+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jomsvikings.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries

Jomsvikings.

In what year are they supposed to appear? Are there other conditions?

In my Holmgsgard's game (923, unreformed norse pagan) I haven't seen them yet.

It needs to be after 920, and it appears certain provinces near the Baltic (mostly in Pomerania) need to be ruled by Catholics.

I got to 1000 and I haven't seen them yet.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsara View Post
    It needs to be after 920, and it appears certain provinces near the Baltic (mostly in Pomerania) need to be ruled by Catholics.
    Meh

Why?

I feel that most of the events for the Norse are too circumstancial / the requisites are too strict. I haven't seen any duel or any berserker so far. Actually, I haven't seen any event at all except the +2 martial one when raiding, and those instigated by Decisions (Blot / Runestone). And even the Blot triggers always the same two events: the Lustful and Gluttonous ones.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

I usually get them around 960, but they are fairly weak and require a lot of piety... with the current looting system, its far better to go for mercs.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - Joćo II of Portugal

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

I see them in the mid 900s. In my last game they showed up asking to build a castle holding in Stettin, a County I had just conquered as Norse Denmark.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    I am several years past the year 1000, formed Scandinavia and there aren't many (if any) Catholics in the Baltic region.

Is anyone else hoping for someone to make a Reformed Pagan Holy Orders mod?
    "It all goes back and back, to our mothers and fathers and theirs before them. We are puppets dancing on the
    strings of those who came before us, and one day our own children will take up our strings and dance in our steads." - Tyrion Lannister

Ah, I get it now, Norse Pagans need to own a province, and the Pope gets the event that causes them to appear, but other wise has nothing to do with it. It also require a certain barony not exist yet. The provinces it can affect are:

Kolbatz in Stettin
    Zussow in Wolgast
    Putbus in Rugen
    Tribsee in Werle

The Jomsvikings will only appear in one of these.

Blog Entries
    Ah, I get it now, Norse Pagans need to own a province, and the Pope gets the event that causes them to appear, but other wise has nothing to do with it. It also require a certain barony not exist yet. The provinces it can affect are:

Kolbatz in Stettin
    Zussow in Wolgast
    Putbus in Rugen
    Tribsee in Werle

The Jomsvikings will only appear in one of these.
    "own a province" - What province? One of the four you listed?
    "It all goes back and back, to our mothers and fathers and theirs before them. We are puppets dancing on the
    strings of those who came before us, and one day our own children will take up our strings and dance in our steads." - Tyrion Lannister

Currently they are Old Norse only. Devs say they were supposed to reform along with the rest of Scandinavia, and it will be fixed in the next patch. Until then, can someone post how to edit them to become reformed Norse? I would appreciate it, and ponies would smile

Quote Originally Posted by XCWLoki View Post
    "own a province" - What province? One of the four you listed?
    Yes, a Norse (Classic or Reformed) ruler needs to own one of those provinces, and it cannot have the Barony listed already in existance. Once the first event fires for the Pope, than it proceds like the Crusader Castles do.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Yes, a Norse (Classic or Reformed) ruler
    Try the cool, refreshing taste of Norse Classic.

Not sure why, that's just what popped into my head when I read that.

Glad to hear the Joms are supposed to reform. Seemed odd that you lose your only possible holy order for doing the one thing that can hold off conversion.
    T.J. Hafer - PC GAMER || [Charismatic Negotiator] Quick, Stressed, Hedonist, Games Journalist, Proud, Honest, Brave, Gregarious, Just, Cynical, Unyielding
    Culture: Scandinavian American (North Germanic) || Religion: Norse (Neopagan) || Weak Claim on the Most Serene Republic of PCGamer.com (Absolute Cognatic Corporate Elective)

The Crusader Kings Chronicle on PCGamer.com (AAR) \\ All of my articles

Lol what? Are they the norse holy order? I didn't know that. They have built some castles in my realm and i thought they were just random adventurer vikings. I pressed county claim on those castles.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Galaahd View Post
    Meh

Why?

I feel that most of the events for the Norse are too circumstancial / the requisites are too strict. I haven't seen any duel or any berserker so far. Actually, I haven't seen any event at all except the +2 martial one when raiding, and those instigated by Decisions (Blot / Runestone). And even the Blot triggers always the same two events: the Lustful and Gluttonous ones.
    I have gotten berserjer and jomsvikings

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerninja View Post
    Currently they are Old Norse only. Devs say they were supposed to reform along with the rest of Scandinavia, and it will be fixed in the next patch. Until then, can someone post how to edit them to become reformed Norse? I would appreciate it, and ponies would smile
    I am currently trying to, I invited the heir, imprisoned him and forced him to convert to reformed Norse. Then tried to claim the Jomsvikings, didn't work old master still master and he is still my courtier, so now I am trying to kill the current master for him to inherit it as a reformed Norse, will update if this works or not.

Youtube: Hawkiee92

Let's plays for EU IV, Crusader Kings II and some other stuff...

Blog Entries
    Stettin is Norse and there is no Kolbatz. I think the same goes for Rugen. I guess it's a different name now that a Norseman owns it because I found no Rugen - instead I found a Rugenwalde. It didn't have the Barony in it.

Still no Joms.

Edit: They have appeared, but I don't think you can do anything with them. :-/
    Last edited by XCWLoki; 31-05-2013 at 22:43.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

Quote Originally Posted by XCWLoki View Post
    They have appeared, but I don't think you can do anything with them. :-/
    If you are an Old Norse King, grant them a Duchy title in your De Jure realm and then ask them to become your Vassal.

Is there something I can edit somewhere to have them show up as a Holy Order for Reformed Norse? I edited the save file to change all mention of the religion in relation to them to norse_reformed, but it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorlem View Post
    Is there something I can edit somewhere to have them show up as a Holy Order for Reformed Norse? I edited the save file to change all mention of the religion in relation to them to norse_reformed, but it didn't work.
    Go into landed_titles.txt, find their titular duchy listed with the rest of the holy orders, and add "religion = norse_pagan_reformed" under "religion = norse_pagan". Do not delete the original line, they should remain available to both reformed and unreformed Norse pagans.
    "You know how the English conquered Wales? One village at a time. Because no Welshman would run to the next Welsh village to warn them the English were coming. You all went down warm in the knowledge that the next village would get it too and they deserved it for being foreign." -- William of Stonham

Blog Entries
    Perfect man, thanks! Damn - I hope they add in more "holy orders" for reformed religions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast