• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Werewhale

First Lieutenant
83 Badges
Sep 11, 2009
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Dorrit Moussaief's Iceland is the Most Biggest Country in the World Mod​

qxwIwVu.jpg

"Ísland er ekki lítið land. Ísland er stórasta land í heimi!"
"Iceland is not a small country. Iceland is the most biggest country in the world!"
Dorrit Moussaief, First Lady of Iceland​

I wanted to do an AAR as Iceland, but found the vanilla a bit lacking when it came to Icelandic culture(going from Norse to sharing a culture with those Dane-loving Norwegians? No thank you!). So I made a little mod to fill my little niche. It may be considered complete if only because I have no interest in making a big overhaul out of it.

If you want to use items from this mod in your own work, you are welcome to do so, just credit me.

Features:
  • Icelandic Culture, with names drawn from the wikipedia article on early settlers of Iceland(and a few other random names that came to me. Modern spelling is used for all names), cultural names for a few dozen titles(mostly in Scandinavia and Brittania), will split from Norse just like the other North Germanic cultures.
  • De Jure Icelandic Kingdom, split from de jure Norway. Contains only the single Duchy of Iceland. Includes new flag.
  • Titular North Sea Empire, just for giggles. Flies the Raven Banner of Cnut the Great. Formable if you hold three kingdoms, one of which is Sweden, Denmark, or Norway, and another of which is England or Scotland(the third can be whatever), and do not hold an emperor title.
  • All new text is translated (poorly) in all default languages

DISCLAIMER: This mod does not buff Iceland, it's still a poopy place to start with. Although in that it is a distinct de jure kingdom that shares borders with no one, it may be less likely that someone will come over and take your junk. May.

Download

Last edited:
Hmmm I might use this, while I wait for CKII+, get my fill of Icelandic raiding shenanigans.

Even though I already have a Kingdom of Iceland in VIET, I do see some things I like - I'd like to integrate some parts of this mod into VIET with your permission, specifically the decisions/events on conversion to Icelandic and the stuff for the North Sea Empire.

Even though I already have a Kingdom of Iceland in VIET, I do see some things I like - I'd like to integrate some parts of this mod into VIET with your permission, specifically the decisions/events on conversion to Icelandic and the stuff for the North Sea Empire.

Go right ahead :)

Hi thanks for this mod (big Iceland-phile here), I'm trying to get this running but I'm encountering an error where only Iceland has holding's and the rest of the map is baren. Can you confirm it's still working fine for you on the latest patch? (the 1.102 patch). I haven't changed anything so if it does work for you then it's some weird Linux issue I have to solve.

Thanks again!

I had not noticed the new patch actually, thanks for warning me. There are some other little tweaks I want to include in the mod as well(for example, the MTTH of Icelandic splitting from Norse is too high for such a small area). I'll check this out today and get back to you.

Just installed the patch and I have no errors. I can't guess as to what the cause is on your end, I'm a novice programmer at best. If you fix it, please let us know, in case there's something I need to do to the mod to make it compatible with Linux users.

Very strange, the old 1.101 patch had the issues (on one start it was no holdings at all, all the counties existed but nothing in them). On another, the map was empty of everything except Iceland (also had a court of 150 or so :S).

However, in 1.102 it seems normal. I converted all the txt files in the mod to unix from DOS. So I'll try again with your rar. At the moment though, the only issue I see is that the de jour empire of Iceland is the usual Scandinavia one, is this normal? (but youre able to create the north sea empire instead?) - as in, can you be de jour part of two empires?

Sorry if this sounds like a noob question, but I have finally fulfilled what's required to create the north sea empire position, but where would I do that? does it appear as a "title can be created" tooltip?

Im king of Iceland, Ireland, England and Norway, also the Falkir so it should be createable now right? But in my create titles tabs there are 8 duchies I can create and thats it, is there another button somewhere I've never used before? (I normally go through the county screen, click de jour and then select the title I want to create.

Sorry if I've missed something obvious :)

I found the problem, I manged to use the "search for title" function that I have never used before and found the reason I couldnt form the empire - I'm reformed Norse, and the restriction is you have to be either catholic or old norse (or heresy of either).

I'll go edit the mod, but I'd defo flag this up as a "bug" for those of us stupid enough to reform before forming the empire :p

I found the problem, I manged to use the "search for title" function that I have never used before and found the reason I couldnt form the empire - I'm reformed Norse, and the restriction is you have to be either catholic or old norse (or heresy of either).

I'll go edit the mod, but I'd defo flag this up as a "bug" for those of us stupid enough to reform before forming the empire :p

That's absolutely a bug. Added to the list of things to fix for next version(which will be out whenever).

proper broken with today's patch. Can't seem to find anything in the log's either. (only loaded game to see if i could export the save!)

From what I can gather, the latest patch broke all saves from earlier versions.

@Werewhale: The likely reason why your mod isn't working with the new patch is because the new patch fixed custom tooltips not working by changing the way their code is written. In the case of your mod this would affect (I believe) mainly the landed_titles (as vanilla changed the Caliphate's and Latin Empire's custom tooltips to the new version), as well as probably any decisions and events - look for those. The game now no longer understands the old (and bugged) way custom tips were written, causing issues and even CTDs depending on the case. See this post for specifically what's changed: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Tweak-Mod&p=15944544&viewfull=1#post15944544

From what I can gather, the latest patch broke all saves from earlier versions.

The latest patch mainly only affected the traits, otherwise everything else from saves appears to be fine (not that that makes things any better).

do we know if ck2 mod's have any chance of being exported to eu4? Or something that can be manually fixed (maybe having to mod eu4 somehow to include north sea empire and icelandic culture?)

do we know if ck2 mod's have any chance of being exported to eu4? Or something that can be manually fixed (maybe having to mod eu4 somehow to include north sea empire and icelandic culture?)
You, sir, are a god. This is so amazing!

Question: if I convert the empire into EU4, will it keep the name?

Also, is it up to date with the current patch?