• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

senior_hombre

Captain
102 Badges
Aug 12, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Age of Wonders
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
Hello,
iam trying to reform the north religion as denmark, i conquered the two holy places allready in the hands of other norse pagans and managed to get enough piety to reform, but there is about 20% moral authority missing. What can i do?

Take Zeeland or Braunschweig if/when Lotharingia and/or East Francia have a civil war, each is worth 10% MA as they're the other Holy Sites.

If your MA is still too low, start looting temples and waging county conquests. Looting a Bishophoric or Mosque gets you 1% MA a piece and costs the religion holding that church 1% MA. Similarly, each county conquest gets you 1% MA and reduces the MA of the religion of the victim by 1%

Go raiding and pillage catholic or islamic temples. Each temple is 1% moral authority. The thing with it is though is when another country with norse religion LOSES a holy war, moral authority drops for ALL norse rulers.

i did looted a lot of temples (provices with a church as capital) but the temple looting modifier did not changed. Zeeland is an option but Holland (who owns it) is currently trying to get independent. Braunschweig is no option currently because i have no casus beli (it is no coast province).

You'd need to wage a few wars to get to Braunschweig. Holland is rebelling? Jump on Zeeland NOW because that means that it's comparatively easy pickings.

And did you actually loot the temple? You need to siege the temple holding all the way (so that it gets the "looted" modifier and gets the on fire image).

Aye, completely siege down temples when looting. Don't just take the unprotected loot and bounce, that won't help MA.

Zeeland is very easy to get. Lotharingia spends a lot of time in rebellion, and even if they aren't currently there's a good chance their levies will still be depleted from either a previous rebellion or one of the various wars the Karlings drag each other into. I took it pretty early with Norway (and now plan to make my way to Braunschweig so I don't have to conquer my Norse brothers. That, and so my reformation won't be so darn early into the game).

If you loot enough, you can also use the money to build temples which will also raise MA. It's not a very efficient way, but if you find yourself sitting on 1.2k gold you might as well. And make sure to stomp out any holy wars started against your Norse brothers.