• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Galaahd

\O/\O/\O/\O/\O/\O/O\/O\/O\/O\/
114 Badges
Apr 7, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
In what year are they supposed to appear? Are there other conditions?

In my Holmgsgard's game (923, unreformed norse pagan) I haven't seen them yet.

It needs to be after 920, and it appears certain provinces near the Baltic (mostly in Pomerania) need to be ruled by Catholics.

It needs to be after 920, and it appears certain provinces near the Baltic (mostly in Pomerania) need to be ruled by Catholics.

Meh :(

Why?

I feel that most of the events for the Norse are too circumstancial / the requisites are too strict. I haven't seen any duel or any berserker so far. Actually, I haven't seen any event at all except the +2 martial one when raiding, and those instigated by Decisions (Blot / Runestone). And even the Blot triggers always the same two events: the Lustful and Gluttonous ones.

I usually get them around 960, but they are fairly weak and require a lot of piety... with the current looting system, its far better to go for mercs.

I am several years past the year 1000, formed Scandinavia and there aren't many (if any) Catholics in the Baltic region.

Is anyone else hoping for someone to make a Reformed Pagan Holy Orders mod?

Ah, I get it now, Norse Pagans need to own a province, and the Pope gets the event that causes them to appear, but other wise has nothing to do with it. It also require a certain barony not exist yet. The provinces it can affect are:

Kolbatz in Stettin
Zussow in Wolgast
Putbus in Rugen
Tribsee in Werle

The Jomsvikings will only appear in one of these.

Ah, I get it now, Norse Pagans need to own a province, and the Pope gets the event that causes them to appear, but other wise has nothing to do with it. It also require a certain barony not exist yet. The provinces it can affect are:

Kolbatz in Stettin
Zussow in Wolgast
Putbus in Rugen
Tribsee in Werle

The Jomsvikings will only appear in one of these.

"own a province" - What province? One of the four you listed?

Currently they are Old Norse only. Devs say they were supposed to reform along with the rest of Scandinavia, and it will be fixed in the next patch. Until then, can someone post how to edit them to become reformed Norse? I would appreciate it, and ponies would smile :)

"own a province" - What province? One of the four you listed?

Yes, a Norse (Classic or Reformed) ruler needs to own one of those provinces, and it cannot have the Barony listed already in existance. Once the first event fires for the Pope, than it proceds like the Crusader Castles do.

Yes, a Norse (Classic or Reformed) ruler

Try the cool, refreshing taste of Norse Classic. :cool:

Not sure why, that's just what popped into my head when I read that.

Glad to hear the Joms are supposed to reform. Seemed odd that you lose your only possible holy order for doing the one thing that can hold off conversion.

Meh :(

Why?

I feel that most of the events for the Norse are too circumstancial / the requisites are too strict. I haven't seen any duel or any berserker so far. Actually, I haven't seen any event at all except the +2 martial one when raiding, and those instigated by Decisions (Blot / Runestone). And even the Blot triggers always the same two events: the Lustful and Gluttonous ones.
I have gotten berserjer and jomsvikings

Currently they are Old Norse only. Devs say they were supposed to reform along with the rest of Scandinavia, and it will be fixed in the next patch. Until then, can someone post how to edit them to become reformed Norse? I would appreciate it, and ponies would smile :)

I am currently trying to, I invited the heir, imprisoned him and forced him to convert to reformed Norse. Then tried to claim the Jomsvikings, didn't work old master still master and he is still my courtier, so now I am trying to kill the current master for him to inherit it as a reformed Norse, will update if this works or not.

Stettin is Norse and there is no Kolbatz. I think the same goes for Rugen. I guess it's a different name now that a Norseman owns it because I found no Rugen - instead I found a Rugenwalde. It didn't have the Barony in it.

Still no Joms.

Edit: They have appeared, but I don't think you can do anything with them. :-/

Last edited:
Is there something I can edit somewhere to have them show up as a Holy Order for Reformed Norse? I edited the save file to change all mention of the religion in relation to them to norse_reformed, but it didn't work.

Is there something I can edit somewhere to have them show up as a Holy Order for Reformed Norse? I edited the save file to change all mention of the religion in relation to them to norse_reformed, but it didn't work.
Go into landed_titles.txt, find their titular duchy listed with the rest of the holy orders, and add "religion = norse_pagan_reformed" under "religion = norse_pagan". Do not delete the original line, they should remain available to both reformed and unreformed Norse pagans.

Perfect man, thanks! Damn - I hope they add in more "holy orders" for reformed religions.