but I forget precisely how the game calculates tech levels.

A 900k doomstack is always handy when taking on a nation like France. :p

I hope you cripple France at the end of this war. Show them that it never pays to mess with the British. ;)

Crippling them is beyond my power (at least in a once and for all sort of way).

It's not really clear how it works. Anyhow, Japan/China shouldn't be more than one tech behind - techs get incredibly cheap if you're far behind.
I thought they remained constant regardless of how far behind you are? The differenced being you produce more RP.

I thought they remained constant regardless of how far behind you are? The differenced being you produce more RP.
For each year you're behind the unlocking date, you get 1% discount. Just open the tech screen and hover over a tech you haven't researched immediately. For nations westernized from start, it's only minor - for guys westernizing around 1900 it's a extremely fat discount.

For each year you're behind the unlocking date, you get 1% discount. Just open the tech screen and hover over a tech you haven't researched immediately. For nations westernized from start, it's only minor - for guys westernizing around 1900 it's a extremely fat discount.
Thanks I thought I read somewhere that there wasn't a discount for lagging behind.

Bucther :eek:

How is your economy running so smooth in wartime?

Seeing France in stripes makes me a happy man :happy:.

Me too. :)

It's not really clear how it works. Anyhow, Japan/China shouldn't be more than one tech behind - techs get incredibly cheap if you're far behind.

Thanks I thought I read somewhere that there wasn't a discount for lagging behind.

That's probably HoI3.

That's what it was I got, Vic2 and HoI3 crisscrossed.

Don't have much to add here, other than the bonus for falling behind tech is new to HOD, so you could also be confusing it with AHD or vanilla Vicky 2.

Bucther :eek:

How is your economy running so smooth in wartime?

Because I haven't been talking about it. :) In all seriousness, I have a decent sized daily drain at this point but a massive reserve of cash. I'll try to talk more about the economy in the update after this one.

Really, really good to see France brought to its knees. What do you think is keeping them from surrender? What is your war score?

Really, really good to see France brought to its knees. What do you think is keeping them from surrender? What is your war score?

No idea. :) War score is still in their favor, but it's dropping every day.

Glad to see this AAR back in action, I was thoroughly enjoying it before you put it on hiatus. For the purposes of roleplay, I hope your version of the Versailles is devastating. This is why I like NNM so much, it makes great wars a much more big deal, with the threat of having your entire empire dismantled. For example, France would lose all her colonies, and then be split in half, with southern France becoming Occitania. Imagine the stakes!

Glad to see this AAR back in action, I was thoroughly enjoying it before you put it on hiatus. For the purposes of roleplay, I hope your version of the Versailles is devastating. This is why I like NNM so much, it makes great wars a much more big deal, with the threat of having your entire empire dismantled. For example, France would lose all her colonies, and then be split in half, with southern France becoming Occitania. Imagine the stakes!

This particular AAR is not with NNM. I wanted to use vanilla HOD to make things as easy to understand as possible.

AI will never WP if warscore is in their favor. That's also what produced the never ending UK/Uruguay war in your Netherlands (?) AAR.

Yes, exactly.

Chapter 18, part 3: Not with a bang, but a whimper

So here is the situation, in case you’ve forgotten:

78zn.jpg

No reason I can’t sit back and pick France apart now!

fwom.jpg

I hate you, Communists. I hate you so much. As you can see from the first pic, I don’t have a lot of reserves sitting in the isles, and if I remember right the London stack alone was at least 100 brigades. The war score isn’t getting a whole better either.

wg1r.jpg

In May, I decide to test the peace process out, and look what I find out!

zfu5.jpg

I eagerly accept the offer. Yes, all the war goals would have stacked, but I need to pull my army out of France and quickly. Even better, the Ottomans will accept the same deal.

rt9a.jpg

We’ll spend the rest of the update (sorry it’s so short, but I haven’t played in a long time) talking a bit about my economy. I order my first armored unit – 7 armored brigades and 7 artillery brigades. I'm not saying it’s optimal – I’m fairly sure it isn’t – but how else will I find out?

Here’s my economy right after the war.

3gqq.jpg

Note the healthy reparations I get from France and friends. Part of the reason I make so much money is because my people hate me. (Look at the pies if you don’t believe me). I immediately adjust the tax rates to help mitigate this.

b8xr.jpg

I use some of my cash to start a car factory and a barrel factory in NE England. The problem is that late game factories take a long time to build, so this won’t happen quickly. The only thing that will help bring MIL down in the short term is passing a social reform.

6iuw.jpg

I don’t like Pensions, but the alternative is another, even larger, Communist rebellion. What I really need to do next time I play is to start paying import subsidies (negative tariffs); that should help reduce the prices on some of the stuff my people are buying. The immediate MIL drop takes me from just over 4 to about 2.25. I start on Integrated Access Roads in September. By almost eliminating taxes in October (you’ll have to look really closely, but I’m barely charging the poor anything), I’m able to fix some of the pies.

tvhv.jpg

To end this all-too short update, here’s a world map:

6lfl.jpg

I plan to play some this weekend, maybe even tonight, so hopefully you won’t have to wait more than a week for a new update!

The Communists stole total victory from you. They are such a pain in the late game and they just keep popping up.

What are you stockpilling in the last screenshot that makes you hemorage cash like that? It's an almost 9000£ increase in expenditure since the end of the war. Building spree?